• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] CloneBD trial, UHD DTS audio to DD has wow & flutter

Bluer

The resultant Wizard Of Oz UHD file in which DTS is converted to DD has (what we called in my turntable days) wow & flutter, or simply, the audio speeds up and slows down. Multiple conversions - same problem.
whether the source is .iso or .m2ts is irrelevant. whether it's played on the TV or on PC is irrelevant.
I use Anydvd to load the .iso on the HD for conversion. Nothing is running in the background. Video conversion is lossless.
The rips are all good. The source file plays fine and the problem does not occur with audio converted to AAC.

The problem is only noticeable in songs starting at the 24 minute point, but may exist throughout.
I only want to buy CloneBD for DTS→DD. Is it the Trial version???

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.1.The Wizard of Oz.cbdlog
    431.3 KB · Views: 0
Audio speed up and down, classic sign of having the anydvd setting active:

'remove cinavia during CloneBD audio stream copy'

Check your anydvd program settings. It's the last one in the list. It's probably ticked, untick it. Should fix the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I knew someone here would know! ☺
I'll do that and report back. Thanks!

Yes; unchecking Cinavia solved the 'wow & flutter problem. Whew! Now I can buy CloneBD on payday.

Two suggestions:
1) A mention of this anomaly in the Anydvd Cinavia dialog box might help others.
2) The CloneBD web page compares the two versions, one is "Pro". I spent a half-hour or so looking for the 'Pro'! LOL :)
Would someone kindly rename the versions on that page as 'trial' and 'paid'?
Thanks again Chevron!

Glad I could help, the side effect of precisely why that setting isn't enabled by default and why is not recommended to enable it unless you're DAMN sure the title has cinavia.

You have to keep in mind that anydvd doesn't detect it, or know if a title has it. Anydvd checks if 1, that setting is enabled and 2, audio downscaling is being done. If both of those checks return as 'yes', it applies the fix regardless of the fact if the title has cinavia or not

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back