• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some discs won't play in Powerdvd with Anydvd enabled

ondratel

2Franklin:

The same goes for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (US version just like Live Free Or Die Hard). These two discs are the only ones I know of that dont play in powerdvd (neither v8 nor v9) and I believe this to be AnyDVD HD's fault. As you adequately put, the discs dont play with AnyDVD HD enabled.

If you've got them at hand, do post the log files in the AnyDVD HD logs only thread...

Disc that will not play with AnyDVD enabled

xp pro
VCD 5.4.2.8
AnyDVD 6.5.4.7
powerdvd v7.3 with patch 4617 or 5105
powerdvd v8 with patch 2705

I believe this to be AnyDVD HD's fault to. the same goes for I am Legend US version it will play with AnyDVD HD disabled but it will not play with AnyDVD HD enabled in powerdvd v7.3 or v 8
It shows powerdvd dose not support Blu-Ray disc playback on a virtual device. A Blu-Ray disc must be inserted into a BD-Rom for playback.
that is with VCD disabled

So, how can *this* be AnyDVD's "fault"?

Because I believe Anydvd HD was supposed to somehow fix it sothat Powerdvd couldn't tell whether it's loaded in a virtual drive or an optical drive.

It used to work, but I guess Cyberlink has updated the virtual drive detection system in the past few months... (The last version I tried was 6.5.3.1, though)

6.5.1.1 2009 01 08
- New (Blu-ray): Added support for new PowerDVD builds, which displayed
a "virtual drive not supported" error

EDIT: Jeez, I look forward to SlyPlayer :agree: :D

Last edited:
I click the "default" button in Anydvd and i do not have Virtual Clone Drive any more and i still get this powerdvd
dose not support Blu-Ray disc playback on a virtual device. A Blu-Ray disc must be inserted into a BD-Rom for playback.
and I am Legend US version will not play with AnyDVD HD enabled the disc will play when i exit AnyDVD HD.

so i dont have VCD any more so AnyDVD HD must be at "fault" as the disc plays when i exit AnyDVD HD.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my system
mb biostar -mcp6p m2+
amd 4200 64 x2
4 gb ddr2 1066
video evga 9500 gt
ps corsair cmpsu-650tx
LG GGW-H20L
hard drive HITACHI 0A38016 1TB 7200 RPM 16MB

1) a) yes i have HDCP compliance, does the original disc exhibit playback issues with Anydvd disabled? no
b) Does the original disc play fine with Anydvd enabled? no
2) Update your drive's firmware ? YL05
3) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd HD. 6.5.4.7
4) Remove packet writing software from your system? no packet writing software on my system
5) Specify the a)I Am Legend [Blu-ray] , b)region code a, c) country USA, and d) release date March 18, 2008 .
6) Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.4.7)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05 001002081487MG5440
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 19699840 sectors (38476 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: I_AM_LEGEND_NA
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
7) State the full a)error message(s) powerdvd dose not support Blu-Ray disc playback on a virtual device
9 ) a) Is your software HD player up to date? What version are you using? yes powerdvd v7.3 with patch 5105
b) What graphic driver version are you using? GeForce 9 Driver Version 185.85 Is it up to date as well? yes
10 ) What graphics card brand and model are you using? EVGA 9500 GT
11) Do you have Data Execution Prevention enabled in XP or Vista ? no

Last edited:
I click the "default" button in Anydvd and i do not have Virtual Clone Drive any more and i still get this powerdvd
dose not support Blu-Ray disc playback on a virtual device. A Blu-Ray disc must be inserted into a BD-Rom for playback.
and I am Legend US version will not play with AnyDVD HD enabled the disc will play when i exit AnyDVD HD.

so i dont have VCD any more so AnyDVD HD must be at "fault" as the disc plays when i exit AnyDVD HD.

The Virtual Clonedrive forum is the wrong form to be posting in if you believe you have Anydvd issues. But anyway, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4503, and provide all of the requested information. At some point I'll move responses to the proper forum . . .

