• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request select country and services before starting program

filmgal

My main wish for Anystream is to be able to set the country and providers before starting the program (maybe with different profiles?)

Why?

I have separate accounts in two countries:
- Canada (Netflix, Amazon Prime) and
- US (American Amazon Prime (+ channels), HBO Max.)

Depending on where I am and what I need to get, I use a VPN.

I would love to have two pre-set profiles that I create and save (US, CAN) that would auto set anystream to the proper 'region' and the appropriate providers with their various usernames/logins. Clicking on Anystream would ask me which pre-set I wanted to use, or something like that.

The way it works now is a tad stressful.
I have to remember which country I was using last (and I *never* remember!).
I go ahead and click Anystream and then I notice that I'm in the wrong region and have to quickly remove all of the providers by logging out of each one, then I have to change the region, then exit the program, and come back in and set everything anew.

I realize that I am not in the majority of users. If I had to guess, most users do not have accounts in various countries, meaning they use VPN with fingers crossed and hope their local accounts will get them what they need from the other country.

First of all, I +1 that. I might have mentioned it already, but I think it makes no sense to start AS, change the region and the restart it instead of just opening a new tab for the other region.

So I want to suggest two things:
-A setting to tell AS if the provider tab should be autoloaded when I open it or not. When it is set to P+ but I want to go to Amz, then it makes no sense for it to start loading P+.
-Instead of the need to change the region and then restart AS, just let us do more than one tab per provider. I could have one Amz ger tab and the other one is Amz jp. That way I don't ever have to change the region of AS itself and restart it. When I want to have another region, I open a new tab where I can select the provider and then the region.

However,
by logging out of each one
you don't have to logout when changing the region. Don't know why I should even do that unless it causes issues.

you don't have to logout when changing the region. Don't know why I should even do that unless it causes issues.

But if I don't want Netflix to think that I went from the US to Canada and back to the US all within 20 minutes, wouldn't I have to logout of my Netflix account when going from US to Canada or would it be enough to just close the provider tab?

But if I don't want Netflix to think that I went from the US to Canada and back to the US all within 20 minutes, wouldn't I have to logout of my Netflix account when going from US to Canada or would it be enough to just close the provider tab?

You can't go to Canada in 20 minutes but Netflix doesn't know you're the only one member of your family using it.

Last edited:
Netflix doesn't know you're the only one member of your family using it.

True. I still prefer to be hyper-vigilant and remain under the radar as much as possible.

RQUOTE="filmgal, post: 595554, member: 159860"]But if I don't want Netflix to think that I went from the US to Canada and back to the US all within 20 minutes,[/QUOTE]Right, haven't thought of that as I haven't used VPN on NF before, only Amz and there I have to use a different account anyway.

or would it be enough to just close the provider tab?
That should also log you out when I remember it correctly. But I have never done it and that is only the way I remember it right now. Doesn't have to be right.

Back