• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved using Clonedvd 2.9.2.3 beta] The Code (2 layer disc version), Region 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblib2

Cannot copy "The Code" featuring Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas. No error message, just runs at a snails pace.

What version of AnyDVD? I am using 6.5.6.2 and it ripped through the disc.

Cannot copy "The Code" featuring Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas. No error message, just runs at a snails pace.

This release should pose no issues but we need more info to help you. Make sure you are using the latest versions of software.

AnyDVD 6.5.6.2 beta if you are a registered user: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6562.exe
AnyDVD 6.5.5.9 if you are a trial user: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html
CloneDVD 2.9.2.2 [if you use it]: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199

Logs?

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

The Code

What version of AnyDVD? I am using 6.5.6.2 and it ripped through the disc.

I am also using the Beta 6.5.6.2 in conjunction with CloneDVD2. Let me say that I have been using this combination for 2 1/2 years and till now have not had any issues. If no one else is having a problem with The Code then it must be me. I tried it on both my Dell XPS 1710 laptop and also my HP Xeon workstation with the same results.

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in whatever program you're using? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

f) Ensure speed control is unchecked in Anydvd (or at least, ensure "Slow and Quiet" is not enabled).

g) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=63749&postcount=12 to see what TBPirate did to resolve his problem.

h)PDFhook and Windows search/indexing can cause problems: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=156825&postcount=7 to see what lostinlodos did to resolve his problem

i) Did you install a new drive--or does your drive have riplock? If so, you may simply be out of luck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riplock

The Code -- 2 layer disc (Was: same problems)

I am having the same problems and I haven't changed anything...I tried it on all my laptops and have no luck, called my friends that back up their collections too, and they are experiencing the same thing...we drew virtual straws and I had to write in..I can copy the movie only, but when I try to preserve the menus it takes over a thousand minutes..on all my computers..you guys have never let any of us down though, so I know it is only a matter of time...

I split your post off into its own thread. I already requested logs from the original poster and didn't get them. Could you post logs using the original DVD, please?

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

here ya go...hope this helps...I will be on...thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.2_Info_D_THE CODE V2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
This is a First Look Studios release. I've watch a lot of their movies. My memory of their releases is that they don't make use of structural protections and this disc doesn't contain any. They are a smaller studio in terms of releases, as well, so it's conceivable that some borderline bad batches of discs were pressed. We need to rule that out and logs will help with that.

Alright I'm looking at the logs:

39.31s: Added cell VTS 1, PGC 1, Cell 16
State steps: 1
Highest steps: 161
Highest total steps: 2634
Highest Button depth: 12
Total count: 161
Total cell count: 60
40.89s: read sectors failed, sense 4:44:0
40.89s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:0
40.92s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:0
40.92s: Medium removed!
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 112795, absoluteSector 379829
40.92s: read sectors failed, sense 2:3a:0
40.92s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:0
40.93s: unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:0

The scanning is taking some time but it doesn't appear that a read error occurs until right around you ejecting the disc from the DVD drive. I know it's annoying to do but what happens if you try to create the logs and wait up to 10 minutes for the scanning and logs to be completed?

From the time of attempting to eject the disc until the process ends the logs are essentially not useful in terms of the scanning process and decryption.

Last edited:
For the record I had a different release than yours. Mine is a single layer release and it had no problems at all. I'm wondering if the problematic discs are all the two-layer releases and if it is a manufacturing issue. I just don't see First Look Studios getting all funky with protections and no structural protection is being detected.

It is conceivable that there might be an issue with the scanning engine somewhere and I'll have a developer look at the logs but this is just very strange. I'd leaning more toward a disc issue rather than a protection one at this point.

Last edited:
it is very different from what I normally see if it is a bad disc or if it is even something that is new..I will take it back tomorrow and see if maybe it is just that disc...it is a single layer disc though, and the way the other guys described it...that is exactly how I would describe it on my computers and what my friends are telling me...let me know if there is anything else I need to do...thanks

This is from your logs:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.6.2)
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17LF 4.53 07/04/12PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2071936 sectors (4046 MBytes)
Total size: 4138528 sectors (8083 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE CODE V2

Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.

Your disc has 2 layers.

This is from my logs:

Summary for drive U: (AnyDVD 6.5.6.2)
SATA TSSTCORPCDDVDW S SB03 1219
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2064109 sectors (4031 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_CODE

Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

We are dealing with two different releases of this movie. The status window in your logs is incomplete because scanning never finishes. You are missing information under Autorun not found on Video DVD..

So, the question becomes why. Could you put the disc in and just walk away from the computer for 10 minutes to see if the disc is fully scanned and detected when you come back?

I've contacted a developer and asked to see if any testers have access to this release. Someone may discover something that I can't without having the actual disc.

I have one made without the menus preserved..but I think I am just going to put this on and let it run...I will send you the log file when it is finished..see you in approximately 1027 minutes..haha

I have one made without the menus preserved..but I think I am just going to put this on and let it run...I will send you the log file when it is finished..see you in approximately 1027 minutes..haha

You don't have to rip it. Just tell AnyDVD to create logs and just wait for 10 minutes. If it hasn't completed by then then hit eject. If the rip really took 1027 minutes that's just not good for your drive. I'm just trying to glean as much info as possible from logs and such so that the developers have more information to work with.

It is interesting that you can create a movie-only rip. This leads me to believe the problem is located in the menus either the way the disc was authored intentionally or not or the way AnyDVD and/or CloneDVD are handling that portion of the disc.

ok...I did exactly what you had said...thi is everything it came up with...it is attached..I will be here if there is anything else I can do...thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.2_Info_E_THE CODE V2.zip
    900.2 KB · Views: 7
ok...I did exactly what you had said...thi is everything it came up with...it is attached..I will be here if there is anything else I can do...thanks

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select region 1
viii. Start Anydvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back