• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple

Steve Jobs returning to Apple was absolutely crucial to it surviving. Jobs had the vision and desire to crush everyone in his path. Apple is now battling with Exxon to be the world's most valuable company. Even with all the value and insanely large war chest they attack any competitor that comes within a million miles of them. Thus far it is working but one of these days Apple will get a rude awakening.

Steve Jobs becoming ill a few years back demonstrated how reliant Apple was on him. The second there was a hint of a problem the stock prices showed it. The confidence in Apple was all directly connected to Jobs. Apple is currently in great financial shape with record quarter profits a number of quarters in a row. Given the world economy over the last few years this says a lot. IMHO now was the right time for Steve Jobs to try to quietly leave the stage when things were going great for the company. When I say quiet we all know that's impossible but this was the least dramatic way to do it. Now he can spend more time with his family and focus on any further health matters/treatment without having to hide things.

Steve Jobs returning to Apple was absolutely crucial to it surviving. Jobs had the vision and desire to crush everyone in his path. Apple is now battling with Exxon to be the world's most valuable company. Even with all the value and insanely large war chest they attack any competitor that comes within a million miles of them. Thus far it is working but one of these days Apple will get a rude awakening.

Steve Jobs becoming ill a few years back demonstrated how reliant Apple was on him. The second there was a hint of a problem the stock prices showed it. The confidence in Apple was all directly connected to Jobs. Apple is currently in great financial shape with record quarter profits a number of quarters in a row. Given the world economy over the last few years this says a lot. IMHO now was the right time for Steve Jobs to try to quietly leave the stage when things were going great for the company. When I say quiet we all know that's impossible but this was the least dramatic way to do it. Now he can spend more time with his family and focus on any further health matters/treatment without having to hide things.

Yeah, Drink, he had the issues with his health that led to the liver transplant 2 years ago. I'm like you in wondering how Apple will stay in its currently vibrant 'the company people want to work for, the products people 'want to buy' mode now that Jobs has stepped down.

It will be interesting, to say the least, what will happen in the next few years.

Last edited:
Heck, I don't wish for Apples demise just as much as I have a love and hate relation using M$ software and O/S. But I for myself don't wish for Apple to be tossed out like the kitchen sink though. There should always be options for people as well to use whatever O/S they like to use. I think Apple regardless if Jobs is there or not will continue to bring products to the market maybe not as fast as Jobs would bring it when he was at the helm but never-less there will be products that Apple is good at bringing to the market. So I don't wish for them to be disbanded unless the share holders choose so then at that point then it will be finished but I highly doubt the share holders are that short sighted in their thinking. So I would say keep going Apple even thought I use M$ at least M$ has a competitor to force them to keep innovating as well so the rest of use end users will have good products. So for those wishing for it's downfall remember every thing has a round about and will affect others as well. So what goes around will come around.

Look the truth is that that they needed Steve Jobs at one point, I am really sorry he is sick, and I wish him the best but Apple with Tim Cook at the helm is just as good as Steve Jobs there. They are a quality company, and everything they do impacts our lives in one way or another, I dont know one person that doesnt own an Apple product. Between all the IPODs, I pads, and Iphones, I must have a fortune tied up in there stuff.

Look the truth is that that they needed Steve Jobs at one point, I am really sorry he is sick, and I wish him the best but Apple with Tim Cook at the helm is just as good as Steve Jobs there. They are a quality company, and everything they do impacts our lives in one way or another, I dont know one person that doesnt own an Apple product. Between all the IPODs, I pads, and Iphones, I must have a fortune tied up in there stuff.

I'm seriously looking at getting an iPad within a month or so. One of my co-workers at work has the iPad (1st Generation) and it is sweet!!

Heck, I don't wish for Apples demise just as much as I have a love and hate relation using M$ software and O/S. But I for myself don't wish for Apple to be tossed out like the kitchen sink though. There should always be options for people as well to use whatever O/S they like to use. I think Apple regardless if Jobs is there or not will continue to bring products to the market maybe not as fast as Jobs would bring it when he was at the helm but never-less there will be products that Apple is good at bringing to the market. So I don't wish for them to be disbanded unless the share holders choose so then at that point then it will be finished but I highly doubt the share holders are that short sighted in their thinking. So I would say keep going Apple even thought I use M$ at least M$ has a competitor to force them to keep innovating as well so the rest of use end users will have good products. So for those wishing for it's downfall remember every thing has a round about and will affect others as well. So what goes around will come around.

Like I've just posted in response to SlyFox1's post, I'm probably going to get an iPad. I've always liked Apple's products, but the cost always prevented me from getting their PCs or laptops unlike getting the ones that has MS installed on them.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I wish Steve Jobs the very best, and his successor to be at worst half as creative as Jobs was in coming up with ways to keep Apple in the forefront of products that people want.

I don't really agree on this one. First off, I need to give credit where credit is due. Steve Jobs is a visionary and he did innovate. There is an important man who doesn't get talked about enough, however. I'm talking about Jonathan Ive. Ive took Jobs' vision and turned them into physical objects that are truly elegant in their design. The combination of these two men really did change things. Tim Cook is not a visionary. He is a guy who is good at running a company but he lacks the vision that Jobs has and the ability to effectively hypnotize people. With Cook at the reins the company will keep on moving but it won't be the same just as Microsoft isn't the same with Steve Ballmer running the show.

I'm an Apple shareholder and I see the positiveness of what has been done but I also happen to be a person who detests Apple for many reasons that I won't even begin to go into here. Btw, SlyFox 1, I don't own a single Apple product. :p Seriously. I don't feel Apple is continuing to innovate, to be honest. Right now I believe the company has plateaued. The iPod evolved into the iPhone and then we had the bigger iPad. In a sense they are very similar in nature but just more targeted at a specific type of use. Still effectively the same and now all 3 devices run on iOS.

At present Apple is coasting along with the iPhone and iPod and selling apps, music, and videos through iTunes. A lot of their money comes from this. So, they've created a nice cozy and closed ecosystem. It is working for now because no one else has yet released a device that can match the iPad but once someone does and has the infrastructure to support it by for selling e-books, apps, and other media (ie Amazon) then Apple may find itself fighting to be number one.

Anyway, getting back to original point and discussion, it was the right time for Steve Jobs to step down as CEO. He'll still be with the company and for the foreseeable future he is Chairman of the Board. As he steps back into the shadows he can still play a part in Apple trying to continue to innovate but he will also be able to handle his health issues without needing to worry about taking a leave of absence from being the CEO will cause the stock value to plummet. It is a great thing when the guy running the company has the charisma that Jobs has. Losing that is a pity even if Tim Cook is a solid businessman and perfectly suited to be a CEO. It just won't be the same. It can't be the same. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:
Back