• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Can't Play BD ISO With TMT3 Platinum

Instead of removing the Iviaspi filter I thought I would first try disabling this driver. I did this using System Explorer. Upon reboot neither my optical drive nor virtual drive appeared in Windows Explorer. This did not seem good so I re enabled Iviaspi. I wasn't sure whether removing it using ImgBurn would produce the same undesirable result so I decided to install the Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver. Up to this point I had not yet taken this troubleshooting step primarily because there did not seem to be a consensus on whether this was necessary. My sense was that perhaps on an XP system this could help.

After installation of the UDF 2.5 driver I am able to play a BD ISO mounted in VCD on TMT3.

Instead of removing the Iviaspi filter I thought I would first try disabling this driver. I did this using System Explorer. Upon reboot neither my optical drive nor virtual drive appeared in Windows Explorer. This did not seem good so I re enabled Iviaspi. I wasn't sure whether removing it using ImgBurn would produce the same undesirable result so I decided to install the Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver. Up to this point I had not yet taken this troubleshooting step primarily because there did not seem to be a consensus on whether this was necessary. My sense was that perhaps on an XP system this could help.

After installation of the UDF 2.5 driver I am able to play a BD ISO mounted in VCD on TMT3.

The UDF 2.5 driver is absoluely required on an XP system since there is no native support for reading the filesystem on either HD-DVDs or BDs with the OS.

The filter entry that you see using ImgBurn is the entry in the registry telling the driver to be loaded. If you remove the entry as I showed with ImgBurn then all it does is not load the driver. It wouldn't cause the drives to vanish. Leaving the driver listed in your filter stack may cause problems later with read errors but that's your decision to make.

TMT3, BD ISO Playback & UDF 2.5 drivers

I had this same problem - installing the UDF drivers allowed playback in TMT3 AND solved some playback problems of a couple ISO's with PDVD Ultra 9. However, there is audio skipping/stuttering in TMT3 on BD ISO playback (this same problem was posted by another member after he installed the drivers) - not so with PDVD. SO, I need to do so some more digging.

--------------------------------------
My HTPC Build:
Software: Win XP-32bit SP3, ANYDVD-HD (v6.5.7.1),VIRTUAL CLONE DRIVE (v5.4.3.4), CYBERLINK POWERDVD 9 Ultra (v9.0.1719.0), TMT 3 (v3.0.1.120_3.0.1.140)

Case: SILVERSTONE HTPC CASE LC17-B
MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775
CPU: INTEL CORE 2 Duo E8400 WOLFDALE 3.0GHz
CPU Cooling: FREEZER 7 PRO 92mm
Video::ASUS EN9600GT SLIENT/HTDI/512M GeForce 9600 GT HDCP
Memory: CORSAIR 2X4096-6400C4DHX
Hard Drive: 7.5TB: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN 1.5TB SATA2
Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI
DVDROM: LG Black Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD Burner GGC-H20
Input: IOGEAR MEDIA CENTER WIRELESS KB & MOUSE

Last edited:
I have not encountered any audio playback issues thus far with an ISO in TMT3 after installing the UDF 2.5 drivers. I'm using only an SPDIF with an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude audio card. Perhaps the problem may be related to audio processing using your sound card or MB integrated audio. If possible, try using an SPDIF connection and bypass the sound card or MB integrated audio processing.

I have not encountered any audio playback issues thus far with an ISO in TMT3 after installing the UDF 2.5 drivers. I'm using only an SPDIF with an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude audio card. Perhaps the problem may be related to audio processing using your sound card or MB integrated audio. If possible, try using an SPDIF connection and bypass the sound card or MB integrated audio processing.

Thanks for the info. Yes, that was my next step. I currently am using SPDIF , that is integrated with the MB. My understanding is that TMT3 has better audio capabilities than PDVD, that's why I was looking into using it, but ran into the ISO problem. Then ironically, once I was past the ISO problem, I ran into this audio issue :bang: . I was looking into buying an Asus Xonar audio board given that's what's "recommended" on the TMT3 site.

Last edited:
The Asus Xonar HD card is recommended because it is the card TMT3 uses to transmit Dolby HD and DTS HD via the "protected audio path" nonsense. PowerDVD will be using a forthcoming card from Auzentech. However, it appears the there will be a forthcoming player from SlySoft that will be independent of any particular audio card in transmitting Dolby and DTS HD audio from BD. You may want to wait until then before investing in either the Asus or Auzentech HD audio cards because with either one of those you will only be able to transmit Dolby and DTS HD audio using the particular player for which the card allows protected audio path transmission-Asus using TMT3 or Auzentech using PowerDVD.

In the meantime, I would try a dedicated sound card using SPDIF. Something not cheap but not crazy expensive either-just to see if it resolves your audio issue. I've generally had less problems when using a dedicated sound card as opposed to integrated MB audio.

Back