• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Spiderman No Way Home Copy Error

Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

I don't know what to tell you. I tried two different discs from two different Redbox machines (I said Netflix in my previous message). Neither one appeared scratched up and both of them are relatively new discs since the movie just came out to the Redbox machines in the past week or so. I used cleaner and wiped them off when the error initially showed up. I've used the same DVD reader very recently (before and between and after trying both the SNWH discs) for multiple other discs and haven't had problems. For them to both stop at exactly the same place seems unusual to say the least and suggests a software issue to me. Unless my reader is older and uniquely incapable of reading this particular disc.

just because they LOOK fine, doesn't mean they are. The human eye can't see microscopic defects that can be problematic for ripping. A drive laser can. Nor is it very uncommon for a user to get multiple faulty discs in a row. Retail discs are PRESSED in batches, not burned. All it takes is 1 spec of dust on the disc press and you have a couple thousand discs with a defect in the same spot. There's plenty reports on the forum about people needing to exchange multiple times in order to finally get a working rip. It helps not going to the same place to get a new disc. Going to the same place increases the chance of getting a copy out of the same faulty batch.

just because they LOOK fine, doesn't mean they are. The human eye can't see microscopic defects that can be problematic for ripping. A drive laser can. Nor is it very uncommon for a user to get multiple faulty discs in a row. Retail discs are PRESSED in batches, not burned. All it takes is 1 spec of dust on the disc press and you have a couple thousand discs with a defect in the same spot. There's plenty reports on the forum about people needing to exchange multiple times in order to finally get a working rip. It helps not going to the same place to get a new disc. Going to the same place increases the chance of getting a copy out of the same faulty batch.

Cool story. I'm just saying I've NEVER had this problem before. I've NEVER posted on here before, and I've used AnyDVD for going on at least 10-15 YEARS and NEVER had this problem. I'm a BIG FAN of the software. I don't understand why YOU'RE so BUTT HURT and REACTIVE and feel the need to use ALL CAPS in your response about my one post. Just relax and let the Red Fox people deal with it.

Cool story. I'm just saying I've NEVER had this problem before. I've NEVER posted on here before, and I've used AnyDVD for going on at least 10-15 YEARS and NEVER had this problem. I'm a BIG FAN of the software. I don't understand why YOU'RE so BUTT HURT and REACTIVE and feel the need to use ALL CAPS in your response about my one post. Just relax and let the Red Fox people deal with it.
Please cool down. Ch3vr0n provided good and true information.

Well, if you're inclined to do so, you could get a USB DVD drive and attempt to read it that way. You would rule out the drive in this case and the problem would be the disc. Whether that's a defective disc or some kind of protection placed on Redbox releases but not other R1 releases would still be up for debate. While this won't work for any actual structural protection, you could download the free software DVDShrink and without AnyDVD running have it attempt to decrypt the disc. The R1 disc I experimented on had no structural protection and decrypted fine with AnyDVD. But, mine was a retail and not a RedBox disc. If DVDShrink succeeds, which it most likely won't, it's AnyDVD, which is unlikely to be the problem here. If it fails, that means it's disc, but it doesn't rule out some kind of protection on them. However, I would highly doubt it.

Please cool down. Ch3vr0n provided good and true information.
Well, if you're inclined to do so, you could get a USB DVD drive and attempt to read it that way. You would rule out the drive in this case and the problem would be the disc. Whether that's a defective disc or some kind of protection placed on Redbox releases but not other R1 releases would still be up for debate. While this won't work for any actual structural protection, you could download the free software DVDShrink and without AnyDVD running have it attempt to decrypt the disc. The R1 disc I experimented on had no structural protection and decrypted fine with AnyDVD. But, mine was a retail and not a RedBox disc. If DVDShrink succeeds, which it most likely won't, it's AnyDVD, which is unlikely to be the problem here. If it fails, that means it's disc, but it doesn't rule out some kind of protection on them. However, I would highly doubt it.

Thanks. This is actually a helpful response. I'm wondering the same thing about the Redbox disc version. Maybe @Ch3vr0n up above is right about a defective production process, but his response came across as douchebaggy. These forums are full of people who ... let's just say it comes across as a strange subculture of dudes who are extremely defensive of the software (as I said before, I've been using for over a decade and this is the first issue I've ever had, which is why it seemed so strange to me) and they seem to get offended if anyone critiques it, and angry that some of us haven't poured through every post in the entire forum about issues that arise (trust me guys, I have a life outside of the RedFox world). Anyway, I may just try to get it from another non-Redbox source. I wonder whether the person who originally posted on this thread and had almost the exact same issue (DVD stopped at around 50%) also tried to rip a Redbox version. Thanks again.

