• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stop Complaining Elaborate Bytes is working hard

gameowl

I understand everybodies frustration completely with CloneBD. I bought the software in the first week this year in January when it had first come out with the first version release. I bought a lifetime licesens and paid a pretty penny for it. The software for a very long time wouldn't even start the transcoding engine for me. Then an update later on came out, problem fixed. Updated again to the newest version, transcoder engine wouldn't start. So I sent my error log files right to Elaborate Bytes instead of complaining on the fourms which gets nothing fixed but just has you vent your frustration. on Feburary 26th 2014, CloneBD support e-mailed me and said my problem is solved with the new release available for download with version 1.0.3.2. I downloaded it right away, installed it, and guess what my problem was fixed finally. Now when I rip bluray movies with my Pioneer BD-R 2209 16x bluray burner using AnyDVD HD I can use CloneBD with no transcoding start up errors (don't believe me ,read the 1.0.3.2) change logs it says it's fixed because I did the correct thing and worked with Elaborate Bytes. The problem is when the software developers feel it's ready they give it a public release and then so many people download and buy it and because now it's on a full internet user access scale, the errors will be more noticeable because more people are using the software to find errors. Send your CloneBD to Elaborate Bytes error log reporting e-mail.

Backup copied blurays looks aboustely beautiful with CloneBD. Flawless picture quality, and flawless audio quality every time. Also about Cinava. I've beat Cinavia now for over a year but with trade offs of course. Look up the software called DVD X Ranger (also transcodes and burns blurays), I've tested before and after with Cinavia security. The software works but it doesn't look as good in picture quality as CloneBD does, it removes the watermark from the audio stream and then repairs it the audio stream back (DVD X Ranger). Two downsides to this though is, 1. Each movie that has Cinavia has to be indivually supported with a 70MB to 125MB file range (right now 168 Cinavia blurays are supported for watermark removal) for each movie to download after you buy there sofware to remove the watermark for each movie they support with the file download. 2. When using there CinEX HD program to remove the watermarks, the trade off of Cinavia free discs is it only copies the main movie, no menus, features ect. The biggest downside is, if you do this and play a movie with a foreign langauge at certain points they speak that you can't interept you cannot get english subtitles to read what that language said.

In all said, give Elaborate Bytes some time, there working day and night I bet fixing errors, just look at there version updates over fifty fixes since first release in December 2014. There a good company, just like Slysoft is. Just gotta get things off to a good start which I have faith they will.

Last edited:
Can't even send Log files without Problems!

Error sending Clone BD Log file to Elby
The following problems occurred while processing your request:

SMTP:bugs@elby.ch - Invalid or malformed internet address. Please correct the address using the format user@providerexample.com

Your mail has not been sent. Please correct the problems listed and try again.

I have only been able to send log files in the latest Clone BD release. Now all of a sudden I keep getting this error. I have only been able to send about two log files since the initial release.
I'm glad it's working for you but since it first came out I have had about 75% failure rate!

Sometimes one problem is fixed then something else that used to work doesn't. I paid for the lifetime version, and I really want it to work but it is damn frustrating! I purchased Power DVD 14 Ultra and I am researching to buy an external Blu Ray drive so if it still doesn't work I will really be upset.

When you pay good money for something, that you can't get to work for months, you have the right to complain!

Just from my side, I am using the eval version and I can see it is for sure going the right way, but I have a lot of sympathy for the people who paid and are investing a lot of time and coasters in what's really still a beta phase if one is brutally honest. I can't help feeling that either the price should be upped for people like me who are waiting for a product that's finally meeting our needs, or else the "beta phase" people should get some kind of goodie.
Having written that, maybe I should buy now after all ;-)

I agree with Steve55

Just from my side, I am using the eval version and I can see it is for sure going the right way, but I have a lot of sympathy for the people who paid and are investing a lot of time and coasters in what's really still a beta phase if one is brutally honest. I can't help feeling that either the price should be upped for people like me who are waiting for a product that's finally meeting our needs, or else the "beta phase" people should get some kind of goodie.
Having written that, maybe I should buy now after all ;-)

