• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved ]Prime Japan - Need Some Help

Electron003

For the first time tried to access Prime Japan -> without success

Couldn't access my prime account with either AS or a browser. Keep saying my account isn't recognized??

I can access every other prime site with my current credentials - but not Japan. Tried clearing my user data for AS -> didn't make any difference. Deleted browser cookies as well. Never had this trouble before. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have searched the forum and read all the posts I could. There were only a couple.

Thought I'd ask. Thanks

It's almost impossible to use a VPN, especially the cheap ones like Nord, the providers have blocked all the VPN IP addresses, that's why AnyStream does not support VPNs, you can try and a few have been successful, but it's getting harder and harder.

It's almost impossible to use a VPN, especially the cheap ones like Nord, the providers have blocked all the VPN IP addresses, that's why AnyStream does not support VPNs, you can try and a few have been successful, but it's getting harder and harder.
Amazon is not really strict to IP in my experience. so even if u use free vpn u still can play it

Not using a VPN.

If you are not using a VPN and you are not in Japan I would imagine you would have issues. Some things you can access from other countries and some you cannot. If you cannot access the site from AS or a browser then clearly it is not an AS issue.

For the first time tried to access Prime Japan -> without success

Couldn't access my prime account with either AS or a browser. Keep saying my account isn't recognized??

I can access every other prime site with my current credentials - but not Japan. Tried clearing my user data for AS -> didn't make any difference. Deleted browser cookies as well. Never had this trouble before. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have searched the forum and read all the posts I could. There were only a couple.

Thought I'd ask. Thanks
If you would be so kind as to attach a log file I will what the issue is. I have no other reports of issues like this, so please check out your network connections on your end.

There is no need for a logfile or anything else.
To get access to Prime jp, you have to create a new account and pay for Prime again. After that, you have to use a VPN if you want to download videos with AS.
You can access and login without a VPN, but you cannot download anything with AS because you get the region message.

The only difference to your standard experience is the speed, because you have to use a VPN and it is far away it is slower than your normal download and site loading speed.

To get access to Prime jp, you have to create a new account and pay for Prime again. After that, you have to use a VPN if you want to download videos with AS.
You can access and login without a VPN, but you cannot download anything with AS because you get the region message.

The only difference to your standard experience is the speed, because you have to use a VPN and it is far away it is slower than your normal download and site loading speed.

That's IF the VPN is not blocked or otherwise filtered. VPN + AS = crapshoot in my opinion.

That's IF the VPN is not blocked or otherwise filtered. VPN + AS = crapshoot in my opinion.
I never had any issues with Amz jp and VPN, only some connection issues with the program itself for unknown reasons, for a certain amount of time. But that has nothing to do with AS or Amz. And recently I downloaded some things from Amz US using the same VPN service. No issues either.
I heard about NF and other providers, but Amz always worked for me.

To get access to Prime jp, you have to create a new account and pay for Prime again.

Yep...thought this might be the issue. It is strange that I can access every other region (including the ones you have to set in AS before using) with my current credentials -> but NOT Japan.
Not too fazed about it though. Probably all the audio is in Japanese away.
Thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated.

It is strange that I can access every other region (including the ones you have to set in AS before using) with my current credentials -> but NOT Japan.
It seems to be a seperate site or something like that, so you have to create a new account. Yes, it is weird, but I don't think this little extra fee is something I care about.

Probably all the audio is in Japanese away.
Well... that's the point :sneaky:
There are some things on Prime in my country including japanese audio, but not all of them. And for certain series this is the only (legal) way to get japanese audio...
Currently, I don't understand a single word, but I am happy to get it in the original audio.

I could go on and say that doing so you avoid stupid changes in the audio (changed music), banned episodes for no reason and useless video adjustments, but you know what I want to saay. Just adding this to show you there is more than one reason for me to use it.

It seems to be a seperate site or something like that, so you have to create a new account. Yes, it is weird, but I don't think this little extra fee is something I care about.

Well... that's the point :sneaky:
There are some things on Prime in my country including japanese audio, but not all of them. And for certain series this is the only (legal) way to get japanese audio...
Currently, I don't understand a single word, but I am happy to get it in the original audio.

I could go on and say that doing so you avoid stupid changes in the audio (changed music), banned episodes for no reason and useless video adjustments, but you know what I want to saay. Just adding this to show you there is more than one reason for me to use it.

I can't stand dubbed audio either. I will ALWAYS look for the original audio version and use subtitles. Actually, there is a lot of great stuff out there that is NOT in English. I don't mind subs, but my wife isn't that much of a fan.

Back