slow?? right now i have 1499 min to go???

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Boomer, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Boomer

Boomer Member

so it's saying I have 1499 minutes to go? How did this happen....I've never had this trouble copying....it usually is about 27 minutes total....onto the computer, then onto a disc.....Thoughts? suggestions? Please...before i ....well....not really sure what I'm gonna do!! Thanks in advance!!

Boomer

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
    i) Windows XP?
    ii) Windows Vista?
    iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
    Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

2. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
    If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

4) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

5) Ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.9.3 or 6.1.9.4 beta

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. Boomer

Boomer Member

Re: Slow

But i don't understand, I haven't changed anything, i just burned something last week with no problem. Are all these settings going to change themselves?

4. Webslinger

They can, especially the DMA settings.

Follow the steps and answer the questions--or suit yourself.

5. Boomer

Boomer Member

Ok...this Should Be The Zip File...i Tried The Dma...it's Enablesd

Attached Files:

6. Webslinger

You still need to answer

1b), 2, 3, and 4 from my previous post.

7. Webslinger

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    v. Click "properties".
    vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
    viii. Start Anydvd

AFC from Arcsoft does tend to cause conflicts with Slysoft software.

Do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "AFC". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

If you happen to have Drive Letter Access on your system, I would do the same thing for drvmcdb. Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter will no longer work properly.

8. Coaster

Coaster Well-Known Member

@ Boomer,

From the AnyDVD_Info_D_DVD_VIDEO.zip file AnyDVD_Status.Txt posted in your #5 posting ->

“Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
    TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-H553A DE04 0630M
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)”

Your Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corp TS-H553A DVD Burner does not have a Region set. For the AnyDVD software program to operate and function correctly requires that the DVD device have a Region set.

To set the Region on your DVD device note the steps outlined in item #22 in the below referenced Forum posting ->

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083

Regards,
    Coaster

9. Webslinger

10. Coaster

Coaster Well-Known Member

@ Webslinger,

Opps!- Sorry that I “OVERLOOKED” your #7 posting in this thread.

Regards,
    Coaster

11. Webslinger

No problem

12. TBpirate

TBpirate New Member

I've fixed this problem on my computer

It turns out that I started having this problem about 2 weeks ago. No settings were changed. I checked for virus, spyware, etc and did not find any. My CPU was constantly showing 100%. The culprit was spoolsv.exe After googling CPU 100%, I found my solution.

AnyDvd recent update did not cause this problem.

1. I uninstalled AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and Avast Antivirus but left the registration info.
    2. Rebooted my computer.
    3. Deleted all files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS. Only the files. I left the folder. I read that if there are printer files hung up, then it uses the CPU to try to print them in the back ground.
    4. Rebooted my computer.
    5. Reinstalled AnyDVD, CLoneDVD and Avast Antivirus.
    6. Rebooted computer again.
    7. Successfully copied one of my DVDs that was saying I had 1440 minutes to go. Also I can fly through the internet. It was really slow eventhough I'm on cable DSL.

When I check my CPU usage under Task Manager, I no longer have Spoolsv.exe, explorer.exe or iexplorer.exe hogging all of the CPU.

I hope this helps you. This was a fix for my problem and I hope it helps you fix your problem. It takes me about 1 hr to back up a dvd because I'm on an older P3 with 900 mghz.

13. Webslinger

Thank you very much for posting this. :clap:

14. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

make sure you connect your printer and do all your printing before burning a dvd then?