• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Robocop Glitch

samsy

US disc. Decrypts fine but there is a glitch at 50:50. Glitch doesn't happen when anydvd is turned off.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_H_RoboCop.ziplog
    824.7 KB · Views: 13
Robocop: can't do much about it at the moment, the data is fine, for some reason it seems to "glitch" there, no idea why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robocop: can't do much about it at the moment, the data is fine, for some reason it seems to "glitch" there, no idea why.

A friend suggested to extract the streams from the decrypted movie and check the log. It showed several warnings about "track not clean or damaged" for different streams all around the same time position and video for 50:50. That confirms the glitch I spotted while watching the decrypted disc.

I've moved the Robocopy glitch discussion out of the BD+ thread since this seems to be something beyond a mere BD+ issue.

I've moved the Robocopy glitch discussion out of the BD+ thread since this seems to be something beyond a mere BD+ issue.

Well, it's probably just a BD+ bug on our side, but true, it's not the "typical" BD+ thing.

Maybe someone else has the disc too and cares to test it too? I don't think it could be something with my setup but who knows.

I have the USA version as purchased from Best Buy. I haven't watched it yet, but can you described what the "glitch" is?

I have the USA version as purchased from Best Buy. I haven't watched it yet, but can you described what the "glitch" is?
a small pixelation/corruption at 00:50:50.

You're not referring to Robocop's helmet camera view at 00:50:46 right? Mine seems to play cleanly at 00:50:50 when the scene cuts from Robocop in the car back to the guy at the gas station.

If there is any tool you need me to run other than the ziplog, let me know.

Hardware:
Dell Precision M6300 with NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M
Panasonic/Matsushita BD-MLT UJ-225S (Firmware Q111)
and
Arima HDAMB with dual Opteron 280 and ATI Radeon 3850 HD AGP
Sony/Optiarc BD-5300S (Firmware 1.06)

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
NVIDIA Quadro FX driver v310.90
ATI Catalyst 12.6 (for AGP cards)

Software:
- AnyDVD-HD 7.4.2.0
- Dell PowerDVD DX 8.3.1.7501 (Dell bundled version)
- VSO Media Player 1.0.1.427 and 1.3.10.470 (I did an update while testing)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_E_RoboCop.ziplog
    841.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You're not referring to Robocop's helmet camera view at 00:50:46 right? Mine seems to play cleanly at 00:50:50 when the scene cuts from Robocop in the car back to the guy at the gas station.

He's in the car driving (you see him from the left side of his face), just before the switch back to the gas station.

Sorry to report that mine looks fine. I haven't watched it on my Sony Blu-ray player, but the disc works fine on my 2 PC's.

Last edited:
Sorry to report that mine looks fine. I haven't watched it on my Sony Blu-ray player, but the disc works fine on my 2 PC's.

Just to verify, you tested it post-anydvd decryption?

Just to verify, you tested it post-anydvd decryption?

Meanwhile we tested that disc and the result is immaculate.
The area around 50:50 passes all tests, too.

It really seems to be something on your end, even though I can't think of what that might be.

Only one last test comes to mind: try to create a decrypted ISO (using AnyDVD ripper) and see if that behaves the same (mounted with VCD).
The AnyDVD ripper forces a strict linear read order (the Windows file system sometimes reads randomly, even if you request data front to end).
That should normally make no difference, but who knows...

Back