• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SOLVED - What do you need (next)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed you guys use a lot of eac3to.exe

What features of that tool are you using (besides demuxing, muxing and eac3->ac3,dts hd -> dts) ?

insert BD, AnyDVD magic
select options....(A/V streams, output format, audio conversion if any, etc)
rips iso or blu-ray structure to 8.5GB chunks (HD DVD would a plus too)
burn with program of choice
play on standalone

That pretty much sums it up for level one in my opinion. :agree:

I quickly reopened the thread.

What about matroska container? Are you using it? Wanna have it? In my opinion it is the most preferred container regarding HD media. Supports multiple audio streams, subtitles, chapters, ...

(only applies for PC users that watch their HD movies on computer)

Yes! Matroska (and m2ts as well) works perfect with the Popcorn Hour, and also with TMT for the HTPC.

I know it's a transcoding issue but besides stripping unwanted material, a 1080p to 720p conversion is a real need as I see it. Both for storage and streaming purposes. On most screens below 50'' and reasonble viewing distances it's very hard to see the difference.

Yep, I second that.

Especially helpful : For people using a constant height screen: the ability to move subtitles up into the picture frame (otherwise they get cut off on cinemascope screens).

I too would like something that would provide subtitles.

If there were a way to (easily) mux an audio track from the PAL-DVD9 version of a movie with the AVC/VC-1/MPEG2 HD/Blu video from a HD/Blu disc that would be fantastic.

Perfect. I'd love to see you guys release something like this. It'd make our lives SOOOO much easier. One of the big problems we have right now is that tsmuxer is no longer being developed and there are bugs (truehd, for example). So, if you could give us that list of functionality, we can test the hell out of it for you, and then come up with the next set of functionality. Eventually, you would end up with CloneBD, yes. :)

Perfect. I'd love to see you guys release something like this. It'd make our lives SOOOO much easier. One of the big problems we have right now is that tsmuxer is no longer being developed and there are bugs (truehd, for example). So, if you could give us that list of functionality, we can test the hell out of it for you, and then come up with the next set of functionality. Eventually, you would end up with CloneBD, yes. :)

And assuming that people using this tool would be AnyDVDHD users, that fireing up this program would automatically start AnyDVD HD. Let me be clear, this WILL be separate from AnyDVD HD.

But since we are talking about convenience here, i thought it would be a good idea for this tool to check if AnyDVD HD is installed and start it up, or at least provide the option to do so.

Come to think of it, that would be nice for a CloneDVD update also.

And assuming that people using this tool would be AnyDVDHD users, that fireing up this program would automatically start AnyDVD HD. Let me be clear, this WILL be separate from AnyDVD HD.

But since we are talking about convenience here, i thought it would be a good idea for this tool to check if AnyDVD HD is installed and start it up, or at least provide the option to do so.

Come to think of it, that would be nice for a CloneDVD update also.

Who shuts it off?? :)

Perfect. I'd love to see you guys release something like this. It'd make our lives SOOOO much easier. One of the big problems we have right now is that tsmuxer is no longer being developed and there are bugs (truehd, for example).
Really? Where did you get this information? Link? Thanks!

Really? Where did you get this information? Link? Thanks!

I'm not sure which you are specifically referring to, but, roman, the developer of tsmuxer, has been absent from the doom9 forum for many many months now. Tsmuxer was apparently developed as part of some commercial application and released to the public for free. The last version is 1.85 and was found on their website.

The truehd problem has been discussed in the doom9 forum, as well. Apparently some people have issues with TrueHD not working at all or staying in sync. I myself have not seen that problem.

In any case, both of these things are discussed in the incredibly long tsmuxer thread over at doom9.

I agree this would be perfect,the ability to split it into dvd9 is amazing..then we could just burn it to 3 or 4 dl dvd's and play on our blue ray stand alone players..

What features of that tool are you using (besides demuxing, muxing and eac3->ac3,dts hd -> dts) ?

Those you listed plus I use it to look at the playlists to see which one is the main title on seamless branching disks. It wont actually tell you but it shows how long they are so you can pretty much guess it.

everything sounds nice

I would like to see the ability to select the track (BD info) and image creation built into Anydvd. Ability to split into multiple disks and the audio editing functionality.

I would like to see the ability to select the track (BD info) and image creation built into Anydvd.

This discussion is about ideas for a new program. Adding what you suggested into AnyDVD HD isn't going to happen. AnyDVD HD is a decrypter and should remain as simple as possible. The complexities of selectively and powerfully ripping SD DVD/HD/BD should remain under the purview of actual standalone ripping programs.

- muxing BD video streams to .mkv, incl. joining BD streams with seamless branching into one .mkv
- "repacking" PCM/TrueHD/DTS-HD MA -> lossless flac

(playback with htpc, files are stored on hdd)

Eac3to.exe is an offline process. I would like to see the stream selection, demuxing, audio (and subtitle) conversion and mkv/PS/TS/M2TS muxing functionality provided in a real-time application, with GUI selection, with the option to playback the stream(s) and/or save as files or simple BD ISO.

Hm, I have to check if ffmpeg already has a flac encoder included or at least a libflac interface. Otherwise I have to create one first.

Flac is really something for level two.

I understand drink

I see your point and posted in haste but would it be considered as a separate program or like a plug in that would be purchased to add additional functionality.

disregard previous post

I re-read and my question was answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back