• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Star Wars Blu-ray issues

Romansh

Star wars Blu-ray box set, UK (from Amazon.co.uk)

UPC 5 039036 046671

The Phantom Menace

AnyDVD HD 6.8.5.12 beta

AnyDVD scans the disc and removes the protection (no BD+ error in the summary):

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.12)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH10LS30 1.00 070512109EA6511714
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23985248 sectors (46846 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_PHANTOM_MENACE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
Using BDPHash.bin 11-09-12
Using local database!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Java BD+ runtime removed!

(note: when I inserted the disc for the first time, it used the online database)

But when playing the streams in VLC, the image and sound are scrambled.

I tried ripping to disk using the image ripper, then mounting with Virtual CloneDrive, same result in VLC.

I also tried transcoding one of the intro clips (yellow text) with HandBrake, which crashed.

I don't have a commercial Blu-ray player (software or otherwise) to try the disc in.
Though the same thing happens with Return of the Jedi (and presumably the other discs, haven't tried them all yet);
hopefully this is a protection issue and not a whole batch of bad discs!

I created a log file, and the summary changed (BD+ warning):

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.12)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH10LS30 1.00 070512109EA6511714
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23985248 sectors (46846 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_PHANTOM_MENACE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 20
Using BDPHash.bin 11-09-12
Warning, no replacements found!
BD+ may not have been removed correctly. Check Video for scrambled frames.
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Java BD+ runtime removed!

I don't know whether this is relevant, but I wonder why BD-Live gets disabled.
In Video Blu-ray options, I only have "Enable Blu-ray support" checked - the rest is unchecked.

Here's the log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37259775/AnyDVD_6.8.5.12_Info_D_THE_PHANTOM_MENACE.zip

The forum uploader was taking way too long to upload a ~200 KB file, so I gave up after the third try.

Let me know if you need more information.

You should have received a copy of PowerDVD 9 with your Blu-ray drive. You could try installing that and play the disc back in that, but the fact that it warns that the video may be scrambled would imply that they need to fix this before it will play

Last edited:
I don't know whether this is relevant, but I wonder why BD-Live gets disabled.
In Video Blu-ray options, I only have "Enable Blu-ray support" checked - the rest is unchecked.
It will always be disabled if it is necessary, e.g. BD+ = BD live gone.

I may have misplaced the disc. Anyway, would PowerDVD 9 be able to play a 2011 disc on its own?
Or is there something special about PowerDVD 9 + AnyDVD HD that would make it more likely to
play the disc's contents correctly than VLC + AnyDVD HD?

Also, I'm running AnyDVD HD inside a VM (Windows 7 in a Mac OS X 10.6 host).
Drive is connected via USB 2.0 directly to the back of the computer (no hub).
Though (FWIW) this setup works fine for me with any BDs I have except this set.
I should probably have mentioned it in my first post, but I forgot - sorry.

Edit: same thing happening with A New Hope as well. Been waiting for that logfile for about 45 minutes - is that unusual?

Last edited:
There's no reason why PDVD 9 wouldn't be able to play the original disc, but like I said earlier as it's detecting scrambled frames you'll need to wait for them to produce a fix to decrypt it properly.
What you also have to remember is that VLC isn't a Blu-ray player so it may not always play back the streams properly, although in this case you'll probably have to wait for a BD+ fix

Last edited:
There's no reason why PDVD 9 wouldn't be able to play the original disc

OK. I need to figure out how to make it work then (if I can find the disc again).
I had it installed at some point, but it claimed to need an update for just about any disc I tried and instead of offering me the option
to just update, it presented me with the option to upgrade (for a fee of course). Back then I didn't look into it much as I had AnyDVD :)

I gave up on that log - I may try again later (sleep comes first).

Should I update to today's stable release before submitting new logs?

I'm not sure if Peer or James will chime in on this, but, if you look at this thread:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29127

You will see that Peer is specifically asking for logs with 6.8.5.11 + the BDPHash that he posted. If that is something you can do, either attach them to this thread or the BD+ log thread and that would be greatly appreciated.

I've read the initial post a few times and am a bit confused. could be it's late and I'm not focused enough so apologies in advance. It shows 2 anydvd summaries for the same disc from seemingly the same drive and the same
anydvd version. one without warnings and the other with a possible bd+ removal failure. Why would there be 2 different results?

I've read the initial post a few times and am a bit confused. could be it's late and I'm not focused enough so apologies in advance. It shows 2 anydvd summaries for the same disc from seemingly the same drive and the same
anydvd version. one without warnings and the other with a possible bd+ removal failure. Why would there be 2 different results?

When creating a log, it does the complete calculation. Otherwise it uses an existing database.

so if I just inserted a disc and got no warnings that means there might still
be a bd+ issue that isn't reported?

so if I just inserted a disc and got no warnings that means there might still
be a bd+ issue that isn't reported?

Only if there is a wrong entry in the online database, which might be the case with this disc. Worries me a little, as I can't explain how a wrong entry got there.

Hi,
I also have 'Star Wars - The Complete Saga' Blu-Ray UK edition from Amazon. I have ripped the Phantom Menace using AnyDVD HD version 6.8.6.0 and MyMovies (ripped the entire disc).

Just to let you know that the movie appears to play fine on my Dune HD Base 3.0 and the streams play fine on the PC in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.

I will now rip the rest and let you know the outcome.

Kind Regards,
TiVo.

I don't have the disc to try but it feels to me like the op has some local issue. it was released in many countries in europe 2 days ago, I'd expect the forum to light up with complaints by now. But then he got that warning creating the log.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Peer or James will chime in on this, but, if you look at this thread:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29127

You will see that Peer is specifically asking for logs with 6.8.5.11 + the BDPHash that he posted. If that is something you can do, either attach them to this thread or the BD+ log thread and that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, but where can I download old betas? The link on the forums seem to expire.

Not to mention, I see no mention of 6.8.5.11 anywhere. The 6.8.5.10 beta thread links directly to the 6.8.5.12 beta thread…

Thanks, but where can I download old betas? The link on the forums seem to expire.

Not to mention, I see no mention of 6.8.5.11 anywhere. The 6.8.5.10 beta thread links directly to the 6.8.5.12 beta thread…

Just use the latest version (6.8.6.0 right now), that should be fine.

Peer updated the hash file to work with 6.8.6.0 so don't worry about looking for 6.8.5.11. Check out the thread I linked to if you want to keep track of this issue.

Please use AnyDVD v6.8.6.0 (or .6.1 beta, which will become available any minute) AND download
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupBDPHash.exe
and install that on top.

Please create a log file whether the new version works or not. In any case. Either way. Can't repeat this too many times, so many people just run off with a "thanks, works for me now".

Peer updated the hash file to work with 6.8.6.0 so don't worry about looking for 6.8.5.11. Check out the thread I linked to if you want to keep track of this issue.

No, that was for a different "flavour" of the disc, sorry - this is all very confusing, I know, but as long as I think that I still have it under control, or pretend so, things should be fine... :)
Anyway, the BDPHash up right now is for this disc here (version 11-09-14-L).

Hi,
I also have 'Star Wars - The Complete Saga' Blu-Ray UK edition from Amazon. I have ripped the Phantom Menace using AnyDVD HD version 6.8.6.0 and MyMovies (ripped the entire disc).

Just to let you know that the movie appears to play fine on my Dune HD Base 3.0 and the streams play fine on the PC in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.

I will now rip the rest and let you know the outcome.

Kind Regards,
TiVo.

Can you please supply a log file from THE_PHANTOM_MENACE, so we can compare and see if the disc is actually the same as the one from Romansh?

Back