• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

Wasapi

Hi, not sure if anyone has mentioned a feature request for WASAPI audio output? would love this feature.

mplayer

I use mplayer all the time for certain things. I _love_ mplayer and _admire_ the skill of their core team (these guys really know their math and their assembler, and are more security conscious than 99% of the coders out there), their focus has never been on the great user interface experience (they state that as a different skill set IIRC).

Obvious to anyone using SS products, the user interface experience is fantastic, as well as at least good enough on whatever blackmagic needs to happen at the ugly bit/data struture level. Note they are definitely aware of mplayer/ffmpeg as they use it for clonedvd mobile!

So I think the best HTPC user experience would be a standalone SS player. Now, if it was open source and had an LGPL compatible license I'm confident in time aspects of it would get into mplayer.

Note that for a long time mplayer has been able to demux and decode decrypted HD discs. I think it is the only current option for native OSX/Linux playback, in fact.
ok stupid question ....what is mplayer????

feature request:

I just a D-Box system with the PC Based Motion Controller, the MCI 2P. What I m looking for is a HTPC solution so I can enjoy both lossless audio through my ATI HD5XXX card and send the lossy signal separate and in sync to my MCI 2P controller (which does not support HDMI and only has SPDIF support).

IS this even possible with a W7 HTPC and if so, could Arcsoft make this possible? If so, I would get a Arcsoft license right away.

See also the AVS D-Box thread for further information:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=793724&page=125&highlight=d+box

Thanks for input.

Any information on whether or not Slyplayer will handle 3d content output?

:D:D:D

Yeah and I want it to offer 4K and SHV playback. By the time it comes out these will be standard, along with our 1Gb/s FTTH Internet connections

You do?? So...you must have inside knowledge of this fact? Otherwise....

come on guys, we all know now that this is a dead project.

You do?? So...you must have inside knowledge of this fact? Otherwise....

Darn, the cat's out the bag. We tried to keep it quiet, but couldn't fool you:disagree:

Well........I guess this means that everyone can stop asking about it now:doh:

'spose someone should tell the developers that they should stop working on the program cuz, I mean, sanderh knows everything, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
entertainment can be a subjective thing

I don't know, but I find the speculation about the player, et al rather amusing.

The fat lady always stands up to sing eventually and sometimes this just take more time than many like......

'spose someone should tell the developers that they should stop working on the program cuz, I mean, sanderh knows everything, right? :rolleyes:

sanderh is on my ignore list for quite a while for good reason.

Yep, it's ready when it's ready, but I for one, am very confident that it will be ready at some point.

I do have a question, perhaps this isn't the right place, perhaps it is....?????

Anydvd HD works great under parallels or fusion on a mac.
Is it possible/likely that slyplayer might do the same???

I understand that bitstreaming is likely not possible, but video playback alone would be something...powerdvd refuses to even install in a virtual environment, and the default virtual graphics adaptors in fusion/parallels dont support blu-ray (hdcp/protected path issues I suspect).

Any kind words from the sly-gods would be very appreciated..

Cheers.

That's going to be a difficult environment to get smooth playback in. You can always try it when it comes out. I mean, it's free, so, you've nothing to lose. :D

That's going to be a difficult environment to get smooth playback in. You can always try it when it comes out. I mean, it's free, so, you've nothing to lose. :D

Yep, you are right....I'm hoping that if it installs and works then throwing enough cpu and memory at it might help.

Powerdvd wont even install, I haven't tried arcsoft.

VLC will allow the blu-rays to be played if you find the m2ts file (and it's unprotected. but it only works with varying degrees of success..

What I really want is for slysoft to release sly-player for Mac........but then I also want a Ferrari.... :) and I suspect I know which is more likely. :)

Back