• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SOLVED - What do you need (next)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure which you are specifically referring to, but, roman, the developer of tsmuxer, has been absent from the doom9 forum for many many months now. Tsmuxer was apparently developed as part of some commercial application and released to the public for free. The last version is 1.85 and was found on their website.

The truehd problem has been discussed in the doom9 forum, as well. Apparently some people have issues with TrueHD not working at all or staying in sync. I myself have not seen that problem.

In any case, both of these things are discussed in the incredibly long tsmuxer thread over at doom9.

<tin foil hat> See, THEY got to him and now he's gone. That's why i turn off AnyDVD. Before the AACS police send out thier sentinels to scan my computer. Then it will get all "Your pc are belong to us" type apocolypse and all </tin foil hat>

I guess i could keep it running as it's only on my server anyways. Then James needs to create some super ultra secure encryption for the times when it connects to the server, something like 3000bit Suckfish encryption or something so THEY can't get to us.

Okay, it looks like i have nothing constructive to add to this discussion so i'll shut up now and just read.

[OT]
You DO realize that AnyDVD is one of the most efficient, elegant soluions we have in software, right? As a developer, I can appreciate what they've accomplished. Leaving it on will not affect your performance one bit.
[/OT]

Regarding the Questions on What Features do we Use from EAC3TO

For example I'd like to convert my HD-DVD's to TS containers so I can both play them on my HTPC and stream them to the kids PS/3 with a GUI tool that can:
1) Read / Join the EVO's / Select the streams
2) If DD+ then convert to (L)PCM
3) Mux it out to a TS file
4) Keep Chapter Points
5) Keep Forced Subs

To get Point 1 / 2 / 3 the process I've used is:
1) Demuxing & Audio Conversion: using Eac3to More GUI by Yraen V1.09 Beta 2 (demux the Video / Audio, and converts Audio to PCM)
2) PCM to PCM-TS Conversion: used the Pcm2tsmu (convert the PCM to a TS compatible verson - headers are different?)
3) Remuxing: tsMuxeR GUI 1.8.4 (remux it all back into the new container)

The next problem is the keeping chapter points and converting the chapter formts to SRT and either muxing them in or keeping in a seperate file....at which point I gave up!.

I think most people would want the flexibility of selecting Audio conversion to more popular formats (either down convert to AC3/DTS or in my case to a lossless format....LPCM or as some have suggested FLAC). They will also want the flexibility to select a prefered container (eg M2T / MKV) but it is not well understood what containers will support what (eg will M2T support Sub and what type?....if so another pontential conversion is required).

FYI - There has been an attempt to put a GUI over EAC3TO / TsMuxer / and a bunch of other freeware tools over at doom ("Eac3to and More GUI by Yraen") that builds some batch files to try to automate the process and while a good effort it currently falls shorts IMHO.

Such a tool from Slysoft would be terrific!!

Thanks
Nathan

What about mounting a folder as a drive?
This way you could playback any folder in PowerDVD, even the latest Ulatra builds.

I'm still trying to decipher what this thread is truely asking for?

Hm, I have to check if ffmpeg already has a flac encoder included or at least a libflac interface. Otherwise I have to create one first.

Flac is really something for level two.

ffmpeg indeed has a flac encoder

Yeah, indeed. So flac audio in level two is a sure thing.

Sweet. Fernando, is there anything else we can do to help out?

Be patient. :eek:

At least a couple of weeks.

No problem on that one. I wasn't under any assumption we'd see the results soon. :) I just meant was there anything else you needed from us to make this happen? But it sounds like you're about to lock yourself in a room for a few weeks. That's fine. Good luck!! :)

I just hope people can be patient and not start posting every few days asking when it's coming out

I looked through the thread and didn't see this (forgive me if its up there somewhere) but how about iso support so the video and audio and subtitle tracks are put back into a compliant burnable format. That way it could be mounted into VCD or burned to watch on a PS3 for example.

Edit: my bad it is up there.. count this as another vote for iso support

=== ONLY FOR ADVANCED USERS ===

I somehow started to integrate some basic HD muxing features and like to know what do you need next?

And please don't say CloneBD. Yeah, that's the end of the road. Be productive ;)

TS/PS remuxer with TS/PS converter, plus a native TS-converter. (simplified TS = Bluray container, PS = HDDVD container). That's what I have. Maybe an EAC3 to AC3 converter?

What do you use as tools/steps to convert your HD disks? I'm normally not the person that reads conversion threads or uses thousands of different tools. I'm a do-it-myself person so normally what-I-need-is-what-I-code.

Any helpful comments appreciated. And guys please no "thank's thats great" or other posts. Just think it, don't write it. I can sense you all. :agree:
I've started to write my HDDVD-muxer, but somehow got stuck due to the lack of specification of the HDVMG and Standard-HDVTS data structures. However, I was able to determine the correct specification of the Advanced-HDVTS data fields, but this is useless w/o the other 2 parts.

My plan was to rip .m2ts, strip them down to the necessary parts, re-encode them with MeGui to make it HDDVD compatible, and then mux into a HDDVD-3X which can be played on my HDDVD standalone players.

Now, I've changed plans after I purchased my new HTPC. I just rip the disks into isos and play them from HDD w/o conversion. Apart from that, I find the following tools very useful: tsMuxer, RipBot264, eac3to.

I looked through the thread and didn't see this (forgive me if its up there somewhere) but how about iso support so the video and audio and subtitle tracks are put back into a compliant burnable format. That way it could be mounted into VCD or burned to watch on a PS3 for example.

Edit: my bad it is up there.. count this as another vote for iso support

Trust me, that was right up there in my top 5 list of things to have. :) Very important to most of us to be able to output to ISO so we can skip an additional step.

Hi,

I'd like to be able to do the following:-

drop in a BLU-Ray or HD-DVD

Select the main movie and what ever sound format i want. Then get those items only on to the hard drive so they can be played either by PDVD. This would have to be either a file that could be played, or an ISO that could be mounted

I'm not interested in further compression (that defeats the object of Hi-def in my humble opionin)

Cheers,

Mark.

PS is it ready yet? (just kidding)

Thanks guys.

I'm closing this thread now as we go in circles and most users don't read the thread from beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back