• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip to ‘’protected’’ ISO -> Bypass Cinavia???

spcav

Beta Tester
I already read what SamuriHL posted here http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789 and excuse me if my absence from the field is leading me to false assumptions or these thoughts have already been shared elsewhere in the forum, but during my visit in Arcsoft’s forum (http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10742&title=totalmedia-theatre-531172-release-notes) I bumped to a guy claiming a very simple way to bypass Cinavia using only AnyDVD.

He says that he is just ripping Cinavia Protected BD discs with AnyDVD HD to ‘’protected’’ ISOs and then simply mounting the ISOs, TMT assumes this is an original disc (as the protection is still there) and therefore plays the movie fine (no cinavia sound mute etc).

He also says that this is possible even by playing the ‘’protected’’ ISO while AnyDVD is running in the backround.

My questions:

1. I was under the impression that TMT and PDVD could not play a ‘’protected’’ ISO without AnyDVD running in the backround. Am I wrong?

2. If that’s the case and I am wrong, ripping a Cinavia disc with AnyDVD while ‘’keeping protection’’ will end up in an ISO perfectly playable with TMT / PDVD, right?

3. In case you try to play with TMT such an (protected) ISO with AnyDVD running in the backround (for example in order to remove region code), anydvd will start decrypting the ISO meaning that Cinavia will pop up and mute the sound. Right?

So ripping a Cinavia protected disc with anydvd in ISO Protected mode is a very simple solution to Cinavia?

And if that’s true, the ‘’protected ISO’’ way is always the solution to all other BD Protections (assuming of course the ISO is to be played with a software player with full BD license / menus etc (like TMT / PDVD etc))

Sorry again if I am missing something here.

:)

Last edited:
I already read what SamuriHL posted here http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789 and excuse me if my absence from the field is leading me to false assumptions or these thoughts have already been shared elsewhere in the forum, but during my visit in Arcsoft’s forum (http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10742&title=totalmedia-theatre-531172-release-notes) I bumped to a guy claiming a very simple way to bypass Cinavia using only AnyDVD.

He says that he is just ripping Cinavia Protected BD discs with AnyDVD HD to ‘’protected’’ ISOs and then simply mounting the ISOs, TMT assumes this is an original disc (as the protection is still there) and therefore plays the movie fine (no cinavia sound mute etc).

He also says that this is possible even by playing the ‘’protected’’ ISO while AnyDVD is running in the backround.

My questions:

1. I was under the impression that TMT and PDVD could not play a ‘’protected’’ ISO without AnyDVD running in the backround. Am I wrong?
No, you are right. Wouldn't be much of a protection if you could bypass AACS, BD+, ScreenPass and whatnot by just using ImgBurn, right?

3. In case you try to play with TMT such an (protected) ISO with AnyDVD running in the backround (for example in order to remove region code), anydvd will start decrypting the ISO meaning that Cinavia will pop up and mute the sound. Right?
Right.

@ SPCAV
This is what I expected to hear from the SlySoft Team. I am almost afraid to post over at TMT for fear I'll get clunked on the head by Rodimus. :(
I would really like to know what he's talking about though...

HaggisCat _ Jeff R 1

@ SPCAV
This is what I expected to hear from the SlySoft Team. I am almost afraid to post over at TMT for fear I'll get clunked on the head by Rodimus. :(
I would really like to know what he's talking about though...

HaggisCat _ Jeff R 1
From what I'm reading over there, Rodimus must have rocks in his head. Cinavia is embedded into the audio track; there is absolutely no way that a protected ISO could bypass Cinavia. (Unless it's a weird bug in TMT5 that the BDA will soon force ArcSoft to fix.)

no, you're right he has rocks in his head, It doesn't work. Just to be sure I tested it with 11 different protected ISO's containing Cinavia and as expected every one fails to play because they are still protected, you don't even get as far as the movie, and as expected, with AnyDVD HD enabled the films play but Cinavia kicks in

Last edited:
What I found interesting is that while he claims he is playing back the protected ISO without AnyDVD, his screenshots clearly show AnyDVD asking for the region code.

Well he's removed all his posts now, with comments that people should try it for themselves, well we have and as expected it doesn't work.

