• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my comments in your post...

HDAV 1.3 does work in 64 bit OS's. I have it working flawlessly. But the mere thought of slyplayer being free, makes me have goose bumps!

Last edited:
SlyPlayer won't be able to decrypt on its own. Not CSS, not AACS, not BD+.
So having AnyDVD (HD) running will certainly help with playback. ;)

This rules out a Linux version, doesn't it ?

At least rules out a version able to read BluRay.

Can we have a better ETA projection, now, than "February"?

Your hint-dropping is starting to border on "torture"! :(

I apologize if this has been asked but I did a search and didn't notice:

My big issue is that I would LOVE to take advantage of DXVA with mkvs, however I believe all players out there currently make you lose the ability to display subtitles embedded in mkvs with dxva. Hence I use ffdshow/mediacontrol.

I've read the technical reasons as to why this is the case, but I was wondering will this be the case with the Slyplayer, or will it be able to display subs and use dxva with mkvs (assuming dxva compatibility with the file encode)?

Also please add my vote to having this work as a VMC plug-in (or a way to have it "look" like it can integate seamlessly with VMC or similar applications.

Thanks again for the great work all around.

Slyplayer 5.1 / DTS audio over S/PDIF

I see what you say, thanks.

Most likely it would include an AC3 encoder (I'm going by ReClock's options), which would work the same as DTS downmixing does in PowerDVD. A few questions though. Does your receiver have HDMI audio? Which soundcard/mobo do you have?

By the way, with almost all discs, you are able to extract a "core" DTS or DD soundtrack, so you shouldn't have to do DTS downmixing in PowerDVD, which has been known to have trouble (I used to have a high-pitched whine back in the day). Just disable DTS downmixing and it should automatically pass through that "core".

Thanks for your reply,
My receiver does not have HDMI. My Mobo is an ASUS P5N-E SLI with Realtek HD audio on board. (It's a gaming rig that I also use as a kind of HTPC for Bluray and Freesat HD)

I see your point about most disks having a DTS track anyway but, a lot of disks I've got lately only have a True HD track in English and DTS in other languages. So for simplicity and consistent ease of use I leave the PDVD set to downmix and I get DTS 5.1 in every disc I play.
It's been a good set-up so far.
The only thing peaves me is crap PDVD updates that screw things up.

Sorry to disappoint, but you won't be able to buy it. It will be ... (drumroll) ... free.

Well, we might accept donations for SlyPlayer. ;)
Well... what to say... :bowdown: Once more, when I bought AnyDVD HD I could really not expect this level of customer care. First there was Reclock's resurrection, then you cracked open BD+... now this. I need to look into some other of your products because, really, you deserve all the money you get.

Thanks for your reply,
My receiver does not have HDMI. My Mobo is an ASUS P5N-E SLI with Realtek HD audio on board. (It's a gaming rig that I also use as a kind of HTPC for Bluray and Freesat HD)

I see your point about most disks having a DTS track anyway but, a lot of disks I've got lately only have a True HD track in English and DTS in other languages. So for simplicity and consistent ease of use I leave the PDVD set to downmix and I get DTS 5.1 in every disc I play.
It's been a good set-up so far.
The only thing peaves me is crap PDVD updates that screw things up.

TrueHD should have a Dolby Digital "core" track as well, so if you set it to S/PDIF without DTS downmixing you should be able to get DD with Dolby discs and DTS with DTS-HD discs. Haven't tried this stuff lately though, but I think you can still disable DTS downmixing and pass through the "core" tracks. The specs are designed like that.

TrueHD should have a Dolby Digital "core" track as well, so if you set it to S/PDIF without DTS downmixing you should be able to get DD with Dolby discs and DTS with DTS-HD discs. Haven't tried this stuff lately though, but I think you can still disable DTS downmixing and pass through the "core" tracks. The specs are designed like that.
SlyPlayer will be able to downmix anything to AC3 (Dolby Digital) @640kbit/s, just the way ReClock does at the moment.

I apologize if this has been asked but I did a search and didn't notice:

My big issue is that I would LOVE to take advantage of DXVA with mkvs, however I believe all players out there currently make you lose the ability to display subtitles embedded in mkvs with dxva. Hence I use ffdshow/mediacontrol.

I've read the technical reasons as to why this is the case, but I was wondering will this be the case with the Slyplayer, or will it be able to display subs and use dxva with mkvs (assuming dxva compatibility with the file encode)?

Also please add my vote to having this work as a VMC plug-in (or a way to have it "look" like it can integate seamlessly with VMC or similar applications.

Thanks again for the great work all around.

I'm pretty sure I'm using DXVA for H.264 and VC-1 with subs with MPC-HC. Am I missing something? I convert the SUP subs to idx/sub and they display fine, and DXVA works. I use the Cyberlink H.264 decoder and the internal VC1 decoder of MPC-HC.

Did James just say this Sly-Player will be 'FREE' when it's released?

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU AT SLYSOFT :clap:

I cannot wait to uninstall PowerDVD from my system. :bowdown:

I'm pretty sure I'm using DXVA for H.264 and VC-1 with subs with MPC-HC. Am I missing something? I convert the SUP subs to idx/sub and they display fine, and DXVA works. I use the Cyberlink H.264 decoder and the internal VC1 decoder of MPC-HC.

Yes MPC-HC is the only application that can do this because they wrote their own custom EVR renderer to account for this. Otherwise this is impossible in any other application, so I'd love it if it was in SlyPlayer :)

This is pushing it a bit but imagine a SlyPlayer/Ripper/shrinker.:rock:

Nice, thanks.

Player: I'm looking to move from PDVD (its latest trick is to stop for about 30sec about twice a movie?)
Ripper: already have anydvdhd, so sorted
Shrink: The icing on the cake

All in one would be cool though

Wow, that's unexpected. Thank You.

You've just added more value to my purchase of ANYDVDHD. Thanks

I'll second that observation on subtitles and DXVA. I'm also using the Cyberlink 7.3 H.264 decoder, in Zoomplayer, and subtitles embedded in MKV's or as external SRT files work just fine. CPU usage is under 10 at all times.

Sorry to disappoint, but you won't be able to buy it. It will be ... (drumroll) ... free.

I said it several times: Slysoft is the best software company on earth, and that really prooves it!

You guys make it once more to surprise me a lot! :bowdown:

There's only one answer:

:clap:

There's only one question:

when? ;)

SlyPlayer won't be able to decrypt on its own. Not CSS, not AACS, not BD+.
So having AnyDVD (HD) running will certainly help with playback.
Playback from files or unprotected images will work without AnyDVD, of course.

I expected that. That makes AnyDVD HD more valueable.

What files will be supported?
Is that "Playback from files" feature similar to VLC?

I could have sworn there was something about March posted here earlier this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back