• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved using Clonedvd 2.9.2.3 beta] The Code (2 layer disc version), Region 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, set the drive region as Charlie noted but it was set in the original drive that you made your logs using.

Nonetheless, it is possible for the logs to be fully completed and the disc to be fully scanned. The problem now is that there are issues with titlekeys being obtained during the CSS removal and this can occur when the drive region hasn't been set.

It is possible for the logs to be fully completed. Put the DVD in the drive, tell AnyDVD to create logs and walk away from your computer for 10 minutes. When you come back they should be completed and then post them. Make sure that your DVD drive region is set.

There are two versions of the Region 1 release:

Barnes & Noble sells the single-layer release with special features including a Dolby Digital 5.1 movie soundtrack: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/The-Code/Morgan-Freeman/e/687797125095

Amazon lists a version with Dolby Digital 2.0 and it's probably the dual-layer release: http://www.amazon.com/Code-Morgan-Freeman/dp/B001AR011A

Both releases are widescreen.

The dual-layer release is the problem but the exact cause isn't know at present. It may simply be a widespread batch of bad pressings.

Last edited:
kingholt, please right-click on the fox icon in your systray, click Settings..., navigate to Video DVD and open the branch and select Settings. At the bottom of that window is the AI Scanner setting which is a drop-down box. Normally it should be left alone with it set to Automatic (Default). I would like you to please switch it to Always Enabled (not recommended). Now click OK and you'll exit the settings and AnyDVD will rescan the disc. Just wait 10 minutes for the scanning to complete. Then try to rip the entire DVD again. Don't remove anything. Does this make any difference?

Note: If you do as I instructed remember to go back into the settings and change the AI Scanner back to Automatic (Default) when done testing.

Last edited:
The code

I'm using a way old version of clone dvd and it took just 13.10 to create and write.

Hi, sorry guys..I have been pretty busy with work...the upc for this dvd is 687797125033...I used a different computer the second time because I was just checking to see if it might work on one of my other computers..I will try to get it taken care of in the next few hours..thanks

Hi, sorry guys..I have been pretty busy with work...the upc for this dvd is 687797125033...I used a different computer the second time because I was just checking to see if it might work on one of my other computers..I will try to get it taken care of in the next few hours..thanks

No problem. We're just trying to get a handle on this disc. There's no obvious protection so it could be a run of really badly pressed discs or something else. Setting the AI Scanner mode might make a difference or not. No guarantees.

I still don't personally believe this is a protection issue. I think it may have been a load of bad pressings or an authoring error of some kind. First Look Studios doesn't release insanely protected DVDs and it baffles me why they'd release one single-layer version with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio and another dual-layer version with Dolby Digital 2.0 audio according to Amazon. :confused:

Anyway, any experimenting you do may help us gain more understanding as to the cause of the problem because right now we just really aren't sure what's going on with this disc.

The Code

I'm having problems with a movie called the code. The movie will not even finish reading. I'm using 6.5.6.2 anydvd and 2.9.2.2 clonedvd2. Has anybody been able to record this movie?

Start off by posting log files. The process might take some time. Do not interrupt the process or the logs will be useless. Follow the directions below. After you start the log creation process just walk away from your computer for 10 minutes or so because it's likely to take awhile. We need to see what the logs show and then I may request you to do some other things after seeing the logs.

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I'm suprised DrinkLyeAndDie bothered to reply. He must have overlooked your previous posts, where you've clearly told what to do when you have problems (example).

There is good reason the title is:

HAVE PROBLEMS? Read this before posting please, or risk having your post ignored!

The post was also wrongly posted in the AnyDVD HD v6.5.6.2 beta announcement thread. It was moved here to its own thread. Thanks for posting the link, mrr19121970.

Were it not for my wanting more information on this title I might not have given it much attention. I want to see more info on this title.

If no requested information is forthcoming then I will not be putting any further effort into pursuing the matter.

well, I purchased it locally at the best buy store, I will return it today and see if the new one has the same issues..I will let you know..thank you

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Start off by posting log files. The process might take some time. Do not interrupt the process or the logs will be useless. Follow the directions below. After you start the log creation process just walk away from your computer for 10 minutes or so because it's likely to take awhile. We need to see what the logs show and then I may request you to do some other things after seeing the logs.

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.2_Info_D_THE CODE V2.zip
    645.6 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_6.5.6.2_Info_D_THE CODE V2.zip.zip
    874.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm having problems with a movie called the code. The movie will not even finish reading. I'm using 6.5.6.2 anydvd and 2.9.2.2 clonedvd2. Has anybody been able to record this movie?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.2_Info_D_THE CODE V2.zip
    874.5 KB · Views: 6
remove this filter

PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 3.0.56.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp20
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 3.00.56a

How do you remove this?
remove this filter

PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 3.0.56.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp20
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 3.00.56a

There is a problem with this disc but we aren't sure exactly what the problem is. The issue could be a bad pressing or bad authoring. I do not believe the removal of that filter will have any impact, whatosoever.

The single-layer of The Code is fine. The dual-layer release is the one posing problems and that is the one that polo972 has.

Refer here for a list of known problematic filters: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536.

To remove the filter:

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "PxHelp20". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly. Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.

After rebooting create and post a new set of log files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back