• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip to ‘’protected’’ ISO -> Bypass Cinavia???

so as far as commercial payware softwares are concerned, there are non now without cinavia enforment (current versions not legacy ones) ? talking about ones that can play menus etc like a hardware bd player, not ones such as vlc that can only play mpls or m2ts.

Last edited:
so as far as commercial payware softwares are concerned, there are non now without cinavia enforcement (current versions not legacy ones) ? talking about ones that can play menus etc like a hardware bd player, not ones such as vlc that can only play mpls or m2ts.

The only one left according to the list from DVDFab is Corel's Win DVD.

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

However if they want to keep their license they will have to implement it. They haven't updated their player in a while so I am guessing that the next update will have Cinavia.

Well this aint exactly a dvdfab forum but i'll answer anyway. You're wrong mate. Discs can have an updated structure that may trigger an update needed for powerDVD (i'm not saying this will be a program update, but an update nonetheless). This can go from an internal java update to point blank incompatibility of PDVD due to the fact that the disc is too complex than the program can handle. You've probably already encountered a dialogue box where powerdvd sais it needs an update to be able to correctly play the disc. Well that's what i mean by "a disc that requires an update for playback" :)
I can confirm that non-updated commercial players can fall behind. I kept PDVD 7 for years beyond its EOL as it was the last PDVD version that supported HD DVD. It eventually became so long-toothed that I couldn't even play HD DVDs in sync; that's when I switched to TMT3, and then TMT5 shortly thereafter. (I later switched back to PDVD 11, which provided to be a good anti-Cinavia move; I also have the last pre-Cinavia version of TMT5, and can update it IF necessary.)

Well this aint exactly a dvdfab forum but i'll answer anyway. You're wrong mate. Discs can have an updated structure that may trigger an update needed for powerDVD (i'm not saying this will be a program update, but an update nonetheless). This can go from an internal java update to point blank incompatibility of PDVD due to the fact that the disc is too complex than the program can handle. You've probably already encountered a dialogue box where powerdvd sais it needs an update to be able to correctly play the disc. Well that's what i mean by "a disc that requires an update for playback" :)

Mentioning DVDFab was inappropriate and accidental - sorry about that.
I was trying to suggest that once a title is ripped and stripped of copy protection, most any cinavia free program should work fine. So far, PowerDVD9 has played absolutely everything I have thrown at it including very recent titles and remains cinavia free. And yes - the "needs an update" box does show up once in a while - I just click it and the title plays perfectly fine, with no indication it ever updated anything. I surely would not install PowerDVD12 under any circumstances.

hehe about mentioning dvdfab, that's alright here mate. It won't get you banned, suspended or post deleted like over on their forum :) That update box is as i said a newer disc then your pdvd would be able to handle properly if you didn't allow it to update. Refusing to do so would otherwise result in 1 of 2 cases. Either it would not play at all, or it wouldn't play properly :) Installing PDVD12 is also fine, just dont use build PDVD 12.0.1905 or higher. I've tested multiple versions of them (1905, 1905c and they all had cinavia) The last guaranteed cinavia free version was 1608

I'm currently running PDVD12.1412. I'm seeing that up to version 1618 is Cinavia-free. Will a 1618 patch include Cinavia after the fact or am I safe to add this?

I'm currently running PDVD12.1412. I'm seeing that up to version 1618 is Cinavia-free. Will a 1618 patch include Cinavia after the fact or am I safe to add this?
The post above you says 1608 was the last Cinavia-free patch, but as long as it's not 1905 or higher you should be OK. (Or get the latest AnyDVD HD update that disables Cinavia detection in most licensed players; even the current patch should work fine with it.)

Back