• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Starting a download from AP makes AS completely close down

zschuenke

Every time I start a download from AP, before the download actually begins, AS just closes down. Log file attatched. Also here's a quick loom video to show what happens:
Code:
https://www.loom.com/share/dca6099c28f24f6784eeb26c3a09a099?sid=97cdd670-337a-4334-a23c-139328cd8292

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.3.0.astlog
    224 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
The only provider I can see is Amazon Prime and for some odd reason it's blocking you from downloading, do you have an Amazon Prime membership, even if you don't as I understand you should be able to download pay-for movies and channels. Have you ever been successful in downloading from APV? I do not click on outside links. But I can envision the program shutting down. Something on your computer is blocking the download. Seeing that no one else has reported this and I cannot reproduce it, I would look to any programs that you have added since your last successful download from Prime. Try turning off your A/V for a moment to see if that is the issue. If you are using a proxy or a VPN shut that down, they block IPs.

The only provider I can see is Amazon Prime and for some odd reason it's blocking you from downloading, do you have an Amazon Prime membership, even if you don't as I understand you should be able to download pay-for movies and channels. Have you ever been successful in downloading from APV? I do not click on outside links. But I can envision the program shutting down. Something on your computer is blocking the download. Seeing that no one else has reported this and I cannot reproduce it, I would look to any programs that you have added since your last successful download from Prime. Try turning off your A/V for a moment to see if that is the issue. If you are using a proxy or a VPN shut that down, they block IPs.
ok thank you. Yes I do have amazon prime and yes I used to be able to download form apv. I will play around with removing the provider and maybe even logging out and logging in kind of thing and see if it gets sorted.

Using anystream 1.6.4.0 with application verifier and get "The SRW Lock is already initialized" errors in cefproc.exe when using Prime.

Additional information from Microsoft on that error:

This stop is generated if the SRW lock (Param1) is being re-initialized. If the SRW lock is being actively used by other threads, re-initializing the lock will result in unpredictable behavior by the application including hangs and crashes. The initialization stack trace may show an acquire if the SRW lock was statically initialized. $ kb - to get the current stack trace. This is where the SRW lock is being re-initialized. $ dps Param3 - to get the SRW lock initialization stack trace. This stack trace may show an acquire if the lock was statically initialized.

Source:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...application-verifier-stop-codes-miscellaneous

If you haven't added additional logging on your thread handling already you may want to do that.

Using anystream 1.6.4.0 with application verifier and get "The SRW Lock is already initialized" errors in cefproc.exe when using Prime.

Additional information from Microsoft on that error:

This stop is generated if the SRW lock (Param1) is being re-initialized. If the SRW lock is being actively used by other threads, re-initializing the lock will result in unpredictable behavior by the application including hangs and crashes. The initialization stack trace may show an acquire if the SRW lock was statically initialized. $ kb - to get the current stack trace. This is where the SRW lock is being re-initialized. $ dps Param3 - to get the SRW lock initialization stack trace. This stack trace may show an acquire if the lock was statically initialized.

Source:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...application-verifier-stop-codes-miscellaneous

If you haven't added additional logging on your thread handling already you may want to do that.
Yah so i'm not any kind of coder or developer or anything, so I have no idea what you're saying lol. But it sounds like the SRW Lock needs to be static, how do I do that?

I've been doing some testing on my end and found some interesting results.
First I logged out of AP and then closed the provider. Then I closed AS and re-added AP as a provider. Then re-logged in. After all that I was getting the same result.

I started looking into what program I had that might be blocking it, but ultimately I couldn't find anything. I only use windows defender for my pc and it doesn't matter if that's on or off I still get the same result with AS/AP.

I then tried downloading a movie instead of a show -- and it worked.

So then I started to download the same show (jack ryan s3), but instead of "download all" and then "skip existing files" (I already have 3 episodes downloaded), I just clicked download on e4 and it worked.

So what I'm still looking to test is if its the "download all" function or if it's the combo of "download all" and then "skip existing files". Also I want to try with other shows to see if I can recreate the issue with anything.

Still testing things out

Yah so i'm not any kind of coder or developer or anything....

Exactly. What I'm trying to say is that it isn't much you can do, this has to be taken action by devs/support. What you can do is exactly what you are doing, trying to find out exactly what you do to trigger it. I have tried to mention that these bugs can be found with Microsofts Application Verifier and how to use it and now I also mentioned that they can add additional info in the log file to try to locate it, but I haven't received any reactions at all so far. So the message wasn't intended for you to take action on.

Hopefully they try to troubleshoot this with you and fix it.

Exactly. What I'm trying to say is that it isn't much you can do, this has to be taken action by devs/support. What you can do is exactly what you are doing, trying to find out exactly what you do to trigger it. I have tried to mention that these bugs can be found with Microsofts Application Verifier and how to use it and now I also mentioned that they can add additional info in the log file to try to locate it, but I haven't received any reactions at all so far. So the message wasn't intended for you to take action on.

Hopefully they try to troubleshoot this with you and fix it.
I feel pretty confident the devs at Redfox can handle their business and after years of using their products I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

I was also a month ago when I brought up Application Verifier. This time they will have something to deal with those bugs. Now I'm not that sure.

Back