• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved using image mode]Witcher EE problem

aeronet

Hi, The Witcher EE doesn't work for me.
WinXP sp3. I tried to make profile. When the profile is complete. I tried to run game. But i get this:
Code:
This profile is not licensed to this Game Jackal installation.
ok
and then:
Code:
Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application

Can you help me?
Sorry for my bad English

It is the latest version. Same as on Stalker Clear Sky and i read Stalker CS isn't starting with Jackal ;)

It is the latest version. Same as on Stalker Clear Sky and i read Stalker CS isn't starting with Jackal ;)

Unless the user provides more information, he's probably not going to get much help--other than to be told to wait for the next beta release.

I actually own The Witcher, but having completed it already, I'm not really interested in downloading and installing the EE version (I know it has some extra quests, but I'm just not interested) just to test Game Jackal.

Last edited:
User is talking about new EE version which is already updated. He is not talking about basic version and then installing EE update. With EE update, you don't have to use the disk.

I'm not omniscient ;)

But to get EE Update, you have to register. So it is also not so good ;)

For those with the original game, you can patch the game to the EE version for free. It still requires the original game disc and such, you just don't need to buy the game again to get the new content and such.

I don't know about the protection on the EE version, but I suspect you will need to use Tages as the copy protection on it. The current "The Witcher" profile may not work if it was created with the original game(not EE), so select Tages from the profile list, not The Witcher. Hopefully someone from Slysoft knows if the EE version will work with the current The Witcher profile or not.

Hi, The Witcher EE doesn't work for me.
Hello aeronet.

Can you verify which version of The Witcher you are playing? Did you download and install the patch to make it the Enhanced Edition or did you purchase the EE initially?

If you patched it, just try launching the game w/o Game Jackal. It does run w/o the disc now. If you have the newly released retail version of the game, would you try playing it w/o the disc in the drive and without making a Game Jackal profile? It would seem strange that they'd disable the requirement for the disc in the patched version but not the retail version...if it doesn't work, you might want to try registering your game with the game company and try again. Maybe that has something to do with it...

Blazkowicz says you don't, which I find surprising.

It is surprising but I just verified that it does indeed work without the disc. Interestingly, after patching the game I tried to immediately create a GJ profile for it. It never did work but after it ran through the creation process there was a profile which I attempted to use. It would give me the message requesting the original disc. So, if by chance the OP assumed he needed to create a profile and didn't try without it (like me) then he/she may find that it does work without the disc.

Last edited:
Hello, I bought The witcher EE (with map, bonus dvd, making of dvd, soundtrack....)
Without GJ:

DVD is in drive: working
DVD isn't in drive: not working
errkl2.jpg

With GJ
DVD is in drive: not working
errkl2.jpg

ok, and then
34344816wd8.jpg

DVD isn't in drive: not working
the same as before
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7342/errkl2.jpg[/IMG]
ok, and then
34344816wd8.jpg

Game is registred......
using winxp sp3 32bit, GJ 3.1.1.2,
disabled DT,

Last edited:
hmm that messagebox looks suspiciously like safedisc, try scanning the installation folder with protectionid to make sure of the protection.. its possible that different countries used different protection...

here is it:

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Zaklínač rozšířená edice\Zaklínač rozšířená edice\System\witcher.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 11359416 (0AD54B8h) Byte(s)
-> File Appears to be Digitally Signed @ Offset 0AD4660h, size : 0E58h / 03672 byte(s)
-> File has 1447520 (0161660h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0973E58h
[!] Safedisc 4.85.000 detected !
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> Missing CD
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
- Scan Took : 0.343 Seconds

Safedisc

I will get a hold of this game and take a look.

Back