• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip video disk

Cabong

Hi there all,

I see that I can rip video disk to HD.

That's great!

I have a few newbs questions thought:

-Is there such a thing as "lossless" format when it comes to converting to a file (like MKV)?
-What's the best way to convert to that file format?
-If I burn the MKV file to a BR, will cinavia quick in?

Cheers!
Den

-Is there such a thing as "lossless" format when it comes to converting to a file (like MKV)?
-What's the best way to convert to that file format?
You can use CloneBD, available in the downloads section. With that you can convert to MKV lossless. And as long as you only require lossless, it's for free.

-If I burn the MKV file to a BR, will cinavia quick in?
That depends. If you play back that BD with the MKV on a Blu-ray player that does the Cinavia dance, it will kick in.
If you play it on a non-blu-ray player, it won't.

Hi there Pete. Thanks for your kind reply.

I have other questions but I should be able to figure it out once I run some tests.

Regards,
Den

You can use CloneBD, available in the downloads section. With that you can convert to MKV lossless. And as long as you only require lossless, it's for free.

Hi Pete, are you sure it's free? I always get the trial version logo in the video.

because you're compressing in a way then. Anything requiring the transcoder will trigger the logo. Lossless stuff won't

I'm choosing mkv, 100%. It's not like they're many choices.

what exactly are you doing, removing any languages / subtitles?

Yes I am removing all subtitles.You may have something there...
Let me get back on this.

Thanks!

pretty sure removing subtitles requires transcoder and that in turn would trigger the logo

Cabong: If your player has a USB port, have you tried playing your MKV file through that? Players that detect Cinavia when played on a disc may not detect Cinavia when played through USB. This is something you would need to experiment with.

pretty sure removing subtitles requires transcoder and that in turn would trigger the logo

Darn, I don't seems to be able to get back to disk defaults. Anything I've clicked stayed in memory.

Cabong: If your player has a USB port, have you tried playing your MKV file through that? Players that detect Cinavia when played on a disc may not detect Cinavia when played through USB. This is something you would need to experiment with.

Sure thing, thanks.

I'm choosing mkv, 100%. It's not like they're many choices.

Choosing 100% on the size slider merely means recompress at the original bitrate - it still means recompress.

If you want lossless, you have to choose lossless from the "Video codec" dropdown.
Then there will be no logo.

Back