I am glad that it is working for some but unhappy that it is not working for myself and others. Are we supposed feel don't worry and be happy? This process is expensive, very time consuming and extremely frustrating when it fails! I used to be able to process files to MP4 and MKV that worked but now the audio is out of synch. I still often have to use third party software to burn because the failure rate is so high! Those of us that paid, paid for Beta software. Even after all these years waiting for this product, many of us are still waiting for a product that works for us. There should be documentation so if there is anything we are doing wrong or missing this would be very helpful.

Instead of just criticizing the complainers, why don't the users who say it is working fine for them explain step by step what exactly they are doing or write some helpful guides..

I am glad that it is working for some but unhappy that it is not working for myself and others. Are we supposed feel don't worry and be happy? This process is expensive, very time consuming and extremely frustrating when it fails! I used to be able to process files to MP4 and MKV that worked but now the audio is out of synch. I still often have to use third party software to burn because the failure rate is so high! Those of us that paid, paid for Beta software. Even after all these years waiting for this product, many of us are still waiting for a product that works for us. There should be documentation so if there is anything we are doing wrong or missing this would be very helpful.

Instead of just criticizing the complainers, why don't the users who say it is working fine for them explain step by step what exactly they are doing or write some helpful guides..
You could start by using a BD-RE disc so it wont be expensive to try.

You could start by using a BD-RE disc so it wont be expensive to try.

Addon...I would say for those needing ISO burns to for now use IMGburn to burn your ISO back to matching size BD blank media. And til the kinks get worked out I will leave my BD iso movies alone til then and will give it another try later on.

Tried RE

I tried using a brand new LG BE-RE .3 tells me there's not enough room on the disk? yet what I'm trying to burn is only 23gb? Also I can't even make a usable ISO file. The audio tracks are no good missing audio popping only back round sounds etc. Video is beautiful but audio sucks!

If it's a new disc then you probably need to slow format the BD-RE without spare areas, this will then make the BD-RE the same size as a BD-R. Easiest way to do this is in Imgburn (just make sure you don't let it instal the extra junk)

Don't complain ? OK... but !

Hi everybody !
First of all, sorry for my English... I'm from Belgium.

I've to say that I'm a Slysoft fan, really ! CloneDVD is a wonderful program and that works perfectly, compressing nicely etc...

So I decided to buy CloneBD, because I was sure it would work as well as CloneDVD.

What a deception ! I paid a lot of money for the program and also paid lots of bluray 25gb that flew to the garbidge.

My answer to this forum is following : why does Slysoft sell a program that doesn't work for the moment ??
Why don't they ask customers to test CLoneBD for free before asking money ??

I know they are working hard to find a solution to make the program working well but this is not normal to sell it before it works.

Was you not aware about the free trial period before you decided to buy or not?

Well... This is probably a mistake but I had such a confidence in the softwares SLysoft offers that I even did not had the idea to first use the trial version.
Mea culpa for this probably but in any case it does not give SLysoft the right to sell not working softwares...
This is my meaning and I share it ;)

Nice attitude, but it's still inexcusable

It's nice to be kind to the creators of cloneBD, but it's still not right to put on the market something that 99% of users can't make work. You should wait til something works til you start to collect money. Free trial periods and beta periods aside, if it doesn't work, still don't put it out there for general use! If it's worthless, wait till it's worth something. There's only one other program that's being irresponsibly used in this way, and that's familytree by familysearch. Other than these 2, I've never seen such irresponsible use of worthless s/w! I've also been e-mailed by elby telling me they fixed my bug. Still broken. Two iterations later -- still broken.

