• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Starting with UHD backup

ptolomeus3

Hi there,
I do have a life time licence of AnyDVD HD and CloneBD. Using CloneBD to backup to MKV on HD.
I backed up sucessfully my discs, until now, with my LG portable super multi blue rewriter (2011), but I am switching to UHD now.
Purchased my first pack of UHD discs recently (Harry Potter 4K Ultra-HD Complete Collection), other are following (LOTR, etc. ...).
Now, I did read that it may be difficult to back up UHD, so my question is, what do I need to backup sucessfully, i.e. which external 4K reader do I need to buy so that I can backup my new UHD collection in conjunction with AnyDVD HD and CloneBD?
Thank you.

I use the Asus 16DH1HT, it is an internal drive, but you can also use it externally with an enclosure.
You can now also use Pioneer drives, like the slim drive I have:
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MTP9VKX/
Yes, it says Verbatim, but has a Pioneer drive inside.

If you want to use the Pioneer drive and/ or if you want to avoid flashing the Asus, you just have to install MakeMKV. Then AnyDVD uses that to circumvent the Bus Protection.

Hi there,
I do have a life time licence of AnyDVD HD and CloneBD. Using CloneBD to backup to MKV on HD.
I backed up sucessfully my discs, until now, with my LG portable super multi blue rewriter (2011), but I am switching to UHD now.
Purchased my first pack of UHD discs recently (Harry Potter 4K Ultra-HD Complete Collection), other are following (LOTR, etc. ...).
Now, I did read that it may be difficult to back up UHD, so my question is, what do I need to backup sucessfully, i.e. which external 4K reader do I need to buy so that I can backup my new UHD collection in conjunction with AnyDVD HD and CloneBD?
Thank you.
Check the list of drives here:

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634

The sellers over there recommend the LG BU40 or the Pioneers (which are more expensive).

Using the Pioneer (or Verbatim with Pioneer inside) drives, do I have to use / install MakeMKV or can I just use AnyDVD UD + CloneBD to backup?
If you want to use a Pioneer Drive or don't want to flash the Asus, you have to install MakeMKV. Otherwise AnyDVD cannot decrypt the disc.
But you don't have to open anything or do extra steps. Once you have it installed, AnyDVD will take care of everything. You can see that in the Status dialog when it has been used:
BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!

If you want to use a Pioneer Drive or don't want to flash the Asus, you have to install MakeMKV. Otherwise AnyDVD cannot decrypt the disc.
But you don't have to open anything or do extra steps. Once you have it installed, AnyDVD will take care of everything. You can see that in the Status dialog when it has been used:
Thank you for your kind answer.
So with AnyDVD + MakeMKV + CloneBD together with one of those Pioneer drives, I´m good to go. Nice!
Thank you very much.

I use the Asus 16DH1HT, it is an internal drive, but you can also use it externally with an enclosure.
You can now also use Pioneer drives, like the slim drive I have:
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MTP9VKX/
Yes, it says Verbatim, but has a Pioneer drive inside.

If you want to use the Pioneer drive and/ or if you want to avoid flashing the Asus, you just have to install MakeMKV. Then AnyDVD uses that to circumvent the Bus Protection.
I ordered that drive and hope testing it this coming weekend with my new 4K dics.

I ordered that drive and hope testing it this coming weekend with my new 4K dics.
I hope for you that there's a Pioneer inside. I didn't recommend Verbatim and I think "Verbatim" is risky w/o mentioning a specific model. Otherwise just return it.

I hope for you that there's a Pioneer inside. I didn't recommend Verbatim and I think "Verbatim" is risky w/o mentioning a specific model. Otherwise just return it.
It is the model I ordered, from my purchase history. So unless they use random models to put inside their branding, it should be the same.

It is the model I ordered, from my purchase history. So unless they use random models to put inside their branding, it should be the same.
I just say that this is NOT safe there is a Pioneer drive inside. Hopefully it is. Such sellers just use drives that they can get their hands on.

here I am with the logfile from MakeMKV:

Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: \Device\CdRom1
Aktuelles Profil: BD-ROM
Produzent: PIONEER
Produkt: BD-RW BDR-UD04
Revision: 1.14
Serienummer: AGDL084260WL
Firmware-Datum: 2020-06-15
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 1B
Highest AACS version: 61

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8A10
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-US04
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.14
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disk-Informationen
Label: HARRY_POTTER_PHILOSOPHER_STONE
Zeitstempel: 2017-10-04 21:14:26
Schutz: AACS2.0/C v61
Datenkapazität: 86.85 Gb
Disk-Typ: BD-ROM UHD
Anzahl der Layer: 3
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 80

Here the Loginfo from AnyDVD HD:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-UD04 1.14
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 45536384 sectors (88938 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: HARRY_POTTER_PHILOSOPHER_STONE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
couldn't retrieve AGID!
Ihre Anfrage kann im Moment nicht bearbeitet werden. Bitte versuchen Sie es später nochmal!
FEHLER bei der Bearbeitung der Blu-ray Disc!

