• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] new computer license question

mark h

My pc is 12 years old and I just made a new PC. I am in the process of loading software on to it. Can I use my license on my new pc? If so how do I do it? If not can I move my license to my other PC and cancel on this PC?
help

My pc is 12 years old and I just made a new PC. I am in the process of loading software on to it. Can I use my license on my new pc? If so how do I do it? If not can I move my license to my other PC and cancel on this PC?
help
Yes you can use the license on the new PC. All that is required is not using the license on the previous computer simultaneously.

As Blurayfan said, and there is no need (and afaik no way) to cancel the license on the old computer.

I've done it. No problems at all. My desktop crashed so I moved the license to my laptop until I could get the desktop rebuilt.

One thing to note - The token count does not reset when you move to a different computer. It remains as it was (plus any regenerated tokens) when you move the license to a different computer. So if you have (for example) 45 tokens left when you move the license, don't expect to have the full 100 tokens on your new computer. You'll have 45 tokens, plus how many might have regenerated in the time it took you to move the license.

I've done it. No problems at all. My desktop crashed so I moved the license to my laptop until I could get the desktop rebuilt.

One thing to note - The token count does not reset when you move to a different computer. It remains as it was (plus any regenerated tokens) when you move the license to a different computer. So if you have (for example) 45 tokens left when you move the license, don't expect to have the full 100 tokens on your new computer. You'll have 45 tokens, plus how many might have regenerated in the time it took you to move the license.
So you are okay now. This is resolved?

The token count does not reset when you move to a different computer.
Of course not, why should it? It is bound to your license, not to your device. Otherwise you could just use two devices and download unlimited things, rendering the token system completely useless.
I understand that you just want to note it though.

This appears to be useful but I have the same problem. I can't see how to move the license key to my new computer. Can anyone give me some support using computer101 language please?

Back