• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Source Code

and again, no log = NO HELP

I'm having the exact same issue 3% processed FileIO 3 VTS_02_1.VOB 8491008 319488.

You want help of course. We need information. ;)

FILEIO3 normally indicates a permanent READ error. :(

1. do not confuse playing w/ reading. :disagree:

2. you are out of range of my crystal ball

3. "me too, me too" posts will not get any help w/o a log

4. Did you do this....?

First, be sure your firmware is up to date:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48949&page=3

Second, be sure if you are using the latest beta for AnyDVD:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48895

and if you are not using CloneDVD:

This is the business-as-usual scenario when you use such programs, to mean you'll need to use the "rip video...." option on the right mouse menu on the AnyDVD tray fox and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

Ok I have latest frimware for my burner and I installed the beta for AnyDvd. I am still getting the same error at 3%.
Here is a log file:

Summary for drive L: (AnyDVD 6.8.4.2)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS50 XP02 0102261000AB781322
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4162864 sectors (8130 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SOURCE_CODE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Thanks, Paul

Yanno.... I'm starting to think that there might be 2 versions of Source Code.

Paul... can you please read the stickies and learn how to attach a real Logfile?

-W

Yanno.... I'm starting to think that there might be 2 versions of Source Code.

Paul... can you please read the stickies and learn how to attach a real Logfile?

-W

I wouldn't rule it out.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=317329&postcount=25

That problem was resolved. Look specifically at the size of the disc and the number of sectors in the status log. Now compare that to the status info posted here. They differ with this disc having more sectors. Then again two different versions of AnyDVD were used so it might be related to some difference. Only a developer would know.

I grabbed this movie to watch on Blu-Ray so I have no experience with the DVD release.

@ Paul, while at it get rid of you e-mail address as a user name it just invite and open door for spam to your mail address.

Canadian version

I think the problem on the Canadian version of this dvd is that there are three versions of the movie on the disk causing I believe the error. I unchecked two of the versions and left the 93 minute version after verifying film length on the web. It is now ripping at 57% and will let you know how backup turned out.

Aureo69

And then the version 6.8.5.0 came out and everything was fine.

No more "It's your drive firmware" or "your drive is too old" or "your dvd is of poor quality" or "bla bla bla".

That's why I never post. It was my first and last time, Goodbye!"

We had a bug in some of the latest versions, especially betas, that would cause a few DVDs to fail. That is fixed with 6.8.5.0 for good.

I have to agree: sometimes people here do conclude way to quickly, that a DVD/drive must be bad. You can only do that rather reliably with Blu-ray discs. With DVDs it's a much more complicated matter, because you can't really tell the difference between really bad sectors and a copy protection that comes with those glorious ... bad sectors.

And then the version 6.8.5.0 came out and everything was fine.

No more "It's your drive firmware" or "your drive is too old" or "your dvd is of poor quality" or "bla bla bla".

That's why I never post. It was my first and last time, Goodbye!"
Reading back, no one actually said it was any of those issues, they said it might be or probably was one of those issues but no one said it was definitely one of those (especially the drive to old). Until you start to get other people with the same issue on a disc it's the first things to check as most of the time it does turn out to be one of those.

Back