• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow reading speed new laptop win7 corei5

gus738

hey guys i just got a new laptop with a core i5 its a acer aspire 5740-6378 a few days ago, i downloaded the latest anydvd 6.6.0.9 and clonedvd 2.9.2.7

i tested different dvds and im getting reading speed of 30+ mins

i downloaded img burn but when i try to remove the packet wirting software it wont work.

core i5 2.2 ghz 4 gb ddr3 ram 320 hdd 5400k windows 7 home and i believe i have 64 bit.

i also tried anydvd ripper mode and still takes forever. i tried different original movies same issue.

Last edited:
post a logfile first, before you claim not to have any packet writing software

ok its here and i claim because img burn did not report any

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.9_Info_D_ULTIMATE_GROW.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
Well i wonder what these are then.

from sysinfo.txt

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
NTIDrvr (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTIDrvr.sys), Version: 1.0.0.9 (1.0.0.9)
Company: NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Product:
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002~2009 NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 9
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 9

WARNING: Problematic Filter found, this filter is known to cause issues with AnyDVD

UBHelper (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\UBHelper.sys), Version: 2.0.0.11 (2.0.0.11)
Company: NewTech Infosystems Corporation
Product: UBHelper
Copyright: Copyright (C) NTI Corp. 2006~2009
Description: NTI CDROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 2, 0, 0, 11
ProductVersion: 2, 0, 0, 11

WARNING: Problematic Filter found, this filter is known to cause issues with AnyDVD. You can remove the problematic filters with imgburn via load filter list. Please note that any (packet writing) software that uses those filters may stop working correctly.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.9)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N 1.01 09/07/08 7U01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1833440 sectors (3580 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ULTIMATE_GROW
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!

You are using version 6.6.0.9. This is the latest release version. You can however download the latest beta HERE wich is 6.6.2.2

Not CSS protected, region free. This is not a retail DVD. Please insert the original disc and create a new logfile.

Last edited:
it is an original movie its just low budget very low amount of comercial movies are like this, but my issue is also on other blockbuster movies as well and it looks like any other orginal movie. and i also scaned another original movie..

and how is the logfile not complete? all i did was right click anydvd create logfile that it.

Attachments

• img burn.jpg
    img burn.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture0028.jpg
    Picture0028.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture0031.jpg
    Picture0031.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
so what can i do to fix it or delete thoses packets

what i do to delete those packets? Img burn wont find any.

also how can i check like if its on ultra dma or pio mode?

Ok so i posted a log file guys i took pictures for proof its original movie. what else do i do? please help or guide me for further instructions.

Ok so i posted a log file guys i took pictures for proof its original movie. what else do i do? please help or guide me for further instructions.
Backup a movie you own. Your pictures mean nothing, we need a complete log file.

That not a commercial DVD but a how to DVD on growing plants I know this does not help with CloneDVD but have you tried using CloneCD as that might work for you as it has bailed me out of jams like this with a few DVDs I have

Here are different mutiple log files of different movies.

also the drive makes a very noticeable sound noise when it starts to create log files....

could this be a case of bad dvd drive? even though this is a new laptop

also how do check on window's 7 to see if my drives are set to pio or ultra dma

and i cannot use clonecd as it requires 2 dvd drives and i have a laptop

also when i try to remove those wiriting packets from img burn it wont work, i click remove refresh it and still there

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.9_Info_D_BLOW.zip
    189.8 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_6.6.0.9_Info_D_AMERICAN_PIE_BETA_HOUSE.zip
    125.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
slysoft please help

do the mods want to close this useless thread

my issue is still not solved.

the trial versions of anydvd and clonedvd are going to expired and so far its a useless software that i cannot make it work

i mean for crying out loud even my xps gen 2 with 3.4ghz with hyper threading (when it was first introduced) 1GB ram with xp was faster and this is a what 4-6yr pc.

my laptop has a core i5 and i have less then 2 weeks with it.

i did use img burn and it wont remove the attached software even though i click remove it.

the software isnt useless and neither is your system mate. As i've stated in my first post. The disc probably isnt an original one. If it is its a BADly made one. Yes it can be.

From your blow logfile

Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit)

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
NTIDrvr (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTIDrvr.sys), Version: 1.0.0.9 (1.0.0.9)
Company: NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Product:
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002~2009 NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 9
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 9
UBHelper (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\UBHelper.sys), Version: 2.0.0.11 (2.0.0.11)
Company: NewTech Infosystems Corporation
Product: UBHelper
Copyright: Copyright (C) NTI Corp. 2006~2009
Description: NTI CDROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 2, 0, 0, 11
ProductVersion: 2, 0, 0, 11
You still have not removed the bad filters.

