• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still all completely irrelevant as it's NOT out today..............
I don't see why a broadly supportive post got such an over the top response! Overall frustration I will assume.

The point is I can understand the feeling of panic out there as new releases of commercial Blu-ray players become more and more restrictive, closed down and bug ridden. There is a genuine concern out there that our ability to play Blu-ray discs, let alone Blu-ray backups, may go backwards in the next year if SlyPlayer does not appear.

I understand it is boring reading the same old "when" posts on an almost daily basis. Remember all of us tracking this thread have to read them not just you. But a bit of understanding for the urgency many feel is also in order. And from Slysoft's point of view although this is "free" software I am sure it is there to protect AnyDVD HD revenue as well as to simply "give to the community"!

I don't see why a broadly supportive post got such an over the top response! Overall frustration I will assume.

The point is I can understand the feeling of panic out there as new releases of commercial Blu-ray players become more and more restrictive, closed down and bug ridden. There is a genuine concern out there that our ability to play Blu-ray discs, let alone Blu-ray backups, may go backwards in the next year if SlyPlayer does not appear.

I understand it is boring reading the same old "when" posts on an almost daily basis. Remember all of us tracking this thread have to read them not just you. But a bit of understanding for the urgency many feel is also in order. And from Slysoft's point of view although this is "free" software I am sure it is there to protect AnyDVD HD revenue as well as to simply "give to the community"!

It's NOT an over the top response though. How is stating a FACT over the top? You make the assumption that I don't have the same feelings on this as every one else. *I* want SlyPlayer just as much as everyone. I'm FULLY aware of the current sad state of playback software for the PC. There isn't one of them that isn't giving me problems right now. What you all MUST understand is this....no amount of urgency, complaining, whining, begging, pleading or anything else is going to magically speed up the development and get SlyPlayer to you any faster than Slysoft was already planning on releasing it. Again, this is a fact. When I say these things, it's not because I don't consider the situation dire and urgent. Slysoft also understands this. James and crew are some of the biggest HTPC fans you'll come across. This is why AnyDVD is geared towards real time functionality in the first place. And they are absolutely disgusted with the current players out there...rightfully so. None of that changes the fact that it STILL HAS TO BE DEVELOPED. It's really as simple as that.

So add a new first post of this thread, summarising the current status. List the planned features and list the current release date as unknown but "hoped by Slysoft (James) to be this year" and say all posts just asking "when" and not discussing product requirements will be deleted. If you cannot add a new first post close this thread and open a new one. Then just silently enforce the rule.

And IMO don't inflame things by adding your own speculation like "Whether the release was 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years from now doesn't REALLY matter today". That really is just a red rag to field full of blood thirsty bulls when James has said he hopes (no guarantees!) to get the product out in the next 6 months!

And p.s. in the nicest possible way
It's NOT an over the top response though. How is stating a FACT over the top?.
It is the over-emotive SHOUTING that is over the top and just perpetuates the debate. As a moderator I am sure you understand this!

Last edited:
It's NOT an over the top response though. How is stating a FACT over the top? You make the assumption that I don't have the same feelings on this as every one else. *I* want SlyPlayer just as much as everyone. I'm FULLY aware of the current sad state of playback software for the PC. There isn't one of them that isn't giving me problems right now. What you all MUST understand is this....no amount of urgency, complaining, whining, begging, pleading or anything else is going to magically speed up the development and get SlyPlayer to you any faster than Slysoft was already planning on releasing it. Again, this is a fact. When I say these things, it's not because I don't consider the situation dire and urgent. Slysoft also understands this. James and crew are some of the biggest HTPC fans you'll come across. This is why AnyDVD is geared towards real time functionality in the first place. And they are absolutely disgusted with the current players out there...rightfully so. None of that changes the fact that it STILL HAS TO BE DEVELOPED. It's really as simple as that.
So why not just CLOSE THIS THREAD. Please! I keep getting sucked into it expecting a development!

Oh come on after 61 pages you still expect every time you see a new post that there's gonna new truly worthwhile info?:bang:

For the past, oh say, 55 pages or so we've all been just playing around and speculating with ideas. It's been light fun for me at least.

Closing this thread will only accomplish the sprouting of countless new threads asking when it'll be out, or information about it. It's better to keep all non-information centralized in one thread :D.

(Sorry about not having any worthwhile information either!)

The thread stays open. However, I reserve the right to move any posts I wish. And in fact I may go through this thread and clean it up. This thread should be used by the developers when they have news and for people to discuss/request features. Any "when" posts from here on out will likely be moved into a separate thread that I will create when I do the cleanup. I do not have time right now to do so but soon.

Hi there,

I drop by every now and again to see whats going on in the world of SlySoft but in all honesty these days, due to the garbage I went through with PDVD and TMT, I use a multi region enabled stand alone player to watch my Blu-ray movies.

I still use AnyDVD-HD and TMT though just to take screen shots of the films I watch.

I'm interested in SlyPlayer ( can't believe you're giving it away from what I read ??? ), and again really would use it for screen grabs. So my question / request is this... can SlyPlayer have a frame advance when paused and a screen grab feature?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

KH

Hi there,

I drop by every now and again to see whats going on in the world of SlySoft but in all honesty these days, due to the garbage I went through with PDVD and TMT, I use a multi region enabled stand alone player to watch my Blu-ray movies.

I still use AnyDVD-HD and TMT though just to take screen shots of the films I watch.

I'm interested in SlyPlayer ( can't believe you're giving it away from what I read ??? ), and again really would use it for screen grabs. So my question / request is this... can SlyPlayer have a frame advance when paused and a screen grab feature?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

KH
Screen grab actually is probably the last thing we're going to implement... very, very low priority.

Come on folks, first things first... if the thing is playing *anything* and makes some sounds which are remotely in sync, we can talk about all that nifty features you keep bugging us with... :D

Screen grab actually is probably the last thing we're going to implement... very, very low priority.

Makes sense. ;)

Come on folks, first things first... if the thing is playing *anything* and makes some sounds which are remotely in sync, we can talk about all that nifty features you keep bugging us with... :D

James, give us non downsampled HD-sound, selectable Videofilters and I'll ask for nothing more than that. :D

I told them they could request stuff here....not that they'd actually get it. One of these days I need to go through the thread and compile a list of requested features and stick it in the first post with the caveat "The initial release might show some pretty pictures...oh yea, and hey, maybe some of that noise generation stuff, too." :D

Fair point :agree:

But I'll always live in hope lol :D

Cheers,
KH

I'm finally killing this thread rather than trying to clean it up. Everyone is recommended to subscribe to this thread to keep track of future SlyPlayer developments. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back