Not sure where you get the figure of 99% of users not getting it to work? There are probably a large percentage of us who do have it working with just a few niggles such as no chapter markers and subtitles in MKV's.
As to there being only one other program being done in this way, then you obviously haven't been around much. I know of many programs that are released and don't work properly, and they limit the trial to 15-30 days and don't allow you to trial again without wiping Windows. Unless something has changed CloneBD is an ongoing trial which doesn't time out yet so you can continue to use the trial until they decide that the software is up and running properly and they then limit the trial again.

Mince words

Mince words. It's still wrong what they did. I've NEVER bought a single program wasn't at least 90% on cue. How do you think anyone could sell anything if nobody can get it to work. Haven't you read the comments since December about CloneBD? How many positive ones are there? The only positive thing I ever read in the comments was from people like you telling us to wait it out and it would work sooner or later. For me at least, later. I paid $100 USD and still have nothing to show for it. I hope you get my point this time.

I've never said 'wait it out'.
You could have just used the trial version instead of paying for it, that was entirely down to you on whether to try it first or pay for it, and again you say 'nobody can get it to work' which is clearly wrong as many of us have it working just fine. There are many others on here who are saying they have it working, and for my part I've run hundreds of films through it and they all work fine in full disc mode or 'movie only' Blu-ray mode. For the most part MP4's work with an occasional film not working and MKV's seem fine to except for the missing subtitles and chapter markers.
There are even people on here who had issue with the earlier versions but who now have it working for them.

Also looking back through your older posts you claim to have already had a refund for the software so I don't see how you can be making the claim about having paid for it if you got your money back
The simple cure is to get a refund (like I just did) and not worry about anything. ....

Last edited:
I agree every one behind this project is working hard, and frankly (this is just my opinion) complaining here on this forum may allow us to vent but it does not solve any problems really. I purchased the program the next day after it was announced just like many people did. I did so because I wanted it and believed in the people behind it so it was NOT really a problem if it did not work just yet. I never complained about purchasing it and it not working. The way I saw it was like this. If I purchased it and it did not work right out of the gate, or if I waiting and purchased it after all the bugs were worked out, in the end, I knew I was going to have a working program .... who cares when it was purchased ...before or after.

It did not work for me many times. the program would not burn my discs, now I am not a genius but I can do simple deductions and figure out it was the program and NOT my discs. The several times I mentioned it here in these forums, all I got was a sense of belittlement. Not so much in what was said, but again, I ain't no genius but I can certainly read the intent behind the words and all responses to my inquiries was that I must be some sort of newbie or something (even though I have worked with computers sine 1984 and have a computer programing degree) not that that matters much in this discussion. What matters is that every forum I have ever visited and read, the regular posters always seem to hide behind the made up names and attempt to make most questions seem trivial and make the poster feel quite small. These Slysoft forums are SOMEWHAT BETTER, but its is still here, hiding just under the surface.

So, after the extremely cold shoulder and all responses tried to convince me it was my blank discs (why I do not know) I just decided no one here really wants to have enlightened conversations on the matter, I did what I should have done from the start, started emailing my logs to Elby and forgo this forum...deal directly with the people that were actually working on the program, let then know exactly what MY PROBLEMS were. It paid off, my last several attempts have worked just fine and I was able to succeed and create a couple of backups that actually worked in my player. Come to find out it was not my discs after all.....go figure.

Point is, get your logs to Elby, the programmers are working hard to fix these problems and I think you will be happy you did. If they do not know what your problem is, they can not create a solution.

Last edited:
Stop conplaining about Elaborate Bytes

Point is, get your logs to Elby, the programmers are working hard to fix these problems and I think you will be happy you did. If they do not know what your problem is, they can not create a solution.[/QUOTE]

Right on Diverjones. The sentiment you describe and the circumstances you describe are virtually the same as I found myself when CloneBD was released. However the quote I have highlighted is what really concerns me because Slysoft has a policy of providing support for CloneBD only to those who purchase the product from Slysoft so I assume SlySoft is supporting those who downloasded the trial version via the Slysoft website. It is going to be a public relations disaster if all those people who have purchased SlySoft are denied support when the trial period ends. I hope Slysoft changes its attitude soon.

Back