From some research i have done across several boards, the drive you're using is not fully compatible with a 64bit OS. So that might be the cause of your slow reading speed. I cannot confirm this however.

Also you are still running 6.6.0.9 even though i asked you to upgrade to version 6.6.2.2 beta from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=38213. As stated in that topic Trials CAN use that version.

It is not our problem you chose to ignore offered help

ok forget about that movie i posted a log file of other original movies.

every time i try to remove the bad filters it does not i refresh it and i exit and i run img burn again its still there the dumb nti filter.

my system is 64bit so you are saying the dvd drive may not be compatible with my system?

is anydvd compatible with windows 7 and 64 bit?

and how can i check in windows 7 if my drive is on pio or dma?

Last edited:
wait i just thought of something. could the drive be on some kind of lock mode so it stays at certain speeds or to made to prevent to rip a dvd i dont know if its called drive lock or speed lock.
could this be a chance?

as far as the filters are concerned, select the appropriate filter, press remove selected filter. Repeat for the filters. If the filters are still there, boot into safe mode and repeat the process. Should do the trick.

As far as your drive, yes thats exactly what i'm saying.

http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8242 several other boards claim the same and all relate to some driver issue. Just google "hl-dt-st dvdram gt30n 64 bit" and pretty much every result will be some kind of combination of your drive & driver

The DMA or PIO mode can with most systems only be seen from the BIOS. Check there.
AnyDVD works flawless on W7 and 64bit (im using Vista 64 for the moment but not for much longer. 0 issues here) my laptop on W7 32bit also no issues.

It is possible that your drive is affected by what is called the "RIPLOCK" feature. This feature embedded in (some) drives, directly affects the read speed to a point where it will limit the speed just up to the point that is sufficient for fluent disc playback and acceptable noise levels.

RIPLOCK can be removed with Media Speed Code Edit available at http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/ provided your drive is supported.

so how can i fix my drive with the 64bit?

how can acer built a drive with a 64 bit version if such issue....

Thanks alot i'll try what you suggested and i'll report back. by the way my mother board is mobile intel hm55 express

what is the latest version out? i tried updating via update with internet and it said i have latest. how is the accuracy of these results?

and im looking for a way to pull information of my dvd drive, would riplock be that?

as far as the filters are concerned, select the appropriate filter, press remove selected filter. Repeat for the filters. If the filters are still there, boot into safe mode and repeat the process. Should do the trick.

As far as your drive, yes thats exactly what i'm saying.

http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8242 several other boards claim the same and all relate to some driver issue. Just google "hl-dt-st dvdram gt30n 64 bit" and pretty much every result will be some kind of combination of your drive & driver

The DMA or PIO mode can with most systems only be seen from the BIOS. Check there.
AnyDVD works flawless on W7 and 64bit (im using Vista 64 for the moment but not for much longer. 0 issues here) my laptop on W7 32bit also no issues.

It is possible that your drive is affected by what is called the "RIPLOCK" feature. This feature embedded in (some) drives, directly affects the read speed to a point where it will limit the speed just up to the point that is sufficient for fluent disc playback and acceptable noise levels.

RIPLOCK can be removed with Media Speed Code Edit available at http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/ provided your drive is supported.

Fixing the drive is rather impossible. The only way i see it would be to replace the laptop drive. If you do, make sure it is NOT a matshushita drive. Those have the drive region HARDWARE EMBEDDED and not with firmware. Wich can cause a lot of problems when backing up discs not from the same region. It would simply not read them. Another option would be to get an external burner.

What do you mean by "latest version". Simply reboot and press delete (normally the default button to enter the BIOS, this can be different such as for some laptops / systems it can be F12 or similar. This varies upon system). This does not really matter.

riplock does not derive information from your drive. Riplock slows down the data transfer rate from disc to HDD/player for noise levels. MCSE can remove the riplock and allow data transfer at full speed. Doing so may result in slight increase in noise levels. I have done this myself on all 3 of the drives in my signature and do not hear any significant noise increase with playback straight from disc. Only time i sometimes have an increase in noise is when ripping from my GH20 but nothing major, and when you have 3 drives and rip 3 discs at the same time the noise is negligable and you don't really do much during that time.

the reason why i asked by latest version was because it might fix any driver or bios or such. and i couldnt find my drive being availabe maybe im looking at the right place? and i dont mind noise over performance.
is that brand panasonic? why avoid those and how would i be able to tell before purchasing? and if i buy the same laptop are they same drives?

Last edited:
Back