• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Can't Play BD ISO With TMT3 Platinum

Misha41

I'm running XP SP3, AnyDVD HD 6.5.5.9, Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.2.5, and TMT3 Platinum 3.0.1.140

I can't play a BD ISO made with AnyDVD HD in TMT3. I mount the file in VCD but nothing happens in TMT3. This is the case with any BD ISO using TMT3. What's puzzling to me however is that these same ISOs WILL play in Win DVD9.
Also, and I don't know how significant this is, when I mount an .iso file in VCD the Windows dialog box for the virtual drive pops up asking what do I want Windows to do when a BLANK CD is inserted into this drive.

I've searched some forum threads at SlySoft that seemed to be relevant to this issue but couldn't find anything I felt was definitive. I did find some threads that mentioned a UDF 2.5 driver but after some investigation I believe this version of AnyDVD HD has such drivers already.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you for the suggestion. I updated VCD to 5.4.3.4 but it did not solve the problem. I am still unable to play a BD .iso file in TMT3.

I'm using TMT3 140 and have zero problems playing ISO's mounted in VCD. You may want to fully uninstall TMT3, clean the registry and file system of all ArcSoft entries, and reinstall TMT3. Definitely seems like a TMT3 issue.

Thank you for the suggestion. I did already try an uninstall/reinstall sequence using Total Uninstall 5, an uninstaller that does a good job of removing leftover registry entries. Unfortunately this also did not rectify the problem.

Is this Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver that I've read about on another thread required for ISOs to play in TMT3? I can't determine whether it is and I'm assuming it is not installed on my system.

This problem is very vexing. Why do the ISOs play in Win DVD9 but not TMT3? You have no problems playing ISOs using TMT3 yet I get nothing. I can however play a BD movie in TMT3 from files in the movie's folder that are generated by the 'Rip to Disk' method in AnyDVD HD but strangely this playback method does not work using Win DVD9.

It's looking like this one may be unresolved.

For playback of a mounted ISO, the Toshiba UDF driver is not necessary at all. TMT3 should be able to play it just like an original. Something is definitely not right on your machine.

I've searched some forum threads at SlySoft that seemed to be relevant to this issue but couldn't find anything I felt was definitive. I did find some threads that mentioned a UDF 2.5 driver but after some investigation I believe this version of AnyDVD HD has such drivers already.

Any help is much appreciated.
AnyDVD HD installs a UDF 2.5 driver that it uses only for itself, nothing else on the system has access to it. As you don't appear to have one installed I'd advise installing the Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver anyway

Ok, thank you. I will install the UDF 2.5 driver since there appears to be disagreement on the need for it to playback an .iso file in TMT3 and troubleshooting options for this problem are being exhausted. I just hope it will not have an adverse effect on my system. I have the uninstaller registry entry I found in another thread but there is no "merge" on the right-click menu. I'm assuming a double click on the .reg file will merge this entry into the registry.

I will give this a try and see what happens. Thanks again.

I did update vcd and set the default drive in TMT3 to the vcd one but there was no positive result--still no response whatsoever from TMT3 when trying to play an ISO.

So after you mount an image with VCD, you go into TMT3, and select the VCD drive and nothing happens? Odd. For me it works fine on 3 different machines.

Yes, that is correct. I mount the image in VCD, and I get a Windows dialog box asking what do I want Windows to do when a blank CD is inserted into this drive-M in this case-the virtual drive. I have M set as the default drive in TMT3 and when I select to open from M absolutely nothing happens.

How are you building the ISO's? I have to agree with SamuriHL, I've installed TMT3 on approx 12 systems and never had an issue with it reading ISO's mounted in VCD
I'd recommend posting up an AnyDVD HD logfile

Last edited:
...I mount the image in VCD, and I get a Windows dialog box asking what do I want Windows to do when a blank CD is inserted into this drive-M in this case-the virtual drive....

That indicates that your ISO is invalid. Windows will not ask that question for a valid ISO.

Recreate the ISO, paying close attention to the instructions for the method you choose.

If you know that this ISO used to work, then you have a more subtle problem.

I thank everyone for their interest and suggestions with this problem. I am very appreciative.

All the ISOs I've made were done at least 4 months ago and they all play in WinDVD 9. I would say that I am 90% confident these ISOs were made according to the instructions in AnyDVD HD. I will review those instructions, make another ISO, see what results from that, and post the log file.

We might be on to something here. I just put a BD disk into the optical drive and that Windows dialog box shows up asking what do I want to do when a BLANK CD is inserted. I don't recall ever seeing that before with an actual BD disk in the physical drive. This may be related to why TMT3 won't play any ISOs. TMT3 does play this BD disk, even though Windows seems to think it is a blank CD.

I'm going to make an ISO from this disk but I'm starting to think that Windows seeing both a BD disk in the optical drive and an ISO mounted on the virtual drive as blank CDs may be the culprit.

I made a new ISO and still no success playing in TMT3. I used AnyDVD's Rip To Image method and both "Keep Protection" and "Create additional .dvd file" unchecked.

I created an AnyDVD log file but there is a lot there and I don't know what to post.

I created an AnyDVD log file but there is a lot there and I don't know what to post.

All of it. The logs are created and automatically zipped up for a reason. All of the information is relevant when trying to resolve a problem.

I believe I uploaded the .zip log file. Please excuse any ignorance here.

Here's some additional information that may be helpful in troubleshooting this problem:
*an ISO of a standard dvd plays in TMT3 (I used ImgBurn to make this ISO) and when I mount the ISO in VCD Windows asks what do I want to do with a DVD movie--all seems well with a standard DVD
*when a BD disk is in the optical drive or an ISO is mounted in VCD Windows asks what do I want to do with a blank CD. When I do a right-click explore for the optical drive Windows says please insert a disk. TMT3 WILL play a BD disk from the optical drive.

I think the problem has something to do with Windows not recognizing a BD disk. Remember, I'm using XP SP3.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.9_Info_I_BURN_AFTER.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 1
I believe I uploaded the .zip log file. Please excuse any ignorance here.

Here's some additional information that may be helpful in troubleshooting this problem:
*an ISO of a standard dvd plays in TMT3 (I used ImgBurn to make this ISO) and when I mount the ISO in VCD Windows asks what do I want to do with a DVD movie--all seems well with a standard DVD
*when a BD disk is in the optical drive or an ISO is mounted in VCD Windows asks what do I want to do with a blank CD. When I do a right-click explore for the optical drive Windows says please insert a disk. TMT3 WILL play a BD disk from the optical drive.

I think the problem has something to do with Windows not recognizing a BD disk. Remember, I'm using XP SP3.

I no longer run XP so I can't test under that OS. I'm having no issues with TMT3 under Vista x64 SP2. This may be a TMT3 issue but I really can't say why.

If you are a registered user of AnyDVD HD then I recommend updating to the latest beta release which is v6.5.6.9: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6569.exe.

From your logs:

Iviaspi (system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys), Version: 1.0.0.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: InterVideo, Inc.
Product: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Copyright: InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.
Description: InterVideo ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0

This filter can potentially lead to problems such as read errors. I recommend removing it. A list of problematic filters can be viewed here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536.

Remove the iviaspi.sys filter:

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "iviaspi". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed the filters may no longer work properly. Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary. Removing this filter really shouldn't cause anything to break.

After rebooting create and post a new set of log files.

Back