• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Star Wars Blu-ray issues

No, that was for a different "flavour" of the disc, sorry - this is all very confusing, I know, but as long as I think that I still have it under control, or pretend so, things should be fine... :)
Anyway, the BDPHash up right now is for this disc here (version 11-09-14-L).

ROFLMAO! Awesome. :) As long as you can keep it straight and as long as these discs are fixed before Friday I'm good. :p LOL!

Please use AnyDVD v6.8.6.0 (or .6.1 beta, which will become available any minute) AND download
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupBDPHash.exe
and install that on top.

Please create a log file whether the new version works or not. In any case. Either way. Can't repeat this too many times, so many people just run off with a "thanks, works for me now".

Will do. Hopefully with the new version and BDPHash, logfile creation will work (I was able to get a log for TPM, but when I tried the same for some of the other discs, it took forever - I canceled after 75 minutes or so).

Peer,
Here's the log file.

Kind Regards,
TiVo.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.6.0_Info_F_THE_PHANTOM_MENACE.zip
    271.3 KB · Views: 7
Still doesn't work. Log creation took about an hour. Here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37259775/AnyDVD_6.8.6.1_Info_D_THE_PHANTOM_MENACE.zip

Here's what's displaying in the status window now:

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.8.6.1)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH10LS30 1.00 070512109EA6511714
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23985248 sectors (46846 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_PHANTOM_MENACE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
Using BDPHash.bin 11-09-14-L
Using online database!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Java BD+ runtime removed!

Doesn't correspond to what's in the log, however.

Might not make any difference, but I'd also update to the latest firmware for the drive (1.01)

No problems at all, even yesterday before this new beta.

Code:
Summary for drive L: (AnyDVD 6.8.6.1)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH10LS30 1.01 A00615119ZA28I3308

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23985248 sectors (46846 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_PHANTOM_MENACE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
Using BDPHash.bin 11-09-12
Blu-ray disc Region set to B!
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Code:

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 24199136 sectors (47263 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ATTACK_OF_THE_CLONES
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Code:

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Code:

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Code:

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23768864 sectors (46423 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 19
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Code:

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23994784 sectors (46864 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_logs.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
That unfortunately doesn't mean a whole lot. This is another release similar to what we saw with Avatar where the protection gets tweaked based on region. So depending on country of origin of your discs, you may or may not run into issues. If you do run into a problem, post a log with the latest version of AnyDVD (currently 6.8.6.1) *unless* you are told specifically by Peer or James to do something different.

My disks are from the same region, same supplier and have the same barcode...

Well, hopefully it can all be straightened out soon. Preferably, like I said before, by Friday. :D I want my discs to work when they arrive so I can do a marathon this weekend. :)

My disks are from the same region, same supplier and have the same barcode...

... and same disc hash. So I can only conclude that the online database is correct (and VLC has some unrelated problem) and removing the protection on the OPs machine fails for some unrelated reason.

Or there are two different discs from the same region which share the same disc hash (which is very, very unlikely).

Well, hopefully it can all be straightened out soon. Preferably, like I said before, by Friday. :D I want my discs to work when they arrive so I can do a marathon this weekend. :)
The US discs will likely be different from the UK, but I guess they'll work.

The US discs will likely be different from the UK, but I guess they'll work.

We'll find out sometime on Friday for sure. If not, I'll post the logs and do what's necessary to help you guys fix it. I'm well aware of the drill. :)

... and same disc hash. So I can only conclude that the online database is correct (and VLC has some unrelated problem) and removing the protection on the OPs machine fails for some unrelated reason.

Or there are two different discs from the same region which share the same disc hash (which is very, very unlikely).

or as Adbear says here, different firmware. Here is mine for Romansh.

Attachments

• BH10LS30_1.01_speedpatched.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 268
I'll try updating my firmware. Is that safe to do in a VM or should I use Bootcamp?

Sigh. I updated the firmware using the file provided by mike_r, but it didn't make any difference. What's even more frustrating is that it only seems to affect this particular release - all other Blu-rays I tried, including some with BD+, worked fine :(

I tried another computer (Windows 7 laptop) with the Asus and AnyDVD HD 6.8.6.1 beta in trial mode. Same issue.

I tried using a BD software player without AnyDVD running (AFAICT this laptop should be HDCP-compliant, it's only a year old), but the TMT 5 trial just hangs when you launch it, and I was unable to figure out how to get the PowerDVD 11 trial to play my disc (what an awful interface). So I still haven't been able to determine whether my discs are bad.

Assuming AnyDVD is working correctly, it might the most likely explanation left (after trying 2 drives, a VM and a laptop and multiple USB cables). In which case, I apparently have a set with 6 bad discs (the movies) and 3 good discs (the extras).

Any more logs will have to wait until tomorrow. Also, this is getting very time-consuming (especially since in my VM, creating a logfile seems to take a good hour - haven't tried on the laptop yet), so if there are configurations for which the logs would be more important, please let me know.

I tried another computer (Windows 7 laptop) with the Asus and AnyDVD HD 6.8.6.1 beta in trial mode. Same issue.

I tried using a BD software player without AnyDVD running (AFAICT this laptop should be HDCP-compliant, it's only a year old), but the TMT 5 trial just hangs when you launch it, and I was unable to figure out how to get the PowerDVD 11 trial to play my disc (what an awful interface). So I still haven't been able to determine whether my discs are bad.

Assuming AnyDVD is working correctly, it might the most likely explanation left (after trying 2 drives, a VM and a laptop and multiple USB cables). In which case, I apparently have a set with 6 bad discs (the movies) and 3 good discs (the extras).

Any more logs will have to wait until tomorrow. Also, this is getting very time-consuming (especially since in my VM, creating a logfile seems to take a good hour - haven't tried on the laptop yet), so if there are configurations for which the logs would be more important, please let me know.

Ah... VM! All I know is, that No player will play these discs within a VM (the protection won't allow that) and AnyDVD won't decrypt these discs for the same reason.
So, the online database is likely correct (it will work within a VM), but creating a logfile will fail.
This at leadt explains this strange behavior. It still doesn't explain your VLC plpayback problem.

Ah... VM! All I know is, that No player will play these discs within a VM (the protection won't allow that)

Which is why I tried playing the discs on an actual laptop where Windows is the only OS. But, either due to my incompetence or crappy software, I was unable to get TMT or PowerDVD to play the discs. Not specific to the discs, AFAICT - TMT hangs mid-launch (whether a disc is present in the drive or not), and I was unable to figure out how to play a disc in PowerDVD 11.

Plus, AFAIK, no BD software player will play any Blu-ray in a VM - it's not specific to these discs. Every time I tried using a BD software player in my VM, it detected that it was in a VM and closed immediately (tried the bundled PowerDVD, as well as trials of WinDVD and TMT).

and AnyDVD won't decrypt these discs for the same reason.
So, the online database is likely correct (it will work within a VM), but creating a logfile will fail.

So the database will work in a VM, but not the actual BD+ removal? Doesn't explain why it won't work on that laptop either though.

I haven't tried creating logs on that laptop yet - hopefully it'll be quicker than in my VM.

This at leadt explains this strange behavior. It still doesn't explain your VLC plpayback problem.

So far I've only tried VLC (scrambled audio/video) and transcoding with HandBrake (crash or no output). I'll try other players if I can, but TBH I don't expect different results.

Back