• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved with 6.5.4.9] AnyDVD 6.5.4.7 won't install or run

Status
Not open for further replies.
ireland said:
had no problem on the xp-home with anydvd 6547

I think James is going to have a very hard time tracking down what's causing this.

Last edited:
6.5.4.7 Will Not Install

Thanks for the comments. I've had AnyDvd for a long while now and never encountered any problems with the install like this. I'm running XP Home, SP3, Windows firewall and Avast Antivirus (free). 6.5.4.4 installs and works perfectly. Please see my previous post for the problem symptoms.

AnyDvd worked fine until I updated to 6.5.4.7 Now I have no Icon in tray and it does not start if you click on the shortcut nor in Start Programs. Tryed reinstalling with antivirus and firewall disabled and with fresh reboots. No go, what is wrong?

I'm not sure. I can't reproduce this issue with Windows XP Pro 32 bit SP3 nor with Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition SP1.

I've merged these threads, since all four of you appear to be having the same problem. I'm going to send James a Private Message, but since I don't have any problems with XP Pro 32 bit SP3, and Ireland doesn't have a problem with XP home edition, the issue will probably be difficult to pinpoint.

Those of you with problems are all using some form of XP SP3, right?

should people hold off from installing this update

just a thought,before more people have problems with this version

just a thought,before more people have problems with this version

Obviously Slysoft developers, myself, and two other Slysoft moderators aren't having problems. A number of beta testers aren't having problems installing either. I've tested on five different computers without incident. So I'm not really sure what to tell you.

By the way I am running Xp 32 bit sp3 with Windows live one care on a Dell tower. No, anydvd is not running in task manager. If I turn task maager on and click on the short cut Anydvd shows in TM briefly and goes away.

Would not install on my Lenovo notebook with XP Pro SP3. Tried uninstallining, shutting down firewall (ZAF) and antivirus (Avast Free) without success.
If you have the time - can you uninstall(!) Avast, reboot, try AnyDVD again?

By the way I am running Xp 32 bit sp3 with Windows live one care on a Dell tower. No, anydvd is not running in task manager. If I turn task maager on and click on the short cut Anydvd shows in TM briefly and goes away.
Are you using Avast?

Try this:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Backup your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
e) Run a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner (run the registry cleaner option). Click the "registry" button in CCleaner. Click "scan for issues". CCleaner is freeware.

f) Reboot
g) Open up Windows Task Manager (control+alt+delete on keyboard), and click "end process" on anything unnecessary under the "Processes" tab.
h) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
(this includes Spybot, Teatimer, Registry monitoring programs)
i) Install Anydvd 6.5.4.7
j) Reboot

Other than that I have no clue what's going on. James has even stated the installer for 6.5.4.7 is no different than the installer in 6.5.4.4. James and Peer can't reproduce the problem either, so, yeah, this won't be easy to figure out.

I just tried again on a bunch of XP SP3 OS systems, and I didn't have issues.

Last edited:
maybe this will help

maybe this will help,as soon as ye install,and click on close
nothing happens,except the anydvd icon in the task-bar goes away

this window does not show up after install
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8252/anydvd.png

but if ye click on a anydvd icon in my back up folder the program starts and the above window will show up

then on a reboot the program will not start,and no icon in task bar

anydvd 6544 was working great

Last edited:
anydvd 6546 beta

james
i had to move 6546 beta to the xp-pro to install as i did not install the beta b-4..

i just installed anydvd 6546 beta and it works great

Just wanted to mention again I'm using Windows XP Home Edition (32bit) with SP3. I did steps 1-4 and it didn't work. Here's the answer to step 4:

LowerFilters REG_MULTI_SZ AnyDVD cdrbsdrv Pfc

UpperFilters REG_MULTI_SZ GEARAspiWDM

I ran CCleaner and manually deleted the empty folders (SlySoft) so I would get a clean install. Still didn't work. All the other previous versions I never had a problem installing and running. I'm not running any adware, spyware or antivirus programs. I don't have any of the programs listed in step 2. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Will not work for me either no matter what i do, i cannot get it to run or do anything, there is a big problem

Please

Please give us an older version of anydvd the new version will not work

xp-home and xp-pro

note,had no problem on the xp-home with anydvd 6547

Do you know offhand if you have anything different installed on either system (different background running processes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back