• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some discs won't play in Powerdvd with Anydvd enabled

I know, that's why (and SamuriHL is gonna love this) I recommend to anyone that if they can get it working to use TMT 3
ATM I would still recommend TMT 2. TMT 3 still has its share of problems.
And I don't see any functional advantage in using TMT3.

Region B "At world's end" plays fine with Powerdvd 2815 and AnyDVD 6.5.4.9. This situation makes you think if it was intentional or another Cyberlink screw up
Remember the lame attempt where Cyberlink "blacklisted" images/discs which contain a directory named "SLY!" or "SLYVM"? This certainly was intentional. And displaying a message box about "virtual drives" looks pretty intentional to me, too.

Unless you want to bitstream Blu-ray movies with a Xonar . . .
... I don't. I want LPCM via ReClock. :D
(and with some trickery I can convince TMT not to downsample ;) )

BTW, I had a Xonar for 2 days. Already back to the shop. 24fps didn't work, drivers suck, pretty much everything sucks with this card, at least with the current software.

EDIT:
I'm rambling off-topic again... :eek:

Last edited:
Whatever the cause is (and it's on Cyberlink's end), I don't really care because Cyberlink shouldn't be including code to block virtual drives in the first place.

I think there is general consensus here about Cyberlink being a bad monkey. I mean, why would they even disable playback from hard drive in the first place? AFAIK, nero showtime and arcsoft totalmedia didn't resort to that. Anyway, totalmedia crashes (and has a PQ issue concerning AA), showtime is a fail and so is windvd. So until SlyPlayer comes, I'm stuck with Powerdvd.

Logfiles from US versions of DH4 and POTC3 (if anyone wants to give it a try):

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.4.9_Info_D_LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD.zip
    239.6 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_6.5.4.9_Info_D_PIRATES3.zip
    129.6 KB · Views: 1
Anyway, totalmedia crashes

Only if you have Avast antivirus installed

and has a PQ issue concerning AA

Not that I'm aware of

Powerdvd 9 has audio channel assignments messed up under Vista 64, so 9 is completely useless for me.

HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.02

Your drive's firmware is outdated, not that updating it will fix this issue . . .

The log files may be of interest to James. Thanks

Last edited:
Does James know why those discs won't play in PDVD? I mean technicaly.

... I don't. I want LPCM via ReClock. :D
(and with some trickery I can convince TMT not to downsample ;) )

[offtopic]ReClock trickery you mean? In other words, please share! :)[/offtopic]

As for Cyberlink do you think they are "testing" another method of theirs to forbid playback with anyDVD and their software? Because it surely is strange that so few titles are affected. If that is the case, I doubt they will see another penny from Slysoft customers with Slyplayer emerging soon (hopefully) ;)

Powerdvd 7.3

I am getting the same virtual drive error with Live free or Die hard Blu-Ray copied disk with latest version of anydvd. Interestingly I see an ANY! file on this Blu-ray that isnt on earlier Blu-ray .
I even get the error using the original Blu-ray disc unless I turn off anydvd

ATM I would still recommend TMT 2. TMT 3 still has its share of problems.
And I don't see any functional advantage in using TMT3.
I still can't get TMT 2 to work, only 3

What happens if you copy files from such problem Blu-ray discs to hard drive, delete ANY! and ANYVM folders, create new iso with ImgBurn (following Adbear's guide, for example: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24169) and mount it with VCD? Will PDVD play such iso? Has anyone tried this? If PDVD plays isos created this way, then it is possible that the reason it refuses to play some discs modified by AnyDVD is because it finds the remnants of AACS files. It is strange though it does not play only certain discs...

Doesn't work, it was one of the first things I tried

I just wanted to let everyone know that recently Cyberlink has issued out an update (2010) for PowerDVD 9 Ultra ...and this update seems to render the AnyDVD HD option "virtual drive blacklist workaround" no longer necessary.

Whether it's due to Slysoft proving to them once again that is not the way to go or due to the fact that there is always something _broken_ in any patch provided by Cyberlink remains unknown. Obviously, we'll know with the next update... Either way I'm not complaining that POTC3 and DH4 now work even from an unprotected .iso 8)

Back