Last edited:
I have the same problems with the 2 discs mentioned by Ondratel, they work fine with AnyDVD HD disabled, as soon as you enable AnyDVD HD even with just the default settings PDVD gives the 'Virtual drives are not supported' message. The same happens with protected and unprotected ISO's of the same films. They used to work in earlier builds, and the still do work in TMT3 or if you write a copy back to disc and play that in a settop player so it looks like Cyberlink have altered there code somehow

They used to work in earlier builds

Ah, I haven't updated Powerdvd 8. That must be why it worked for me in the past.

I think at this point Cyberlink is seriously shooting itself in the foot.

I know, that's why (and SamuriHL is gonna love this) I recommend to anyone that if they can get it working to use TMT 3

I know, that's why (and SamuriHL is gonna love this) I recommend to anyone that if they can get it working to use TMT 3

For Blu-ray playback, sure . . .

For HD-DVD and dvd playback, there are some issues with TMT3 (I've complained about this before, especially to SamuriHL), which didn't exist in TMT2 (at least, I don't recall producing the same problems).

Last edited:
I only ever use my settop player for HD DVD so I've not come across those issues and I now have most of the HD DVD's on Blu-ray

TMT 3 playback on 23hz is not as smooth as powerdvd 8 and it has A/V does not sync well so it's out for me..

When can we have slyplayer?8)

I have the same problems with the 2 discs mentioned by Ondratel, they work fine with AnyDVD HD disabled, as soon as you enable AnyDVD HD even with just the default settings PDVD gives the 'Virtual drives are not supported' message. The same happens with protected and unprotected ISO's of the same films. They used to work in earlier builds, and the still do work in TMT3 or if you write a copy back to disc and play that in a settop player so it looks like Cyberlink have altered there code somehow

I do have the same problem as you. But unfortunatly, I cannot disable AnyDVD HD because the BD is Region A, and I am B.

If I remember well, this is not the first time I see that issue on the forum, but it seems the first time that the Team accepts it as a problem which could be from Slysoft, not the user.

the first time that the Team accepts it as a problem which could be from Slysoft.

No. The problem is with Cyberlink blocking Anydvd (or arguing about the structure that Anydvd creates with certain discs). And James is not terribly interested in addressing this issue: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=196384&postcount=328

I have to agree. Cyberlink is just shooting itself in the foot. I do believe Cyberlink should be punished:

a) Blocking virtual drives

b) Blocking file playback

c) Removing HD-DVD support

And Reclock doesn't work with Powerdvd 9. Game over

I didn't buy Powerdvd 9, and I fully intend to never buy anything from Cyberlink in the future.

Last edited:
Webslinger,

While I do agree with your PowerDVD position, there is something strange:
I have about a hundred BDs, and why do I have this issue with only 2 discs?
Isn't there anything that AnyDVD doesn't handle properly with those discs?

If PDVD really wanted to eject AnyDVD HD users, no disc would play at all (in fact it already happened before, and it was really quickly fixed by SlySoft's team), and not only few discs...

Isn't there anything that AnyDVD doesn't handle properly with those discs?

No. Older versions of Powerdvd play those discs fine with Anydvd enabled as do current versions of TMT.

If PDVD really wanted to eject AnyDVD HD users, no disc would play at all

If it's a "virtual device detected" type of message then it's Powerdvd's virtual drive detection programming that's buggy. Anydvd isn't a virtual drive. Anydvd removes protection. That removal wrongly triggers "virtual device" error messages in Powerdvd with certain discs. Anydvd isn't a virtual device, so Powerdvd is buggy. If someone wrongly identifies certain cats as dogs, who's at fault? The cats or the person who can't distinguish certain cats from dogs?

Whatever the cause is (and it's on Cyberlink's end), I don't really care because Cyberlink shouldn't be including code to block virtual drives in the first place.

Last edited:
Region B "At world's end" plays fine with Powerdvd 2815 and AnyDVD 6.5.4.9. This situation makes you think if it was intentional or another Cyberlink screw up

Back