• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Dvd burner question

CKENN19

In the last week or so, it seems that my DVD burner is working sort of herky-jerky. It'll read everything... and it will error out in the middle of a CLONE DVD burn... but then sometimes, it'll burn the DVD. It errors out more than succeeds and I was was just trying to get some advice about it.

I've never had a DVD drive go out in any laptop I've ever had, and I was just trying to get to the bottom of it. Any tips from anybody?

I have a G60-249WM HP laptop that is maybe 3 or 4 years old. Up until about a week and a half or so, everything was working just fine.

well for starters you could provide an anydvd logfile so we can determine wich drive is inside. Also what brand of blanks are you using ?

I use Verbatim-R and i don't think it matters what the dvd is because it does it randomly. I burn off a movie and then the next movie errors out twice and then succeeds the 3rd time and so on.

i have 4 thoughts:

.dll problem
virus
dirty DVD lense
DVD drive going bad

It isn't the DVDs because I'm using them to burn dvds in my dvd tower and they're fine...and I don't think it's clone DVD because I don't see anybody else complaining.

verbatim itself is good quality media (one of the best), i use it myself, however it may be the -r option you're using. +R has a couple of advantages over it. I'd recommend switching to +r, that being said, you still havent posted an anydvd logfile. We need it as it may hold vital information.

Get the fastest burn rate, internal Blur-ray burner, you can find for your high-end desktop computer.

Use only +R blank media for standard definition and ALWAYS use only Imgburn for burning software.

Desktop internal burners are much better than laptop burners.
:D

Why, in your opinion, is ImgBurn better than CloneDVD2 for burning DVD's?

Personally, I've not had any problems using CloneDVD2.

Same here as well...also @ fast eddie you might want to take note imgburn doesn't compress the out format as well. So you will be limited to dvd5 to dvd5 and dvd9 to dvd9 from original format as well as bd to bd of equal size only. Not with clonedvd can go from dvd9 to dvd5 with some loss or none depending on the original size of the dvd media format for that movie. Only limiting factor is it will not do bd. Beyond that I had no problem using it compressing the format or going to same format with clonedvd. And how you came to your conclusion is subjective at best without much to support it.

however it may be the -r option you're using. +R has a couple of advantages over it. I'd recommend switching to +r
The drive should be a LG GSA-T50L with Renesas chipset
I can't understand why there should be any advantage using DVD+R media instead :confused: - especially as some of his/her discs burned ok.

if you must know there's a couple.

* better scratch resistance
* a bit more space
* Variable layer break (this is a big advantage). -R has a fixed layer break, wich isnt always in the best place if you burn double layer discs.
* booktype setting, another thing -r media doesnt have

I'm pretty sure none of those "advantages" will help with his/her issue ;)

Pretty sure my drive is up to date. Thanks for the drive update, but my drive is AD-7580S. Switched to a new security program and it did find a couple of things on my computer... but still having an issue. Frustrating. Never had problems before doing the exact same thing with -R dvds.

Could it be that I just need to get a DVD burner lens cleaner program?

Gonna try burning a disk with a different program and see what happens.

If you have AnyDVD please post a logfile.
If you don't have AnyDVD install ImgBurn and open Tools -> Filter Driver Load Order.
Which filter drivers do you see (you can 'Copy to Clipboard') ?
Could it be that I just need to get a DVD burner lens cleaner program?
There isn't something like that.
If it's no software issue use isopropanol on a Q-Tip and clean the lens VERY softly.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.7.9.0)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7580S FH03 APR17,2008
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-R
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2286192 sectors (4465 MBytes)

Here's the specs from a copy that I was trying to put onto my harddrive and failed.

Like i said. These are just the specs from my drive. The DVDs seem to reading fine... but once I make a file out of them...squeeze them... or don't. They fail in the burning process.... or sometimes they work. It's become so iffy, I was getting tired of the 30% success rate and have stopped burning anything.

You can use SamuriHL's Bad Disc Guide to help find out which filters you have on your PC, and maybe to help out trying to solve your burning issue.

An AnyDVD log would be of great help though, so the mods can troubleshoot your issue.

Otherwise, everything said on this topic is just idle speculation.

Just tried to copy a disk using anyDVD and got this... anyDVD ripper error:
FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 3126501376 311296

perfectly good disk

Same DVD as the previous spec that I put up: I regressed back to anyDVD 6.7.8.0 and got this as the spec for it:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.7.8.0)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7580S FH03 APR17,2008
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.

Video DVD (or CD) label: VIDEO_DVD
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

CKENN19:

You still haven't sent any important info, because I assume that you know how to post a log file, and the fact that cryptic, 1 sentence answers that you've posted so far don't help out your situation.

It's been said many times that just because a disc plays doesn't mean that it's a good disc.

And, the text you've posted is only part of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle, which is where the AnyDVD log comes into play.

:confused:

Please follow the suggestions that I and others stated out earlier. It'll help resolve your issue.

Media is a DVD.

Video DVD (or CD) label: VIDEO_DVD
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.

Looks like the DVD is already a copy.
Exit/disable AnyDVD and try again.

Back