• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

I attempted to use my new speed reading technique:D to go over the list, so i might have missed this request. If not, i would like to add:

Can Slysoft find a way to override the default player used in Media Center so that it is the player of choice.

It's a bit of a selfish request, but what i'm trying to get at is for whatever reason, Brian over at MyMovies won't code in logic to select your own SD player. There is a hack to allow it, but it's really just that, a hack. I would just love if the player can be integrated into Media Center so Windows can chose it over its own crappy player (although i must say that the one in Win7 is pretty decent)

What about .m2ts containers directly? Or is that just an assumption with Blu Ray capability?

I simply hope for the barebones stuff. Basically I want to get the digital signal out of the machine as cleanly as possible, preferably without any conversion or downsampling or anything else. Set the screen refresh and resolution according to the source and pump out the data. My receiver will take care of the rest.

Hopefully they can find a way to do that for HD audio.
That is simply a major pain in the *ss right now.

We all agree with that. :) TMT3 with a Xonar is currently the best I've seen and that's stilll got issues. I'm hoping they'll have those solved soon but the reality is you shouldn't need to shell out 200 bucks for a specialized audio card just to do audio.

I've been looking at that solution too, but I'm not keen on getting into a situation where successful playback will probably depend on "having just the right driver with just the right version of TMT with just the right service pack of just the right OS". Not with the proud tradition of feature crippling that all major software players seem to follow.

I'm still curious about the good old Creative Live 5.1 though. That card had a proprietary connector on the back to drive Cambridge Soundworks speakers. But basically, that was just a 3-channel 3,5mm jack that carried 3 SPDIF signals simultaneously. If you happen to own 3 stereo D/A converters...

All I want is BD and HDDVD playback with unmolested sound via analog and HW for XP SP3!! Otherwise my P4 2.8 HTPC with an AGP ATI 2600 Pro won't cope!!

.....not much then!! ;)

I haven't seen this mentioned... for goodness' sake, please provide some means of analog output for true 2.1/4.1 systems. A complete channel mapping interface ala FFDShow with trim/gain would be wonderful. Can't wait to see what you cook up!

I haven't seen this mentioned... for goodness' sake, please provide some means of analog output for true 2.1/4.1 systems. A complete channel mapping interface ala FFDShow with trim/gain would be wonderful. Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Yeah I'd love that sort of thing.. channel mapping, discrete channel delays, discrete channel EQs.. oh and some automatic EQ setup via microphone, is that too much to ask? :p

(Actually I'm quite sure that free software will one day better the likes of room correction like Audyssey)

Of course.. what would be better is actually having something that barely works. We want Alpha! We want Alpha! :p

OMG!!!!
One more in line for this player.
I have been looking for this solution for a long time. I heve my Onkyo 805 for a year now, and never saw its DTS-MA or TrueHD lights on!!!

OMG!!!!
I have been looking for this solution for a long time. I heve my Onkyo 805 for a year now, and never saw its DTS-MA or TrueHD lights on!!!

...and you won't with SlyPlayer neither (at least in its first release).

SIGH. Nor will you NEED to see those lights lit up with SlyPlayer. Yes, they said that if possible they'd add bitstreaming audio support at some point. However, the entire point of SlyPlayer in the first place is to provide unmolested audio. As has been explained many many times, DTS-HD MA and TrueHD are nothing more than compressed LPCM tracks. When you bitstream, you are sending the compressed track to your receiver for it to then decode into the raw LPCM for playback. SlyPlayer will simply decode the audio tracks (CORRECTLY! This is the KEY!!!!) at the player level and send the raw LPCM to the receiver. No pretty lights, but, bit perfect audio. This could be done RIGHT NOW with the other players if they weren't adament about down sampling to 16 bit. So don't worry about your pretty lights. Just enjoy bit perfect audio with SlyPlayer from day 1 of its release.

SIGH. Nor will you NEED to see those lights lit up with SlyPlayer. Yes, they said that if possible they'd add bitstreaming audio support at some point. However, the entire point of SlyPlayer in the first place is to provide unmolested audio. As has been explained many many times, DTS-HD MA and TrueHD are nothing more than compressed LPCM tracks. When you bitstream, you are sending the compressed track to your receiver for it to then decode into the raw LPCM for playback. SlyPlayer will simply decode the audio tracks (CORRECTLY! This is the KEY!!!!) at the player level and send the raw LPCM to the receiver. No pretty lights, but, bit perfect audio. This could be done RIGHT NOW with the other players if they weren't adament about down sampling to 16 bit. So don't worry about your pretty lights. Just enjoy bit perfect audio with SlyPlayer from day 1 of its release.

Tks, SamuriHL, I know that, I actually use LPCM multichannel from my ati4650 and PDVD8 (urrrh!). But, you know, you never know what happened to your soundtrack once it´s converted to pcm (down sampled or not! and of course I beliave SlyPlayer will not do that!) . If I get bitstream, I know it´s the original audio...

AHHH, forget it... I just wanna see the lights!!!! :D

LOL. I've gone through a lot of trouble with my HTPC set up to "see the lights" and I don't really believe it's worth the effort. At least not right now. Yes, bitstreaming it nice, don't get me wrong, but, it requires a Xonar card right now which is not what I'd consider a great all purpose card. It requires TMT3 (for us 7 users anyway...everyone else can use ASUS TMT2) which is having its own set of problems at the moment. It's a real good time. :rolleyes: All to see the lights. :)

OMG!!!!

maybe you could hot-wire the lights behind the logos to a key on the remote.. that way you could get the little rush of false fulfillment whenever you like ;)

Feature Request List:
Support for external soundcards like XONAR and Auzentech

why dont add realtek ALC889A chipset? it's bitstream capable too .

To keep it all in perspective, 2008 did see the first transmission by satellite of a new standard called Super Hi-Vision: 4000 line x 8000 pixels/line with 22.2 audio. (That's 22 channels + 2 subwoofer channels.) How many lights does your receiver have? 8)

Oh, the native bitrate is 24 Gbit/sec, compressed to around 140 Mbit/sec. Wow. Oh well, maybe in version 3 of SlyPlayer? :D

Will this come with a h.264 codec that we can use for other programs like Mediaportal for h.264 TV and h.264 movie ripps aswell? And the same with MPEG-2 codec?

Will this come with a h.264 codec that we can use for other programs like Mediaportal for h.264 TV and h.264 movie ripps aswell? And the same with MPEG-2 codec?

Presumably, to be a HDDVD/BD player it will have MPEG2, H264 and VC1 support, but it will avoid DirectShow so my guess is no you won't be able to use them in external software without specific support for them. A more useful question might be - will it decode DTS-HD Master Audio because its difficult? Or will it simply decode the DTS core and say it does, relying on the fact that people won't be able to tell the difference?

Back