• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved} Feature Request: Progress bar for post processing

LogicDeLuxe

Can we have a progress bar for post processing? The program may appear frozen without any progress indicator, especially since it doesn't seem very responsive during post processing anyway.
On my Ryzen PC, post processing usually takes around 1 minute, but on my older Phenom II PC, which is still very suitable for video software, it sometimes takes an hour, and you really start wondering if anything went wrong.

it sometimes takes an hour
Really? It never takes more than one minute for me, but I always download to SSD and use a i7 7700. So maybe it would help you a lot to purchase a SSD, atleast a small one to download to and than copy it to hard drive?

I am using even an older i76700K processor with an NVMe SSD and it takes less 2 minutes. I actually do not see the need for this but of course, the developers will talk it over, and decide, we do not rule anything out, if you want it we will consider it, I can't promise but it will be under consideration.

On my Ryzen PC, post processing usually takes around 1 minute, but on my older Phenom II PC, which is still very suitable for video software, it sometimes takes an hour, and you really start wondering if anything went wrong.
It sounds like something is going wrong, your Ryzen is not 60x faster than your Phenom II and so it shouldn't take that long. You should probably post a log file.

Post processing for me takes way less than a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've never seen post processing take longer than 10 seconds and I use an "old" 6800K ... the difference might come from the SSD

Last edited:
Well some of my processing times on my AS machine can take as long as 5 minutes (longer if you are watching it :) ).

I said it less than 2 minutes above, but actually, its only takes a few seconds, and my machine is not powerhouse.

I am seeing the same slow performance (also using an AMD Phenom II CPU). Many titles are very quick, some are glacial. Attached is a log for a very slow one.

CPU utilization by AS is around 20%. I also note activity by CloneBD process at around 3-4% of CPU, even though I did not have the program running. Is any processing done by the graphics card?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Dear Comrades!.astlog
    849.6 KB · Views: 0
Slow? There is no processing done by AnyStream during main downloading. CPU usage is supposed to be low. Post processing only takes a split moment where it merges the audio/video stream in the mp4 container. There is no gpu involved. CloneBD doesn't come into play with AnyStream

I am seeing the same slow performance (also using an AMD Phenom II CPU). Many titles are very quick, some are glacial. Attached is a log for a very slow one.

CPU utilization by AS is around 20%. I also note activity by CloneBD process at around 3-4% of CPU, even though I did not have the program running. Is any processing done by the graphics card?

Thanks!
I am not even sure the CPU has anything to do with the speed of post processing, but if it does, it should still be only an extra few seconds.

I am not even sure the CPU has anything to do with the speed of post processing, but if it does, it should still be only an extra few seconds.

SOMETHING has to merge them into the MP4 container. Anystream primarily uses the CPU ;) the only other thing i can imagine impacting the speed of the merger is the drive that gets downloaded on SSD vs HDD. A recent CPU will obviously do the post processing than a 5 yr old (even if it only takes a moment).

SOMETHING has to merge them into the MP4 container. Anystream primarily uses the CPU ;) the only other thing i can imagine impacting the speed of the merger is the drive that gets downloaded on SSD vs HDD. A recent CPU will obviously do the post processing than a 5 yr old (even if it only takes a moment).
The AMD Phenom 11 came out in 2008, so if the CPU had a lot to do with postprocessing, it could be a 13 year old processors fault, like I said above, I wasnt even sure if it had much to do with it. I recently sold all of my newer stuff for personal reasons so I am using a 6700K processor. and it only takes a few seconds if that long.

yup, post processing is only supposed to take a few moments. All it's doing is finalising the audio/video streams and making the mp4 complete. CPU processing is supposed to be low :)

Looking at another download and I noticed that the CPU utilization during the download would periodically increase from 0.1% up to 18% and then come back down, which is interesting. During post-processing Task Manager indicates that the AS is unavailable and using around 18-20% of CPU capacity (Phenom II 6 core CPU 3.0 GHz).

Looking at another download and I noticed that the CPU utilization during the download would periodically increase from 0.1% up to 18% and then come back down, which is interesting. During post-processing Task Manager indicates that the AS is unavailable and using around 18-20% of CPU capacity (Phenom II 6 core CPU 3.0 GHz).
Either way, we should never need a progress bar for post-processing, it a reality unless there is something else going that's a bug, which no one else seems to have, it should not take more than 5 seconds.( 10 seconds tops)

Either way, we should never need a progress bar for post-processing, it a reality unless there is something else going that's a bug, which no one else seems to have, it should not take more than 5 seconds.( 10 seconds tops)

That would be great - I submitted a log on one of the problem videos. It's pretty common for me to see 30-60 minutes in the post-processing recently. I will check the settings - I may have done something odd at some point in the past.

That would be great - I submitted a log on one of the problem videos. It's pretty common for me to see 30-60 minutes in the post-processing recently. I will check the settings - I may have done something odd at some point in the past.
The whole download of an average movie from start to finish shouldn't take longer than 10-15 minutes tops. And that longer than usual. So leave a log file and we will let the devs look at it.

10 seconds? Even on a 10 gig file? Files that large require more than 15 seconds on my rig - and it it a 10th gen i5. Post processing can take close to a minute.

10 seconds? Even on a 10 gig file? Files that large require more than 15 seconds on my rig - and it it a 10th gen i5. Post processing can take close to a minute.
You are right, it may take 15 or 20 seconds on a very large file, but definitely not over a minute. The OP is saying it takes an hour on one of his machines, something is wrong.

Back