SlySoft on Blu-ray BD+ crack: next time it will be easier

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Charlie, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Full Story on the link provided.

SlySoft on Blu-ray BD+ crack: next time it will be easier

2. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

Long live the revolution!!

:rock:

3. rfielder

rfielder Well-Known Member

Antigua? Neat! Are they hiring?

One item bothers me:
    In other works, Slysoft deliberately held back the crack to help ensure Blu-Ray won the war?

Maybe, if BD+ was known to be cracked, HD-DVD would have had a better chance?

4. Tom

Tom Redfox Team Member Staff Member

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Although I have read the same quote I do not believe that it was meant that way.

Remember that Slysoft supported HD-DVD all along and wanted it to be the winner. If HD-DVD had won it would have meant less headaches for Slysoft in terms of dealing with BD+ and any future changes made to it. Slysoft would only have had to deal with AACS which is only optional in the HD-DVD spec.

I can't and won't speak for Slysoft but the difference between December and March gave them access to more BD releases containing BD+ and the more discs they had to work with the more they could learn since they don't have official BD+ documentation.

I wish they had released the ability to handle BD+ sooner but waiting likely resulted in a better release. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure what impact this had on the outcome of the HD-DVD vs BD war.