• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles check box

Mike9

Sometimes when I am ripping a Blu-ray disc, on the Selection screen, there are the series of check boxes for different subtitle languages, the check mark for English is already checked with a "grey" check mark, not the usual black one. Could someone explain what that means?

My end goal is to learn how to rip a disc so that I can (later) selectively turn on and off the English subtitles in Pkex, so that when I have a guest in the home who has a hearing issue, I can turn them on. I think that means that I don't want them burned in, which is what I think happens when the check mark is black.

Any other suggestions on how to do this with CloneBD would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes when I am ripping a Blu-ray disc, on the Selection screen, there are the series of check boxes for different subtitle languages, the check mark for English is already checked with a "grey" check mark, not the usual black one. Could someone explain what that means?

It's simple: when it's black, then ALL subtitles of that language in all selected titles are selected. When it's grey, you deselected SOME of them.
Has nothing to do with being burned in.
BUT: if you select a format, that burns in subtitles (like "MP4" or "MKV with permanent subtitles"), there obviously can only be one subtitle per playlist, so CloneBD preselects only one. That may automatically cause a grey check mark for the same reason.

Thanks for the reply. This doesn't seem consistent with the behavior that I am observing. When I first put a disc in, and then open CloneBD, usually the English box is "grey" checked, and the others are not checked. This sounds like what you are saying. Then if I un-check and re-check English, it is now black. Also, if I remove and re-insert the disc again, nothing will be checked.

In any case, it sounds like you are saying that there is no practical difference between a grey and black check?

Also, when you say that mp4 and mkv have permanent subtitles, what format should I be using if I want to be able to select subtitles on or off in Plex?

Is there documentation of all this somewhere on this site? I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks again.

subtitles.png

Thanks for the reply. This doesn't seem consistent with the behavior that I am observing. When I first put a disc in, and then open CloneBD, usually the English box is "grey" checked, and the others are not checked. This sounds like what you are saying. Then if I un-check and re-check English, it is now black. Also, if I remove and re-insert the disc again, nothing will be checked.

I can't reproduce that effect, tried several discs and several settings. If you believe that there is a bug, please provide an AnyDVD log file of that disc and explain the steps you took, so we can see what is happening here.

In any case, it sounds like you are saying that there is no practical difference between a grey and black check?

No. The grey checkmark clearly says "some, but not all tracks of that language are checked" and the black one says "all are checked".
If you have a situation, where that is not the case, we'd need more details to be able to reproduce that.

Also, when you say that mp4 and mkv have permanent subtitles, what format should I be using if I want to be able to select subtitles on or off in Plex?
That's not what I meant.
MP4 only supports permanent subtitles.
MKV has two flavors. One with permanent and one with selectable subtitles.

On the mp4 part, no Pete. I reported that a long time ago. Mp4 supports selectable subtitles too, IF they're based on the txt (srt) format. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_17?wprov=sfla1
We all know that and it is irrelevant for this discussion. It has been discussed in length why srt is no trivial addition and why it's not going to be supported through a snip of a finger.
I'm talking about available options in CloneBD.

Oh I didn't say it was trivial to add, just that is IS possible. That's all. :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back