James is "the Redfox people" as he is the developer. I would think if he says it is a defective disc, he would probably know, don't you think?

Sure. But it's also possible he could be wrong. Maybe just this once. Or maybe not. But my situation seemed unusual to me since I've been using AnyDVD for over a decade and never had this problem before. I've gotten disc copies in the past that were mucked up a bit and didn't initially work, but when I got a different copy from another source, it worked. These were both fairly new discs, no obvious blemishes, etc. Yes, maybe Ch3vr0n is right about the Redbox production process, but he was kind of douchebag in his reponse. You guys on this forum need to relax a bit. Not all of us who use and are fans of the program sit around scouring the forums trying to troll the NOOBS who don't know about every single issue that has come up. I've noticed the same attitude on other forums that I've perused on rare occasions in the past. Geez.

There's a reason on why the LOOKS fine was in caps, and is now. Merely to emphasize on the looking part, no more no less. Your looking and reading way more things into it that what I actually said. Yes I'm a big fan, but that's irrelevant to the issue at hand. Just because it looks fine, doesn't mean it is.

That's not my personal statement, that's plain empirical evidence based on years of posts on this forum but thousands of users. That's it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sure. But it's also possible he could be wrong. Maybe just this once. Or maybe not. But my situation seemed unusual to me since I've been using AnyDVD for over a decade and never had this problem before. I've gotten disc copies in the past that were mucked up a bit and didn't initially work, but when I got a different copy from another source, it worked. These were both fairly new discs, no obvious blemishes, etc. Yes, maybe Ch3vr0n is right about the Redbox production process, but he was kind of douchebag in his reponse. You guys on this forum need to relax a bit. Not all of us who use and are fans of the program sit around scouring the forums trying to troll the NOOBS who don't know about every single issue that has come up. I've noticed the same attitude on other forums that I've perused on rare occasions in the past. Geez.
Why are you so fired up? In this forum we like to help people and that's what we do. I really don't understand your emotinal post. Let's get a new start.

There's a reason on why the LOOKS fine was in caps, and is now. Merely to emphasize on the looking part, no more no less. Your looking and reading way more things into it that what I actually said. Yes I'm a big fan, but that's irrelevant to the issue at hand. Just because it looks fine, doesn't mean it is.

That's not my personal statement, that's plain empirical evidence based on years of posts on this forum but thousands of users. That's it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The "big fan" part was a reference to myself, not you. It was relevant in that I'm not trying to gratuitously dump on the program, I was just baffled as to why two different newish copies failed at the same point, and the first guy to post had almost the exact same problem of the rip stopping around 50%.

If I misread your tone, I apologize. The multiple all caps words triggered me and put me in a defensive mindset, I guess. My bad. James just saying "it's a defective disc" (and a couple of others who said the same thing) wasn't necessarily all that helpful for someone like me who is never on these forums. Even a link to a previous forum where disc production flaws would have been helpful. I actually read your first post in this thread and followed your recs and opened the link you posted, and I actually went and got the log file, so it's not like I wouldn't have followed a thread that discussed production errors.

Alright. We are back to a non-emotional discussion. DVDisaster would be an option to read this problematic disc. If you have it for a day or two. And success is not guaranteed. Write a PM for instructions.

Well, there is one good way one can rule out AnyDVD being a possible vector for problems: install a competing product and attempt to decrypt with it. If that competitor works, then you know the problem is AnyDVD. However, I DON'T recommend it. You'd probably have to pay for a license for the competitor simply to prove if it's AnyDVD's fault. And I would have to say it most likely isn't. Could be, of course, but probably not likely.

Also, have you tried a playback test on a DVD player? That would help to find out if the problem is a bad disc or not. Put the disc in and play all playable contents at a decent enough speed to scan through the disc. On the PS3, I use 10x. However, not all DVD players or playback software use numbered fast forward speeds. Some are just incremental marks. If the player stops playing at around 50%, where the problems seem to be, then you know it's the disc that is bad and not a protection scheme.

Regarding Spider-Man if I’m using the trial software do I need to be connected to the internet in order to Rip & Burn or one of the other. Thanks

I wouldn't think you'd need Internet connection for anything except installing a trial license. After that, I don't think any Internet connections are made except for checking for new versions of the software. I forget if there's still an online database, though. If there is, yes, you'd need an Internet connection to decrypt any structurally protected discs that require accessing the online database. I forget if there's a local copy installed by the installer or not. At one point, years ago, there was an online database, but I don't know if it's still present or not.

Regarding Spider-Man if I’m using the trial software do I need to be connected to the internet in order to Rip & Burn or one of the other. Thanks
You do not need access to the internet for a DVD.

Back