• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved with 6.5.4.9] AnyDVD 6.5.4.7 won't install or run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done everything that was said here and still have problems.
Just 4 days ago i formatted my hd too.
I have never had a problem until this update.
Please give us a older version somehow

only main diff

Webslinger
only main diff are the burning programs,pro has nero and home has sonic and office 2007

i feel the main diff is between 6546 beta and 6547 as i just installed 6546 and it installed with out a problem

i do not know if ye seen this no problem on windows 2000 with 6547

Last edited:
problem installing 6.5.4.7

I have never had a problem before, however im when i install 6.5.4.7. It will not install. i have tried several times. redownloaded and still no good. running xp home sp3

I hate to beat a dead horse but have been having the same problem as the others. Get an icon on the desktop and start menu but they're just dead links and no icon in the tray. Using XP, sp3, disabled AV, permission given for slysoft in firewall. Decided to uninstall 6547 and reinstall 6544. This works for now. Want to get updates though.

Barring some miraculous discovery, I believe we are going to need to know what security software is being used (ie antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-malware) [if any], registry monitoring software [if any], OS, and running processes, in general, to attempt to find a commonality between the users suffering this problem.

I installed 6546 no problem
nortons internet security 2009
on windows xp sp3
I have never had a problem installing updates
I am not going to install 6547 at this time

i had this problem too initially, did a full clean out sweep and still no joy.

I re-downloaded the setup file, cleaned house again and this time after install when i ran it, it started normally, previously it would fail to initialise and load, i first thought that it was kaspersky messing with it as that sometimes does that when an exe changes, but it wasnt.

can't explain what it was, but it's cleared now, when it failed to run, it gave no warnings or anything, and if it appeared in task manager it was extremely brief

You clicked the registry button, and clicked "scan for issues" (before installing Anydvd)? And then you proceeded to fix everything CCleaner suggested?

Everytime I uninstall AnyDVD, I run CCleaner (Both 'Cleaner' and registry 'Scan For Issues') then manually delete any empty folders which always are Slysoft. I've done this with every version of AnyDVD for the past year or two. I then install a fresh copy (new version) of AnyDVD.

Got Anydvd 6.5.4.7 working at bootup

Ok here is what I have discovered on my system.

I am running XPsp3 PRO with latest Avast.
After installing 6.5.4.7 yesterday AnyDVD worked just fine.
I shut my computer off when I left for work last night. This morning when I got up AnyDVD would not load at boot.

I uninstalled and reinstalled AnyDVD, no change.
I unistalled AnyDVD again and uninstalled avast. Rebooted installed AnyDVD. rebooted again. after bootup registered AnyDVD. it ran fine.

I rebooted and AnyDVD did not start.

Using a program called "startup control panel" I changed an entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to have it start AnyDVD.exe at bootup instead of AnyDVDTray.exe.

I rebooted this time AnyDVD started just fine.

Using startup control panel I changed the entry in HKCU/Run back to start AnyDVDTray.exe at bootup.

I rebooted and AnyDVD did not start.

So I changed the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run entry back to AnyDVD.exe and rebooted twice. Both times AnyDVD started at boot.

I reinstalled avast and rebooted(AnyDVD started), then registered avast and let it do its needed updates.

I rebooted again and AnyDVD started just fine.

I again changed the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run entry to start AnyDVDTray.exe and rebooted.

AnyDVD did not start.

I changed the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run entry back to start AnyDVD.exe and rebooted.

AnyDVD started just fine at boot up.

When looking at the running processes it shows AnyDVDTray.exe as running.

As a secondary test I am unable to get AnyDVDTray.exe to launch by double clicking on it from its installed folder. However, I can launch AnyDVD.exe and AnyDVDTray.exe will show as runing in process explorer.

So, bottom line for me is that if I launch AnyDVD.exe at bootup instead of AnyDVDTray.exe I get the red fox icon in the system tray and all works fine.

Last edited:
Load issues with recent AnyDVD releases

The last three releases of AnyDVD (6.5.4.7, 6.5.4.4 and 6.5.4.0) install without issue but

will not load either automatically from the entry in my startup group or manually by clicking

the AnyDVD desktop icon.

After installing each of the above new releases, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled

release 6.5.3.1 which works fine.

My configuration is:
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 965P-DQ6 motherboard
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Award Software International, Inc. F11 05/28/2007 BIOS
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2.40 gigahertz)
2GB RAM

I do not have any CD drag and drop, CD drive simulator or similar software installed.

Thanks for your help.

Curiosity? Is anyone having this ussue that is NOT using an anti-virus of some kind?

-W

PS: To any newbies here: When there is a "real" issue with AnyDVD, even if it just won't handle a new release DVD, THIS is the kind of activity you actually see on the board. Thread, upon thread, upon thread - with the same basic issue.
Any problem that does not cause this type of beehive activity is usually isolated to the users system, or a defective DVD.

-W

Last edited:
I have had Anydvd for years using win XP pro 32 and never had a problem until I installed 6547. It installed fine but it will not start. Need an update ASAP! Thanks

Last edited:
If this problem is going to be resolved a few things need to occur. First of all, we need more info from all the people having a problem.

What antivirus are you using?
What anti-malware and/or anti-spyware are you use?
Do you have registry monitoring software installed?
What OS and service pack, if applicable, are you using?

Downgrading to a previous version without providing information is not going to help the developers figure out what the cause is. If everyone simply downgrades then I don't see how the problem will be solved.

If you are having a problem you need to provide information. The more people that give specific details about their system then the larger pool of people we have to look at and see what you all have in common.

I dont have any of the following on my system. One thing I did notice is right after I installed anydvd it worked fine (even had red fox in system tray) but as soon as I shut off anydvd it would not re-open or work.

What antivirus are you using?
What anti-malware and/or anti-spyware are you use?
Do you have registry monitoring software installed?

This is my system:

Win 32 XP pro sp2
3.6 GHZ Intel Pentium D 840 Extream Edition dual core w/HT
1GB DDr-2 SDRAM at 667MHZ
256MB Nvidia Geforce 6800 Graphics card

Last edited:
Can you guys check to see if your antivirus program or security software is silently quarantining or blocking Anydvdtray.exe ?

I dont have any antivirus program or security software on my XP pro system. Hope this helps. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back