• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

She-Ra Season 1 Volume 2 Disc 2 Error Read at 77%

Thanks. I tried CloneDVD, but couldn't find an actual download link for DVDShrink.

I bought an ASUS SDRW-08U9M-U USB DVD drive to test out a different brand and still have the same problem with both discs with AnyDVD, MakeMKV, WinX DVD, and CloneDVD. Setting the options to remove the menus doesn't work either, unfortunately.

I think it just comes down to mastering errors, which is unfortunate as these are the only two discs out 65 of the entire Masters of the Universe Collection that I own that can't be backed up.

If anyone would be willing to try on their system, I'd happily send the discs.
If you want a clean and virus/malware-free copy of DVDShrink, please go to Videohelp dot com /software/DVD-Shrink (I intentionally put spaces in between video help and the rest), or Google videohelp.

I would try that copy of DVDShrink first. Just use Shrink itself, not with AnyDVD running. I don't believe She-Ra used any structural copy protection.

Near as I recall, I had those She-Ra discs years ago and they decrypted fine. I've since gotten rid of those, so I can't test it again to see.

One the Videohelp DVD Shrink download page there are two different versions available. The original file that can burn DVD Shrink's ISO output to disc by launching DVD Decrypter, or a revised version that launches Imgburn. I've used the modified version for years, launching Imgburn is a very nice feature.

Were there any other changes to the revised version of DVDShrink other than modifying it to launch ImgBurn?

AFAIK the change to Imgburn wasn't a change to the program via source code, it was a hex-edit hack. But I can confirm it does work, and works well.

So.....to answer your question there are no other changes that I know of to DVD Shrink, even the versioning number is the same.

In my experience the age of DVD Shrink means you should not having AnyDVD running in the background doing its disc decryption. Otherwise DVD Shrink may likely bomb. DVD Shrink accesses the disc structure differently than AnyDVD present it.

Either:

1. Exit AnyDVD and run DVD Shrink on the disk.

2a. Rip the disc to your HD and plug the resulting file/folder setup into DVD Shrink.

2b. If you ripped as an ISO mount that ISO and let DVD Shrink access the disc as a disc structure.

I personally would try #1 first. I do 2a/2b all the time when I process any DVDs. Only when a particular DVD has a rip issue with AnyDVD do I try 1.

Should that fail, ripping the disc using DVD Shrink without AnyDVD running in the background, you could try a simple Windows file copy. Copy the files/folders from the disc to your HD. Again, without AnyDVD running. In the past I've had to do that with a couple of older DVDs that had problems with AnyDVD.

Last edited:
This all nice, but won't help the OP...

Back