• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Same Problem Here

wiz001

Forgive me if I am intruding in this thread. I am haveing the exact same problems since I updated anydvd & clondvd to the latest versions. If I use clonecd to make a 1 to 1 copy everything works fine.

Do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you wish to assist them please. Click the link in my signature, and read fully. Thank you

Forgive me if I am intruding in this thread. I am haveing the exact same problems since I updated anydvd & clondvd to the latest versions. If I use clonecd to make a 1 to 1 copy everything works fine.

I need a lot more information than that.

1. Use Anydvd 6.5.3.1: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use Clonedvd 2.9.2.2: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2922.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
Backup Freezes

Last two backups I made would skip & freeze on two dvd players and pc. Using clonedve 2922, anydvd 6529. I updated anydvd 6530 and tryed again with an older move that I already backed up. Now while writing, it stops with error at 11%. I notice on your software download page you have anydvd-6531, should I be using this?
Yes, I have not done what you ask but I will when I get back later.
anydvd log was added, I hope.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_WEATHERMAN_169.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 3
Last two backups I made would skip & freeze on two dvd players and pc.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18731

2. Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim Datalife Plus, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL only.

Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not valueline), Verbatim Datalife Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

For +R DL blank media, try a 4x burn speed. Do not burn at maximum nor at 8x.

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

clonedvd-2922, anydvd-6531
Firmware already most current version
Use sony dvd+r 16x. Have backed up over 700 movies with only 3 or 4 coasters.
I use write seed at 4x. My machine perfers this. Tried 8x, It failed also.
Booktype setting is automated. Hitachi/Lg Writer.
I again tried backing up The weather man & nanny diaries and both failed with writing at 11%. Please remember I have backed up these movies in the past without any errors. If I used clonecd to make 1 to 1 copies I bet it would work.
error logs follow.

Attachments

• dvd log info the weather man.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 2
tried with files again

Attachments

• dvd log info the nanny diaries.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_NANNY_DIARIES.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_WEATHERMAN_169.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 1
Use sony dvd+r 16x.

What's the media code? If those are made in Malaysia look no further for the source of your problem.

I again tried backing up The weather man & nanny diaries and both failed with writing at 11%.

You do appear to have Drive Letter Access installed (which is packet writing software) and running, despite not having the corresponded filters listed. Uninstall Sonic/Roxio's Drive Letter Access.

Please remember I have backed up these movies in the past without any errors.

That doesn't mean anything, especially if you're not using recommended blank media. If I were you, I'd try some Taiyo Yuden and a different burner.

Also click this to try a different write DLL file

1. dvd identifier - sony-d21-000 Japan
2. Removed Roxio DLA, then rebooted
3. I installed the write dvd2662 back in december when I had a write error with one movie and that fixed the problem. Backing up movies every week since then without problems until now.
I tried backing up Nanny Diaries again and it failed the same way. Also I should note every time the write to disk begins it starts at or around 186 minutes (this is not normal), then every time it gets to 11% and 26 minutes remaining, it fails.

Bye the way thanks for your help!

1. dvd identifier - sony-d21-000 Japan

O.k., that stuff usually is o.k. (but not as consistently good as TY).

Also I should note every time the write to disk begins it starts at or around 186 minutes (this is not normal), then every time it gets to 11% and 26 minutes remaining, it fails.

O.k., note that I said to post log files using your burner.

1. Please post an Anydvd .zip log file using your burner--and not your dvd-rom drive.

2. Click this

Do what it says to do

3. Is DMA enabled for your drives in
Windows XP?

1. Logs will follow
2. Installed standard dual channel pci ide controller
3. Primary ide channel is already dma available-ultra dma mode 2
Standard duel channel pci ide controller - does not have this option
No second channel

I again backed up nanny diaries and again it fail in the exact same way.

Attachments

98 KB · Views: 2
  • dvd log info the nanny diaries.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 5
You created an Anydvd .log zip file using your dvd-rom drive again.

I noticed you still have DLACTRLW.EXE running. It's part of Drive Letter Access.

Also, don't run DVDLauncher.exe

Kill/end these processes before using Clonedvd.

Actually, what might be useful to try is to create a new user account with nothing installed on it except for Clonedvd and Anydvd to see if you can reproduce this problem.

Last edited:
Could you please just tell me how to create the log file you want. I have no idea what you mean by "new user account", but am willing to try anything different if you think it might help.

