• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Sad news for Cyberlink's PowerDVD users.

I have PowerDVDUltra10 and it works fine on my computer. I don't even use it, if I watch on my computer I use VLC.

You need to rip and decrypt your uhd disk to a folder or iso file using anydvd. For the iso file rip, you mount the iso using virtual clone drive and you point powerdvd at the virtual clone drive letter and play using the vcd drive letter. For a folder rip, you point power dvd at the ripped folder and play. I believe that you do not want to keep protection so turn that off in anydvd

Why? I use keep protection on every ISO I make. Works just fine.

Thanks for the clarification. I always thought that you needed to remove protection

Naw. Mount the protected ISO and let AnyDVD work its magic in realtime. The benefit is you can change the options as desired on the protected ISO.

Got powerdvd 22 to play a 4k uhd disk using ryzen 7600x and rtx4070. I had to load the latest powerdvd update meant for Intel 13 CPUs. Used anydvd hd and makemkv driver with pioneer bdr-s12uht firmware 1.02.

There must be what appears to be a bug in PowerDVD 22. Since its installation, whenever I run it the first time a pop-up message turns up on-screen saying that I am missing new features, and advising to update. However, when I click on the link the site says that it is not available. As of a few days ago the message turns up but immediately disappears. At any rate, I tested another 4K disc and the playback is still working. Needless to say, I am not willing to open a support ticket for such a nonsense.

Well, November is almost over and PowerDVD is still playing 4K discs. So much for the "lack of support" per se. As far as I concerned, this topic is over. Apparently there is nothing to worry about, I hope!

Well, Happy New Year everyone!

PowerDVD continues to play UHD Blu-Ray discs, and at least in my gear with an excellent video quality. Thus, I now think this threat is over, since November has passed and nothing happened.

In retrospect, the deprecation of Intel's SGX was admirably shameful. And I constantly ask myself when these people will learn from mistakes? To be fair, many studios abandoned region codes since their DVD releases, while others continue to insist with codes, despite region-free standalone players being openly offered to consumers for a long time now.

Are consumers guilt of anything, other than being film lovers, seeking discs from other countries? Since movie theaters closed down or were demolished, home video is by far one of the best ways to enjoy a decent presentation of a given picture. Also, film collectors like to have the best film library one can afford, and a 4K Blu-Ray is currently the best medium, de-facto standard, to achieve that.

Does anybody have the PowerDVD 22 Ultra September 2023 patch since it's not available from Cyberlink anymore?

Last edited:
I have PowerDVD 22 Ultra. When starting it shows a message in the low right corner of the screen saying that I am missing an important update. However, clicking on the message, I am directed to their site's page offering me to download the afore mentioned update. Then, the site says it is not available. In my last attempt, Windows itself blocked the downloader offered to me, for reasons of security. I don't know why.

Once I thought I would ask Cyberlink what was going on, but 4K Blu-Ray continue to play, why bother? Mind you, a few days ago I replaced my PC's motherboard, graphics card, power supply, and so on. The system was cloned to a new M.2 drive. I have tested all of my previously installed applications, and nothing has changed, all of them work perfectly fine!

Does anybody have the PowerDVD 22 Ultra September 2023 patch since it's not available from Cyberlink anymore?

Always remember to scan all downloads with the latest anti-virus scanner, not responsible for any changes or damages to your machine, etc.

Now, saying all of that, once your machine is cleared and good to go, unless someone on here with more technical knowledge says otherwise, don't ever update your version of PowerDVD after this.

Interesting. PowerDVD 23 has just been released, and I was offered an upgrade for 50 dollars. This time, Cyberlink explicitly stated that PowerDVD 23 will play 4K Blu-Rays, in the features list. Actually, they claim that version 23 will play up to 8K video.

I know that Intel users complained a lot about SGX deprecation and lack of Intel CPUs support to Cyberlink. Perhaps these people were never aware of AnyDVD HD, and what they can do to end this suffering.

PowerDVD 23 Ultra/PowerDVD 365 specifications:

Powerdvd 23 does NOT support uhd disc playback. Their use of "uhd 4k" is beyond misleading and pisses me off. Look at the disc formats they support and it's Blu-ray and DVD ONLY. Do not buy this garbage!

P.S. even with anydvd it still will NOT play uhd disc formats... no iso, no folder, no disc.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting. PowerDVD 23 has just been released, and I was offered an upgrade for 50 dollars. This time, Cyberlink explicitly stated that PowerDVD 23 will play 4K Blu-Rays, in the features list. Actually, they claim that version 23 will play up to 8K video.

I know that Intel users complained a lot about SGX deprecation and lack of Intel CPUs support to Cyberlink. Perhaps these people were never aware of AnyDVD HD, and what they can do to end this suffering.
Per the thread that I started this past Tuesday, Cyberlink removed support for 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs:

Also, in the features list, note that 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs aren't even listed.

PowerDVD 23 playback features -1.jpgPowerDVD 23 playback features -2.jpgPowerDVD 23 requirements.jpg

Back