• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[RESOLVED] I'm getting a dreaded LibreDrive issue, not sure what else to try.

NickUHD

EDIT: This is a non-issue. After running the Scanner tool, it appears this is another variant of The Shawshank Redemption and is unsupported. I have posted the details over in the Unsupported UHD thread. Thank you testiles and James for your help!

Hi, I have been able to rip UHDs for a long time now and have a 'friendly drive' with the proper firmware installed. Everything has been working great until my most recent upgrade of AnyDVD HD.

I try to rip a 4K UHD disc that is known to be good (I have actually ripped it before back in January of this year just fine), and I get a dreaded 'BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!' error.

Both MakeMKV (1.17.1) and AnyDVD HD (8.6.2.0) are updated to the latest versions as of today. I have rebooted my PC as well, and still, for some reason I keep getting this error. I'm not sure what else I can try.

I have attached the .ziplog file. Hope that helps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

bpG6AiM.png

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_E_THE_SHAWSHANK_REDEMPTION.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm sorry. After trying a different movie, I see that 'BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!' is not an error as my other movie says the same thing, then after the 'UHD Blu-ray disc.' line, it says 'Removed AACS Copy Protection!' and everything is working fine.

Maybe the issue is with my disc then, and has nothing to do with AnyDVD HD or LibreDrive.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

GPYlEMk.png

That message actually means AnyDVD is working as it should (although in all caps) - lol!

Recent versions of AnyDVD utilize makeMKV's LibreDrive to remove bus encryption if needed on a disc.

So you're good -- except your Shawshank Redemption is not yet supported in AnyDVD.

You'll need to wait until the key for that title is added to the Online Protection Database (OPD).

No way to tell when that will happen so check the disc periodically.

We've been listing all UHD's that are currently unsupported in AnyDVD.

See this thread, posts 1-3, for more information...

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/list-of-uhds-currently-un-supported-in-anydvd.76597/

Note: If you decide to list your title there, AnyDVD 8.6.2.3 is required for the tool used to do that...

T

Last edited:
except your Shawshank Redemption is not yet supported in AnyDVD.

Hm, this disc actually came out last year in September 2021 and I was able to rip it in January of this year, so the disc is supported. I stupidly didn't remember that I had it, and re-bought it, lol, and went to rip my new copy (before realizing I already had this movie and previously ripped a different copy) and for some reason this new copy isn't working. Maybe they updated the disc (doubt it) or there is just something physically wrong with this copy. I don't really understand what the logfiles (attached in the initial post of this thread) are telling me on what it actually errored out on.

It looks like it has something to do with this message:
14.39s: logFile: MSG:1003,32,3,"DEBUG: Code 2 at kS03|6vsNw TWid\"2U/#?:213133204","DEBUG: Code %1 at %2:%3","2","kS03|6vsNw TWid\"2U/#?","21313 14.39s: logFile: 3204"
14.39s: logFile: MSG:5010,0,0,"Failed to open disc","Failed to open disc"

Last edited:
Hi, I have been able to rip UHDs for a long time now and have a 'friendly drive' with the proper firmware installed. Everything has been working great until my most recent upgrade of AnyDVD HD.

I try to rip a 4K UHD disc that is known to be good (I have actually ripped it before back in January of this year just fine), and I get a dreaded 'BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!' error.

Both MakeMKV (1.17.1) and AnyDVD HD (8.6.2.0) are updated to the latest versions as of today. I have rebooted my PC as well, and still, for some reason I keep getting this error. I'm not sure what else I can try.

I have attached the .ziplog file. Hope that helps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Please use AnyDVD 8.6.2.3

this disc actually came out last year in September 2021 and I was able to rip it in January of this year, so the disc is supported. I stupidly didn't remember that I had it, and re-bought it, lol, and went to rip my new copy

It's possible this new disc you bought is a completely different version (OPD Id) and that particular version doesn't have a key yet...

Whether likely I don't know -- but possible.

EDIT: There were 4 versions of Shawshank already reported and now supported. Your new one could be a fifth.

T

Please use AnyDVD 8.6.2.3
Hm, unfortunately, same issue. For quick reference, I'm not sure if these are the relevant lines in the logfile, but I've attached it for reference:

14.30s: logFile: DEBUG: Code 2 at C#~)ty<r&X.e:;WYxd4sZ:213133204
14.30s: logFile: Failed to open disc

EDIT: There were 4 versions of Shawshank already reported and now supported. Your new one could be a fifth.
Oh goodie, lol. This erroring disc's OPD ID is BD_621b304aea72
I'm not sure how to find out if that one's already supported.

EDIT: I ran the Scanner tool and it appears this is indeed another variant of The Shawshank Redemption and is unsupported. I have posted over in the Unsupported UHD thread. Thank you testiles and James for your help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_E_THE_SHAWSHANK_REDEMPTION.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I ran the Scanner tool and it appears this another variant of The Shawshank Redemption and is unsupported. I have posted over in the Unsupported UHD thread. Thank you testiles and James for your help!

Ok, cool!

You're very welcome.

Maybe you could change the subject of the thread to indicate "[RESOLVED]"?

Even though the disc isn't decrypting yet, at least you know the reason why - lol...

T

Hm, unfortunately, same issue. For quick reference, I'm not sure if these are the relevant lines in the logfile, but I've attached it for reference:

14.30s: logFile: DEBUG: Code 2 at C#~)ty<r&X.e:;WYxd4sZ:213133204
14.30s: logFile: Failed to open disc
This is not good. Can you try this:
Uninstall MakeMKV
If you have an internal drive: Power cycle PC and try again
If you have an external drive: Power cycle the drive and try again
Thank you

EDIT: I ran the Scanner tool and it appears this another variant of The Shawshank Redemption and is unsupported. I have posted over in the Unsupported UHD thread. Thank you testiles and James for your help!
I want to rule out a wrong OPD hash caused by MakeMKV

If the hashes are the same, you know that MakeMKV libre drive is working for you and you can reinstall it.

This is not good. Can you try this:
Uninstall MakeMKV
Thank you
Ok, I have uninstalled MakeMKV and since I have an internal UHD drive, I've done a hard power-off and power-back-on of my PC. Thank you so much for your help and looking into stuff like this, it's greatly appreciated. It looks like AnyDVD is generating the same OPD, so I think this is just an unsupported OPD.

These lines are from the latest logfile withOUT MakeMKV installed (screenshot below shows no LibreDrive being used) and I have also attached the logfile. Thanks again.

5.91s: UHD Blu-ray disc.
5.91s: Info: Using OPD BD_621b304aea72
6.41s: Info: OPD SP 0
6.41s: GetExHashNode checking directory /BDMV/STREAM/...
6.97s: HD: GetVolumeKey 0
7.05s: Hacked GetVolumeID failed, sense 5:6f:2
7.52s: HD:

dx2oR9Y.png

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_E_THE_SHAWSHANK_REDEMPTION.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
This is not good.
... want to rule out a wrong OPD hash caused by MakeMKV

I thought about a bogus OPD but since he's using a disc and eventually 8.6.2.3, ruled it out.

Apparently there's more to it than that... :confused:

Uninstall MakeMKV
If the hashes are the same, you know that MakeMKV libre drive is working for you and you can reinstall it.

Excellent test!

Ok, I have uninstalled MakeMKV
It looks like AnyDVD is generating the same OPD, so I think this is just an unsupported OPD.

Wheewww!

Glad that's all it is! :p

T

Back