Studder

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Plaster, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Plaster

Plaster Member

I have backed up a couple of movies for the kids and every time they watch them there's a studder during play back. It's always in the same place, more like a freeze for a couple of seconds then it will catch up. I have tried a slower burn speed but this does not help.

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Do you by any chance use dual layer DVDs for copying?

3. Plaster

Plaster Member

Delete Sorry

Delete Sorry

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  4. DetroitBaseball

Do not make multiple threads on the same issue.

5. Plaster

Plaster Member

No dual layer dvds, there about 3 or 4 years old from when I use to back up PS2 games.

6. DetroitBaseball

Well, what brand of DVDs are you using for recording?

7. Plaster

Plaster Member

There RITEK I thing, been so long and the label is long been removed. There are some numbers on the spindel holder 102-004-050 if that means any thing. I'm running a Dell Dual Core with 2.8Ghz and 1 gig of ram.

8. DetroitBaseball

DO not use Ritek. Ritek is low quality media. I suggest Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, or Sony.

9. Plaster

Plaster Member

Well back then when I bought them they were good lol. What do you recommend? Also you think this is a media issue and not a software issue?

10. DetroitBaseball

I do not believe this is CloneDVD's fault.

I would like to know the model number of your burner. Also, it would be good to know your Upper and Lower filters. Download ImgBurn. http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1128426215/1/SetupImgBurn_2.3.2.0.exe

Go to Tools, then Filter Driver Load Order and click Clipboard.

Additionally, you can user Nero CD-DVD speed to scan the problematic copy to see the quality.

11. Plaster

Plaster Member

The DVD drive is a HL-DT-ST DVD +-RW GWA 4164B, I hope this helps. I don't have ImgBurn , but I looking at it right now. I use anydvd and clone dvd is all I use.