RONIN on BD UK Version - Rip doesn't remove region code

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by sfoster4, Jan 8, 2008.

1. sfoster4

sfoster4 Active Member

I purchased RONIN on Blu-ray and ripped it to disk using AnyDVDHD and when I used PowerDVD to play it, PowerDVD wouldn't play it because it is Region B. So AnyDVD didn't remove the region code. Anyone else had this problem?

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

What did the AnyDVD status window say? Was region code removal enabled in AnyDVD? Did you set AnyDVD to region B (assuming the disc is region B)?

3. rozas

rozas Member

I´ve same problem with simpson Spanish version,
    didn´t work with automatic remove region
    solved when selected remove region B

regards

4. ano102

ano102 Active Member

same problem with blu ray sunshine

5. sfoster4

sfoster4 Active Member

I just checked and the region removal was not checked. I am re-ripping it right now and I will let you know.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Don't rip, just try to play it. That's the beauty of AnyDVD, you can verify its function without ripping.

7. sfoster4

sfoster4 Active Member

Thank you for your help. First I tried setting the region removal on automatic and that did not work. When I set it to Region B it worked. Great. Thanks again.

8. sfoster4

sfoster4 Active Member

I ripped this to my hard drive and tried to play it using PDVD but the box to select this is greyed out. PDVD used to play blu-ray rips from a hard drive so I don't know if this is a PDVD issue or a AnyDVD HD issue. If I wanted to burn this back to a blu-ray disk does anyone know what software I should use.