• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved} Feature Request: Progress bar for post processing

10gb file or more on my AS machine takes several minutes - some as long as five minutes. The newer titles that are only several gigs happen reasonably quickly.

I watched that some more. When it does take that long, task manager indicates AS taking about 28% CPU, but there is no disk activity at all. The mp4 file stays at the modification date it had when the download reached 100%. When disk activity finally kicks in, it does finish the job within about one minute. Thus I don't think hard disk speed is the issue here, and I agree that a progress bar would not help when there really is no progress and AS appears freezed for minutes. It's not always an hour, but sometime it was 18 minutes, then it was 25 minutes, but many downloads don't exhibit such a stalling behavior at all. Very strange.

Native OS or virtual machine doesn't seem to make a difference either. I tried it on the exact same virtual machine on both my PCs, and it never did this on my Ryzen PC.

Of course, to honor the license, I never use multiple instances of AS at once.

An example of a longer post-processing time. This 1Gb file took about 20 minutes to process. A recent full-length film (6 Gb) took 7-8 minutes. Log attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Slow post-processing.astlog
    159.4 KB · Views: 3
In my case longer processing is happening when I save files to network share. Then yes, it can take over a minute after progress bar reaches 100% or even disappears.

My processing time is always less than 1 minute on my Ryzen PCs. Also use SSD cache on all of them.

An example of a longer post-processing time. This 1Gb file took about 20 minutes to process. A recent full-length film (6 Gb) took 7-8 minutes. Log attached.

Thanks!
Just guessing here:
From the logs you have a pretty bad internet line ... lot of timeouts ... maybe the postprocessing has to merge all the timed out packages together, which causes the delay ?

Here is another log.
After download reached 100%, the file modification date remained at 7:21:43 pm. The CPU went up to around 25% and 28% and there was no disk activity and no net activity. At 8:11, disk activity started and the file was finished at 8:14. Those last 3 minutes may be bottlenecked due to the shared folder in a vm I saved to, but why does it take 50 minutes to even start the disk activity?

Here is another log.
After download reached 100%, the file modification date remained at 7:21:43 pm. The CPU went up to around 25% and 28% and there was no disk activity and no net activity. At 8:11, disk activity started and the file was finished at 8:14. Those last 3 minutes may be bottlenecked due to the shared folder in a vm I saved to, but why does it take 50 minutes to even start the disk activity?
SSD or mechanical drive? Either way, it should not take that long, I never used the program with a VM.

The Phenom II PC has only mechanical drives, and I tested the demo version before on a native installation there, and I've seen it stalling the same way, so that doesn't make a significant difference. RAM is no issue either. The PC has 12 GB, the VM is given 4 GB and task manager only shows about 1 GB in use.
On my Ryzen, I saved directly onto an external hard drive, so one minute post processing is pretty much what you would expect in that scenario, I guess.

But since there is no disk activity at all for a long time, I don't think the type of drive is the issue here anyway.

Just guessing here:
From the logs you have a pretty bad internet line ... lot of timeouts ... maybe the postprocessing has to merge all the timed out packages together, which causes the delay ?

That's a really interesting thought! I'll check on this - the computer is on the LAN connected directly to the modem/router. Could be the Xfinity cable service as well....

Checked internet speed and from the LAN download speed is 500Mbps and from the wireless it's 110-135Mbps.

However, the downloads are not quick and will pause/hesitate pretty frequently. How quickly are others downloading the files?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's a really interesting thought! I'll check on this - the computer is on the LAN connected directly to the modem/router. Could be the Xfinity cable service as well....

Checked internet speed and from the LAN download speed is 500Mbps and from the wireless it's 110-135Mbps.

However, the downloads are not quick and will pause/hesitate pretty frequently. How quickly are others downloading the files?

Thanks!
Episodes 10 minuutes, movies- a few minutes more.

Thanks, that's about what I am seeing as well. Download speed is about 900Mbs this evening.

I checked on packet loss as well and the performance was < 1.0%

With the upgraded to 1.1.5.6 I have not noticed any prolonged post-processing times! Also noted is that previously when downloading 2 streams, the download of the second stream would stop during the post-processing and with 1.1.5.6 the downloading continues apace.

If I do come across a prolonged post-processing, I will post a logfile. However, this does appear to be fixed.

Thanks to all!!!

Last edited:
One additional observation is that the AS-specific CPU use during download (single stream) now runs around 25% and peaks briefly at 40% during post-processing.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I've never seen post processing take longer than 10 seconds and I use an "old" 6800K ... the difference might come from the SSD
NVME M2 makes a huge difference. My post processing times are between 2-5 seconds depending on length/size of the source file. Originally I was saving to an external USB 3 HD and post processing times (especially for FHD movies) was significantly longer. High bandwidth read/write is key here

This might be something I noticed recently, the astlog just grows and grows and grows till you exit/restart. So on my machine it takes longer and longer after it's processing the mp4, to do the zipping of the logs. it gets quite slow when zipped it sits around 500K or so.

Prospere had started they're working on a way to reduce file size of the logging.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back