So I´m unable to make a backup at this moment, I´m looking into it what is going wrong. Any clues?

Everything is fine. Seems the key for this UHD is not yet supported by AnyDVD. Please use the scanner to report it.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/list-of-uhds-currently-un-supported-in-anydvd.76597/
Thank you. I scanned the disc, but where did it put the report? I checked my profile but cannot find the report... Anyway, I copied it:

Code:
Title:   Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
LABEL:   HARRY_POTTER_PHILOSOPHER_STONE
OPD:   BD_e105f50c1779
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
nvOlGecmUqlzw5eCR1/NqKFAzhklMG4XqXa0g3Cbp4gPpwTuha1nOTscCIfMmJRZJfpMTOMpn80vL8xDCEr29Sz1wY9jrBdtLpVnH7uKjRhQ2FZLNHrvOO1/i/EuEsbqfwlbkdBOlgk2/PdbcIRtOXVPBF0vSFMpDwStm/OmPgucc2WefKPnNuiE/+KFm+10/RFHOKTFQL6etPpGpz0sq+BP1zHrjW6t6BW2t4kRhlf1AI2b0EusTo/ytJfhLC+NNZ0UBb793PK+EDvhfbI/lUjjIP0w6mU2EIBqXl0xf1vMw4+/0bNXT/3Cc+VdxAz6
[/REPORT]
-----

Interesting, backup of the Harry Potter 4K-UHD disc is not possible, because unsuported by AnyDVD.
Received the next 4K-UHD set (5 movie collection with Daniel Craig, 007), back with AnyDVD + MakeMKV (LibreDrive) + CloneBD to HDD, not possible due to read errors. Tried backup with AnyDVD + MakeMKV to HDD, not possible due to read errors.
Tried both ways a number of time, each one aborting with read errors on different number (32%, 66%, 91%, then 12%).
I changed strategy and used AnyDVD to copy the disc => HDD (92 GB), then used CloneDVD and converted to MKV (HDD => HDD), just main movie. That produced a backup (MKV) without read errors with 65,1 GB MKV file!

Interesting, backup of the Harry Potter 4K-UHD disc is not possible, because unsuported by AnyDVD.
Received the next 4K-UHD set (5 movie collection with Daniel Craig, 007), back with AnyDVD + MakeMKV (LibreDrive) + CloneBD to HDD, not possible due to read errors. Tried backup with AnyDVD + MakeMKV to HDD, not possible due to read errors.
Tried both ways a number of time, each one aborting with read errors on different number (32%, 66%, 91%, then 12%).
I changed strategy and used AnyDVD to copy the disc => HDD (92 GB), then used CloneDVD and converted to MKV (HDD => HDD), just main movie. That produced a backup (MKV) without read errors with 65,1 GB MKV file!
That's weird! Maybe the drive doesn't get enough power. Try another USB 3.0 port or use an active hub with it's own power supply. Try again!

I tried it again without changing anyhing, except using only MakeMVK (no AnyDVD HD). Ripped the BR to HDD and then, again with MakeMKV made a backup in MKV. Worked.
Tried to backup from the HDD with CloneBD, not working. Got AnyDVD HD on, trying again from HDD => CloneBD => MKV file. Not workin. CloneBD always says it cannot read the data as it is stil copy protected. So backup of Harry Potter 4K with MakeMKV without AnyDVD HD seems to work, with or without AnyDVD HD + CloneBD doesn´t. :rockingchair:

I tried it again without changing anyhing, except using only MakeMVK (no AnyDVD HD). Ripped the BR to HDD and then, again with MakeMKV made a backup in MKV. Worked.
Tried to backup from the HDD with CloneBD, not working. Got AnyDVD HD on, trying again from HDD => CloneBD => MKV file. Not workin. CloneBD always says it cannot read the data as it is stil copy protected. So backup of Harry Potter 4K with MakeMKV without AnyDVD HD seems to work, with or without AnyDVD HD + CloneBD doesn´t. :rockingchair:

Since AnyDVD cannot decrypt this disc you can only rip it with Makemkv to folder. Then you can use CloneBD on this folder.

Since AnyDVD cannot decrypt this disc you can only rip it with Makemkv to folder. Then you can use CloneBD on this folder.
I tested CloneBD, using it to convert from the folder made by MakeMKV to a MKV file, but it didn´t go (cannot read the file as it is still copy protected). Therefore I had to use MakeMKV again to convert the BluRay folder into a MKV folder.

Back