Thanks

Could you please just tell me how to create the log file you want.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I have no idea what you mean by "new user account", but am willing to try anything different if you think it might help.

To open the User Accounts tool, open Control Panel from the Start menu, and then double click User Accounts.

A. Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
B. Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click Next.
C. Select the desired account type, and then click Create Account.

Then log into that new user account, and install just Anydvd and Clonedvd.

This is worth mentioning again:

I noticed you still have DLACTRLW.EXE running. It's part of Drive Letter Access.

Also, don't run DVDLauncher.exe

Kill/end these processes before using Clonedvd (you do this through windows task manager. Select the process, and click "end task").

Firmware already most current version

No. It's not. Contact Dell or whatever company sold you your computer. You need to do this immediately.

You're using GWA4164B firmware E111

There's at least an E113 being listed online. There may even be a later version, so I'm not even going to bother linking to E113.

Do not use a 4x burn speed with 16x rated blank media either after updating firmware. Try an 8x burn speed.

Last edited:
Last post I sumitted 30 minutes ago did not post. Will try again

1. I started having pc problems. Full recovery 3-days back. Pc normal again.
Installed dvd firmware from e11 to e13(sorry about this). Dell told me, at this time, they will not support any higher version on my machine.
Install latest anydvd

2.Thanks for your logfile instructions. I was already doing it this way and is why I was confused.
After anydvd scans disk I click on the red fox. I select create logfile and anydvd scans the disk again. Is this suppose to happen?

3. Backed up nanny again. Same failure. No logfile for you. Don't be mad, kept reading.

4. Using nerocdspeed, which i know little of, to check one of my sony dvd +r sl disk,
create disk-had many long downward spikes
read disk-had no errors.
I assume the create disk test is very bad. Do you?

5. I don't have another batch of single layer disk. will order ty.

I again backed up nanny in the same way, using clonedvd and anydvd but this time a dvd +r dl disk. The only one thing I did different in the copy prosess was not use copy the movie, instead I chose clone the movie.
Backed up with out problems and played on my pc and both dvd players without any skips or freezing.

Thanks again

Installed dvd firmware from e11 to e13(sorry about this). Dell told me, at this time, they will not support any higher version on my machine.

That's nonsense. They have to support whatever they release. Tell them not to lie to you

Thanks for your logfile instructions. I was already doing it this way

No. You've been putting the original disc in your dvd-rom drive as opposed to your burner.

3. Backed up nanny again. Same failure. No logfile for you. Don't be mad, kept reading.

Create the Anydvd .zip logfile in your burner and upload it, please.

Using nerocdspeed, which i know little of, to check one of my sony dvd +r sl disk,
create disk-had many long downward spikes
read disk-had no errors.
I assume the create disk test is very bad. Do you?

Without looking at the data I have no idea

I don't have another batch of single layer disk. will order ty.

Visit www.supermediastore.com

Do not buy Valueline, trublu, or playo (since I don't know what playo is)

I again backed up nanny in the same way, using clonedvd and anydvd but this time a dvd +r dl disk.

Seems like a possible blank media issue then

I can't belive I misread your simple and easy to understand instruction. Please don't give up on me. Will send logfile from burner.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_NANNY_DIARIES.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 2
I can't belive I misread your simple and easy to understand instruction. Please don't give up on me. Will send logfile from burner.

O.k. . . .

Try getting some Taiyo Yudens

Visit www.supermediastore.com

Do not buy Valueline, trublu, or playo (since I don't know what playo is)

And if that doesn't work, I'd get a new burner (they don't cost much)

Based on the fact you burned +R DL perfectly fine, I do suspect a blank media issue.

Thanks for media info. Ordered what they stated as, Authentic Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8x media.
I could not wait to try something else to verify my dvds being bad. Got a 15 pack of sony just like the ones I am now using from walmart. with the exception-made in taiwan(oh no!).

Backed up Nanny Diaries again with these new dvds and it failed exactly the same way. The logs I am sending are for this failure.

Just for the heck of it. I took one of my backed up movie disk and now making a backup of a backup tried with and without anydvd enabled. It failed both times.

Maybe I should order a new Burner?

On the bright side, on the way to walmart I stopped at the river and caught 5 nice smallmouth bass!

Attachments

98.3 KB · Views: 2
  • clone dvd nanny diaries.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
Back