• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony accros/Clonedvd2/Shrink/transcodes/encoders

No offence to anyone here but I dont see the point in complaining when someone is using a free program that is no longer updated and runs into problem(s). I personaly prefer to use a program(s) that is updated to keep up with newer movies and I am willing to pay for that ease of use, convenience and doesnt take up to much of my time. Its like that old saying, you get what you pay for. No program is perfect especialy ones that are no longer updated. Just my opinion.

It's because the "free program" isn't the primary culprit here. And did you know that CloneDVD2 (for example) hasn't been updated since well before SAW3 released? Updates of the end program are not the key issue.

The problem has very little to do with end program (free or otherwise), the problem is the amount of Sony crap getting passed into it to begin with.

-W

Last edited:
It's because the "free program" isn't the primary culprit here. And did you know that CloneDVD2 (for example) hasn't been updated since well before SAW3 released? Updates of the end program are not the key issue.

The problem has very little to do with end program (free or otherwise), the problem is the amount of Sony crap getting passed into it to begin with.

-W

Sony does like to make it hard to back up movies from them. With the programs I use its rare when I get a movie, Sony included that cant be backed up the way I want. I use AnyDvd with either CloneDvd2, CloneCd, 1Click, 1Click Pro and Nero.

Could someone please try this: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=18896&postcount=18. I would like to know if it works.

OK I did as you asked and got 566 PGC's and it loads in Shrink. PgcEdit does do more than you wanted it to do as you could clean up the PGC's using PgcEdit instead of using FixVTS. Also VobBlanker will do that Movie w/ just AnyDVD enabled. Personally I think this is the quicker and easier way.

Another strange thing happened. Using PgcEdit the Movie size was 4249 and using VobBlanker the Movie size was 5171. I'll try and do it again later today using PgcEdit and report back to you on the findings.

EDIT: The 5171 size was done w/ DVDFAB Dec and the 4249 size was done w/ Ripit4Me ( only using the rip part) The problem is you have to let PgcEdit do a complete correction of the DVD structure and you did not want this and I believe that is the reason for the size difference.

Last edited:
I will buy CloneDVD if needed.

Here is my issue not only is DVD Shrink much better at compression, but it also lets me cut the beginning and end of the movie exactly where I want them to be cut. CloneDVD only lets you cut whole sections of the movie. I will be happy to buy CloneDVD if they will let me use DVD Shrink. OR they could just make CloneDVD good enough to compete with that old out-of-date DVD Shrink freeware that is a way better product.

OK I did as you asked and got 566 PGC's and it loads in Shrink. PgcEdit does do more than you wanted it to do as you could clean up the PGC's using PgcEdit instead of using FixVTS. Also VobBlanker will do that Movie w/ just AnyDVD enabled. Personally I think this is the quicker and easier way.

Another strange thing happened. Using PgcEdit the Movie size was 4249 and using VobBlanker the Movie size was 5171. I'll try and do it again later today using PgcEdit and report back to you on the findings.

EDIT: The 5171 size was done w/ DVDFAB Dec and the 4249 size was done w/ Ripit4Me ( only using the rip part) The problem is you have to let PgcEdit do a complete correction of the DVD structure and you did not want this and I believe that is the reason for the size difference.
Thanks for that. The reason why I asked to use FixVTS after PgcEdit was to clean up all the unreferenced material. Allow PgcEdit to correct anything it finds of course.

Also, to make the findings more accurate, it would have been better to use the same ripper.

I just wanted to see if there was another way to use AnyDVD to remove the copy-protection, along with some freeware programs so that it allows loading into DVD Shrink.

Back