Ah, yup, they're gone now. Looks like he took his ball and went home.

Thanks for the verification James.

It's funny how sometimes we get our hopes up for no reason @ all....:)

Case closed :)

He must be using an older version of TMT before Cinavia protection was added. I know version 5.3.1.146 (from October 2012 when I bought it) is without Cinavia protection.

He must be using an older version of TMT before Cinavia protection was added. I know version 5.3.1.146 (from October 2012 when I bought it) is without Cinavia protection.
It's true that 5.3.1.146 & earlier didn't have Cinavia, but that doesn't fully explain this guy's lunacy. Generally, Cinavia has zero impact unless (a) you have a movie copy (or original on a PC with AnyDVD HD or other decrypter running) containing the Cinavia watermark and (b) you play it on a licensed hardware or software player with Cinavia protection. Whatever this guy did could never have removed Cinavia; either he never had it to begin with or he did something else that bypassed it (i.e., changed software players).

Based on Verance's description of messages 2 & 4 on the Cinavia website it's also possible that licensed BD copying software like Nero would contain Cinavia (we already know Nero's latest BD player has it); but most of the fair-use copying community wouldn't dare use something like Nero to copy their BDs. :doh::bang:

Last edited:
So what happens if your player doesn't have Cinavia? I have that older version of TMT5 archived on my server. My wife was trying to watch MIB3 today and got the error when she rewound it. Will rolling back to the older version of TMT5 prevent these errors from occuring?

Thanks!

So what happens if your player doesn't have Cinavia? I have that older version of TMT5 archived on my server. My wife was trying to watch MIB3 today and got the error when she rewound it. Will rolling back to the older version of TMT5 prevent these errors from occuring?

Thanks!

Yes, if the player doesn't support Cinavia, then it can't enforce it.
An older version of TMT5 will work with no Cinavia errors

The last pre-cinavia version of TMT5 is build 5.3.1.146. Anything higher than that starting with 5.3.1.172 contains cinavia. It takes 2 things to trigger it. A disc that contains the signal and a player that can detect it, if either one isnt fullfilled it doesn't get triggered.

Thanks! Any downside to using the earlier version if I am only playing ripped discs? (I never play straight off the disc).

not really, till there's a disc that requires an update for playback

not really, till there's a disc that requires an update for playback

I would think that once a title is ripped by DVDFab, it should play fine on software players of older vintage? The PowerDVD9 that came with my Lite-On BD burner seems to play everything just fine.

Yes, if the player doesn't support Cinavia, then it can't enforce it.
An older version of TMT5 will work with no Cinavia errors

I can confirm that rolling back to the earlier version of TMT (the version the other poster mentioned that worked) works. I tried The Amazing Spiderman 3D in ISO form, which shouldn't work on the newest TMT 5 due to cinavia, and it didn't. When I rolled back to an earlier version, it worked due to no cinavia.

Are there any other software media players that play blu-rays (especially 3D blu-rays) in full that don't have cinavia protection? I'd like a media player which has no cinavia even on its current versions and not just rolled back versions.

Last edited:
I can confirm that rolling back to the earlier version of TMT (the version the other poster mentioned that worked) works. I tried The Amazing Spiderman in ISO form, which shouldn't work on the newest TMT 5 due to cinavia, and it didn't. When I rolled back to an earlier version, it worked due to no cinavia.

Are there any other software media players that play blu-rays (especially 3D blu-rays) in full that don't have cinavia protection? I'd like a media player which has no cinavia even on its current versions and not just rolled back versions.

Please check out the High Definition Software section for the answer to your question.

I would think that once a title is ripped by DVDFab, it should play fine on software players of older vintage? The PowerDVD9 that came with my Lite-On BD burner seems to play everything just fine.

Well this aint exactly a dvdfab forum but i'll answer anyway. You're wrong mate. Discs can have an updated structure that may trigger an update needed for powerDVD (i'm not saying this will be a program update, but an update nonetheless). This can go from an internal java update to point blank incompatibility of PDVD due to the fact that the disc is too complex than the program can handle. You've probably already encountered a dialogue box where powerdvd sais it needs an update to be able to correctly play the disc. Well that's what i mean by "a disc that requires an update for playback" :)

Back