• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solved] AP Audio Streams correct?

Don922

I went to download Tom Clancy's Without Remorse from AP. When i went to select the audio I was surprised to see that the highest bit rate was 224kbps DD+ stereo. The highest 5.1 was 192kbps DD+ 5.1. Is this correct that there is a DD+ stereo with a higher bit rate that DD+ 5.1 or is this a bug?

Attached log file and the screen shot are from 1.1.4.0 as I am unable to get AP to run in 1.1.4.2. All I get is a blank page. I did the AP dance - deselect AP, select AP, deselect AP, exit program, restart program, exit program, reboot, restart program - no joy. Log file for 1.1.4.2 also attached.

AP Audio.jpg

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.0.astlog
    125.2 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.1.4.2 No AP.astlog
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
I posted in another thread about this. It's definitely an issue where the highest quality stream is not appearing because the same title has streams that are 640kbps DD+ 5.1 in every OTHER language except for English. This appears across many of the recent Amazon titles (the Panic series is another one I saw) but older Amazon exclusive titles like The Boys still have a 640kbps option available.

audio description.PNG deutsch.PNG french.PNG

I'm seeing the same with AnyStream 1.1.2.0 as well. The "640 kbps DD+ 5.1" audio track for "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse" is available for every "Audio Language" option except "English". Very odd indeed.

Yeah...I got this as well. Watched it at 5.1 192 and it was fine. I also thought it was strange that all the other audio was 640 5.1, but not the english version. I see this a lot in my region, main stream titles only having a stereo sound track when they play on free broadcast tv in 5.1.

I went to download Tom Clancy's Without Remorse from AP. When i went to select the audio I was surprised to see that the highest bit rate was 224kbps DD+ stereo. The highest 5.1 was 192kbps DD+ 5.1. Is this correct that there is a DD+ stereo with a higher bit rate that DD+ 5.1 or is this a bug?

Attached log file and the screen shot are from 1.1.4.0 as I am unable to get AP to run in 1.1.4.2. All I get is a blank page. I did the AP dance - deselect AP, select AP, deselect AP, exit program, restart program, exit program, reboot, restart program - no joy. Log file for 1.1.4.2 also attached.

View attachment 57663
Check the "American English - Audio description". Most likely, you would see the missing bitrate there

Check the "American English - Audio description". Most likely, you would see the missing bitrate there
Previously (weeks ago) I downloaded titles with 5.1 640kbps English track now show Stereo or strange 192kbps 5.1 English sound.
I can confirm other languages are ok, there is normal 5.1 sound track, only American English is strange.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.0.astlog
    5.1 MB · Views: 2

What is the difference between American English and American English - Audio description?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The second one is a commentary track or for hard of hearing persons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well that is not helpful as I don’t want to listen to a commentary.

Previously (weeks ago) I downloaded titles with 5.1 640kbps English track now show Stereo or strange 192kbps 5.1 English sound.
I can confirm other languages are ok, there is normal 5.1 sound track, only American English is strange.

I checked your log and the manifest file. AnyStream detected every single track that was in the manifest and displayed them accordingly. So, in this case, what AnyStream gets is what AnyStream presents.

I checked your log and the manifest file. AnyStream detected every single track that was in the manifest and displayed them accordingly. So, in this case, what AnyStream gets is what AnyStream presents.
:D it's new for me we have 192 kbps 5.1 English track as standard.

Its to do with the wrong manifest being delivered to AS, trust me i no

And how exactly do you 'know'?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Um because i do know certain things that cant be discussed on here
The only things that we have issues with are third party program which can be discussed in the Third Pary subforum right here. Then don't ask questions about how the internals of Anystream works, that's all we ask. This is Anystream, Prospere answered your question. Enough said, thank you for your interest in Anystream. Anystream conveys the data from Amazon.

You'd think right, but nope. Even the "English [Audio Description]" track offers "640 kbps DD+ 5.1". It's only the primary English track that's gimped. Every other option in the list offers "640 kbps DD+ 5.1". And yes, I understand AnyStream can only provide what it's being given. It's just so odd. I can understand why people still feel the need to mention it. For all we know AnyStream isn't interpreting what it's being given correctly. I doubt that's the case, but we can't assume unless we inquire.

Last edited:
I doubt that's the case, but we can't assume unless we inquire.
That's why I said - I have checked your log and the MPD file and it appears to be that AnyStream interprets what it "sees" just fine.

That's why I said - I have checked your log and the MPD file and it appears to be that AnyStream interprets what it "sees" just fine.

Did you check my log file?

Back