• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

Would this thread be the quickest way to be notified when Slyplayer is available for download?

Not really but in the announcements section you'd be notified if you subscribe to it.

I have every confidence that SLYPLAYER will be released onthe day that the fix for Cinavia is announced:)

I have every confidence that SLYPLAYER will be released onthe day that the fix for Cinavia is announced:)

I have my suspicions about that as well, but considering that Slysoft will not be required to enforce Sony's Cinavia standard in their player I doubt if it does happen that it will be nothing more than a coincidence.

I think it will happen like that too- because SLYPLAYER IS the FIX! :)

Cinavia must be recognized by the player, otherwise it is ignored and has no use.

This is because older bluray players have to be able to play new disks. If they are updated to be cinavia aware, then they will detect it. Otherwise, the cinavia signals are ignored.

I think my understanding is correct, and if so Slyplayer will solve the problem by not recognizing it...

Is this correct? Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

SlyPlayer will not follow Cinavia's orders and will simply ignore it whether it's there or not.

Ok cool- so in a way, Slyplayer is the ultimate cinavia crack! :)

Yes and no. It's good that we'll have a player that ignores it. It's bad that it's still there as it degrades the audio quality even if it can't be heard. I shouldn't have stupid signals embedded in my pure HD audio experience. Better to remove it without audio degradation if possible.

Yes and no. It's good that we'll have a player that ignores it. It's bad that it's still there as it degrades the audio quality even if it can't be heard. I shouldn't have stupid signals embedded in my pure HD audio experience. Better to remove it without audio degradation if possible.

Cinavia's claim is no effect on Audio quality. Maybe the signature
is inserted during quiet times.

Cinavia could be something marginally akin to Dolby Noise Reduction so it doesn't degrade audio quality when not "triggered".

All this is, and will continue to be, pure speculation and moonshine until the actual implementation is either leaked by an industry insider or reverse-engineered.

Cinavia could be something marginally akin to Dolby Noise Reduction so it doesn't degrade audio quality when not "triggered".

All this is, and will continue to be, pure speculation and moonshine until the actual implementation is either leaked by an industry insider or reverse-engineered.

I'll agree with you that alot of the discussion on here is speculation as we don't yet know the full implementation of Cinavia yet. However, Samuri is correct in that it does "change" the sound quality since it can be heard. This has been proven.

You can do it yourself by letting a camcorder record while a movie containing Cinavia is running. The Camcorder doesn't need to be pointed at the Cinavia infected movie; hell, it doesn't even need to be in the same room if the movie audio is loud enough. Now burn that recording to disk and try to play it back on your PS3. After the alloted time, you will get the Cinavia warning for whatever strain of Cinavia the camcorder picked up.

So Cinavia is not just some mysterious digital signal that communicates with infected players. The audio element in a camcorder responds to analog singals, meaning that Cinavia is part of the sound that comes from the speakers. So yes, i agree that the sound is degraded since you have frequencies that are not part of the original sound mixed in with the audio. Think this is too harsh an opinion. Well, people spend thousands of dollars sometimes on audio equipment that doesn't add harmonics to the audio signal. There is even a rating that measures the audible harmonic frequency added by the hardware vs the original signal.

So that type of harmonic signal is bad, yet harmonics added on purpose is somehow good?? In my opinion, this is unacceptable for a home video protection scheme and i'm really surprised that consumer groups have not been more vocal about this.

some people claim they have the biggest p*nis.

Some people do and some don't.

From the Cinavia website

How does Cinavia technology work?
Movies protected by Cinavia technology carry inaudible codes
embedded by the copyright owner in their audio tracks that
indicate where and how they are allowed to be used.

I'm just the messenger - don't shoot the messenger

Not shooting. Educating. Their claims are complete nonsense. You can't embed a signal in the analog LPCM track before compressing with TrueHD or DTS-HD MA and NOT affect the audio quality. No matter what they say.

Not shooting. Educating. Their claims are complete nonsense.

They clearly got some magicians employed...

I am sooo fed up with this kind of marketing sweet talk. They are pretty much nothing but a bunch of bull**** bingo players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. The DRM is for YOUR benefit. LOL. I'm not sure what happened to the concept of OWNING something anymore. Now it's all about a specific license attached to a terms of use. Oh you want to stream your legally purchased content to other devices in your house? You need to buy another license. So....I did. A license for AnyDVD. Problem solved. :D SlyPlayer will make Cinavia go away, as well, but, it will take CloneBD to really remove this nonsense from our movies rather than just ignoring it.

P.S. Please watch the language. I've edited your post.

None of us know when that might be.

Do We :(

Unfortunately not. If stupid studios like Fox would give it a rest maybe they'd have more time to work on it rather than screwing around with BD+. :) There's time, though. So far none of the commercial players detect Cinavia on the PC. As such the issue isn't critical yet. Still, I agree that it'd be nice for SlyPlayer to get released. A full featured player without all the DRM crap weighing it down would be nice. Personally I've mostly stopped using commercial players. I do use TMT5 once in a while, but, my chosen open source solution works quite well. I've added a new commercial player to my systems recently, but, that's because I LOVE the library management feature. J River's MC16 using the open source directshow filters really rocks. However, you can do the same with any directshow application. The only thing we lose are the menus and aweful previews. Oh darn...the movie starts right away. sigh. :D No Cinavia in any of that. Nor will there ever be.

Back