• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

stuff leaving amazon

Thanks!

Also, if you are in the UK at least, there are 2 "other" categories available when viewing Amazon Prime in a browser (categories > other categories) which are easy to bookmark:
  • Recently added to prime
  • Only for a limited time on Prime

[edit: specified I was referring to Amazon Prime]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 09.57.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 09.57.42.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 52
US (or at least me personally) so not get those categories. Which is lame because the Only for a limited time would be super handy.

US (or at least me personally) so not get those categories. Which is lame because the Only for a limited time would be super handy.
I agree. Kind of weird that they would offer those kinds of lists to the UK and not the USA.

HBO Max has a "Leaving Soon" which is great. Honestly surprised more streaming services don't offer a easy way to see what will be rotating out

HBO Max has a "Leaving Soon" which is great. Honestly surprised more streaming services don't offer a easy way to see what will be rotating out

Man that would be so nice.

Two things all streaming services should have: A section clearly detailing what is being added within the next month that's posted ahead of time, and a second showing what is leaving within the next month. Also posted ahead of time.

Both of these would be extremely simple for any provider to perform. They all negotiate content weeks, or months ahead of time so this is all known internally. Why they aren't doing this for their subscribers, and potential subscribers, is an interesting question.

Yeah. Prime + channels has a ton of great content (and 10x that worth of garbage) but the navigation sucks. It is hard to find what is leaving, what is new, and what is good.

At this point I just assemble a list of ASINs I want and paste them in the search box in anystream.

best interface to prime video is https://www.amazon.com/dp/<ASIN>

I dearly wish anystream supported typing in the ASIN and loading the above page so I could save a page load and click worth of interaction with AIV. Or better yet, loading a text file of ASINs (one per line) into the queue.

I don't think AS is doing the searching. The provider is doing the search.

Why not just add stuff to your watchlist. When you hover over it in AS it will usually tell when a show/ movie is getting ready to leave. Then you can remove the show the watchlist, and then undo. That will bring it to the top of the list.

I dearly wish anystream supported typing in the ASIN and loading the above page so I could save a page load and click worth of interaction with AIV. Or better yet, loading a text file of ASINs (one per line) into the queue.
This is certainly an interesting idea. This would be an easy way to build a download queue for APV. However, I'm not sure if this would work as it relates to preselecting the resolution, language, audio and subtitles beforehand.

I decided to look into what ASIN was, and this is the only concern I could see:

upload_2022-1-23_0-3-49.png

However, perhaps with APV, these ASINs are identical across a marketplace. If they are not, then using the ASIN might prove even more challenging.

Here's Hotel Transylvania Transformania (2021) for the US.
Code:
 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MZVD1K5

Last edited:
Doesn't matter that the ASINs are different between marketplaces. The user supplies a correct ASIN for their marketplace.

Many titles on AIV are present under multiple ASINs, often with differences in available subtitles or which version of a movie or similar.

Internally it looks like anystream eventually navigates to the final product detail page which includes the ASIN in the path. I'm just suggesting a way to avoid needing to do the search step. And potentially bulk load a queue (which would mitigate crashes). In terms of resolution / audio I personally always just want max, seems easy to preselect a preferred res.

Looks like this now has a list of channels with free trials. Good time of month for free trials - get the stuff that is leaving and then the new stuff in 2 days.

Back