• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Dvd burner question

That plus the fact that IO3 is a read error, meaning you can probably forget about copying this one. You can as mike said try it with disabling anydvd and copying like that

No, it's not perfectly good!!!

Just tried to copy a disk using anyDVD and got this... anyDVD ripper error:
FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 3126501376 311296

perfectly good disk

And (again) for future use:

1. The studios are interested in your playing a disc, not reading it for a copy.

2. A disc that plays does not mean it can be copied and I don't care how new it is or where is plays or how it looks.

3. Last but not least:

"File IO 3" means the drive doesn't respond anymore and there are permanent READ errors.

Do not confuse this with playing the disc. That's not the same thing.

It stops on a sector, without progressing. If there is no data coming from the drive to decrypt,AnyDVD cannot continue decrypting.

This usually happens with a defective disc (scratch or a production error beneath the coated surface).

Insert the DVD. Open the Windows Explorer (Windows + E key). Navigate/browse to the DVD drive.

Copy the Video_TS folder somewhere to your hard drive.

Wait until the copy process is done. This give the DVD drive the chance to retry damaged sectors a few times.

If it was successful, open CloneDVD or your burning program and let it read from that folder on the hard drive.

This minimizes read errors during the trans-coding process.

When you encounter such a message in the future, don't simply click it away.
Instead eject and reinsert the DVD, if necessary several times. Eventually the drive will get across the erroneous sector.

Note: if this procedure does not work, Windows itself will post an error message on its own, not AnyDVD.
To mean, the READ error is recognized by the Windows Operating System, so in this case you can forget trying to get the data off this disc on your machine

the reason why I came to General chat is because I don't suspect that anything is wrong with CloneDVD or anyDVD. Both seem to have ZERO problem copying and putting a file into my movie folder. The problem is VERY random.

I've sort of been eliminating things a little at a time, but still haven't solved the dilemma. I bought a DVD cleaning disk. Didn't help. I just burned 1 DVD, but when I tried the next one... it failed.

It could be possible that movies that are underneath 4.35 size are burning fine, but those that I'm having to run through DVDshrink... are having the trouble. That could be a possibility. I redownloaded shrink and am doing some tests with it.

usual suspects

You Are Ripping to Hard disk 1st, right? Because anything showing structural protections can't go into shrink on the fly.

Yes. I'm ripping to hard disk with cloneDVD and then if it needs resized... I use DVD shrink. I may have noticed something today... DVDs that are not in need of resizing... MAY BE WORKING. I redownloaded my shrink program... and I'm trying it right now.

Nevermind. That theory is out. Really frustrated right here.

If a laptop DVD player/burner is going out... would it be able to READ DVDs fine... but have trouble burning them? SOMETIMES

I get a .dll error everytime I turn my computer on too... ukogabob.dll.

I've looked everywhere for this... have no f'n clue what it is?

Discovered problem if any of you care who have tried to help me.

A few months back my Norton expired... and I don't know why but I waited to upload my new virus protector. Sometime before I uploaded my new virus protector.... SOMETHING??? removed my CCLEANER program. I didn't remove it... but something did.

So, basically, I had a virus that was messing up my computer. I redownloaded CCLEANER, started a new virus protection system and both together clean out my computer and everything is working again.

I knew it wasn't slysoft or cloneDVD. Problem is fixed.

MORALE OF STORY.... CCLEANER and Microsoft essentials are AWESOME!

Back