• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft in future

Michaelp800

How long do slysoft and/or anydvd exsist? I just ask because I'm going to buy the forever-license of anydvd hd. Is anydvd still available in the future?

I think yes, and I hope so. But I need answers from u. :agree:

Last edited:
How long do slysoft and anydvd exsist? I just ask because I'm going to buy the forever-license of anydvd hd. Is anydvd still available in he future?

We exist for 10 years. (Check our homepage). Will we continue to exist? Well, I usually don't make forward looking statements. Bad Karma. But I certainly hope we will for quite a while.

Yeah, I hope so. Good work!
AnyDVD is a need! :clap:

How long do slysoft and/or anydvd exsist? I just ask because I'm going to buy the forever-license of anydvd hd. Is anydvd still available in the future?

I got LTL on all my software from them regardless if they will be around or not - I will have the software and downloads to keep for years to come....

Future for Slysoft

My reason for purchasing SlySoft products was motivated by my habit of buying DVDs overseas which had different region codes. Blu-rays are not a problem because the overseas source has the same region code. My concern is that in Australia there is a trend to download DVDs and Blu-rays rather than purchase discs these are invariably copy protected and SlySoft are philosophically opposed to producing a product to handle such downloads. I feel that the future of discs is being jeopardised by this trend and will impact on the growth of SlySoft.

My concern is that in Australia there is a trend to download DVDs and Blu-rays rather than purchase discs these are invariably copy protected and SlySoft.

Not to mention you have no way to verify if those don't contain some kinda malware or infection that could cripple your security in your A/V detectors. Unless those DVD/BD are ISO downloads I have reservation they are even the actual media from the manufacture-also I have yet to hear studios even allowing that kinda download. That is only from torrents and pirated sites IMO.

No, SlySoft will all get sued and shut down and/or the developers assassinated by economic hitmen in the next couple of years. Then all the people who downloaded it will be tracked down and sued as well. :D

But seriously, this is a silly question. No one knows the future.

Yes I would agree, the trend seems to be to download the movie from the internet or television service provider than to purchase a disk.

But here in region A (USA) the high speed internet service is no where is good as it is in some other countries. I have very high speed internet but limited to 12GB per month download, so I can't download any movies from the internet or television provider. My back-ups always start from a source disk.

I believe currently AnyDVD is so big, and their products are in such demand, and live in a country where some laws are exempt, and the development of new products is forthcoming, there is no need to worry about them going out of business.:agree:

Let’s hope it stay that way. On a side note fast eddie do you have satellite based service.

No, SlySoft will all get sued and shut down and/or the developers assassinated by economic hitmen in the next couple of years. Then all the people who downloaded it will be tracked down and sued as well. :D

But seriously, this is a silly question. No one knows the future.

Put this way since they aren't located in the US and the laws can't be applied to another Country. I doubted unless that country wants every part of their financial conglomerate audited the US will be crying til their faces turn blue. That last line logic makes no sense...if you go buy that saying then the smokers can sue all the people whom worked on the farms that grew the tobacco cause it caused them Lung cancer along with the manufacture???

Put this way since they aren't located in the US and the laws can't be applied to another Country. I doubted unless that country wants every part of their financial conglomerate audited the US will be crying til their faces turn blue. That last line logic makes no sense...if you go buy that saying then the smokers can sue all the people whom worked on the farms that grew the tobacco cause it caused them Lung cancer along with the manufacture???

The US government fined, raided and confiscated company property legally obtained, even came close to shutting down a guitar manufacturer (Gibson Guitars) twice. All without trial or charges being filed beforehand (edited to add) supposedly for violating some law in the country Gibson purchased their wood from, all despite the sales being repeatedly approved by the US government as required by US law (finish edit). Tell your load of bull regarding inability to enforce foreign law to the employees and owners of Gibson Guitar. The EU pulls the same bogus legal shenanigans all the time as well.

Last edited:
Since we are talking about the Future...

I noticed that all of the software installs says under the EULA that the license to use this will end on 12-31-2050. I'm assuming if Slysoft is still around, that will be increased to some future date? Is there a "kill" code in the software that will actually end it or is this just letting users know the Lifetime updates ends on 12-31-2050?

I'm not sure about you, but I hope I am still around by then and would like to continue to use these great software. Especially if users use this software to "archive" their own purchased items.

Last edited:
I wonder if discs (cd/dvd/blu-ray/???) will still be around in 2050?

I wonder that as well. But if we have stuff on "discs" then we would still need to be able to use the software. Just curious since it seemed strange that we can only use this until 2050. I do not remember seeing this in other software.

I think that is what the Library of Congress was discussing as well. How do we retrieve archived items stored on DVD, CD or other media format. Not that the Library of Congress use this software 8) I was more curious about the date issue.

Is there a "kill" code in the software that will actually end it or is this just letting users know the Lifetime updates ends on 12-31-2050?

I think the License agreement is just terms and conditions you agree to before installing the software. I don't think for one minute the software will just stop working at the end of 2050.

Also, I'm not 100% if this applies everywhere (in the world), but you have to be of a certain age to be able to officially "agree" to the License conditions before installing software. (i.e. a License agreement could be void if a 9 year old child installs software).

Maybe someone could clarify that.

Last edited:
2050? No Way, the technology will be outdated, they will be like the old 45 rpm and 331/3 rpm records. In fact they are starting to get outdated in to days technology.

That doesn't mean they won't be around. You can still buy LPs and turntables. You can buy turntables that have USB. I still have 5 1/4 floppies and cassettes, and the means to access them. Hell, I still have software on cassettes. I've read those by simply plugging a cassette player into my computer's sound card, and ran the software (games) on emulators.

I don't think it matters how old technology is. There will also be some way to access it. There are a lot of us that are into old tech.

I'll be 81 in 2050. I think I'll have other things to be getting on with rather than worrying about backing up discs or whatever :D

Back